Brilliant Portkeys & Runes

LadyRedIIILadyRedIII Posts: 167 ✭✭✭
in Brilliant Events #1 latest comment 27 October, 2019, 07:23 am.

Will the brilliant portkeys and Runestones disappear from vault after the second part of the brilliant fighting forces ends? Or will they stay in inventory to be used whenever? Just wondering if I should prepare to burn through a bunch or continue to use them as I work my way through the game.

Comments

• GinnungagapGinnungagap Posts: 447 ✭✭✭✭
    #217 October, 2019, 07:43 pm.

@LadyRedIII They stick around.

• DogoutlawDogoutlaw Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #317 October, 2019, 07:51 pm.

Yep, they'll stay! Those runestones are awesome for later when you just wanna a quick battle in a lower chamber, or challenge registry foundable hunting.

• LadyRedIIILadyRedIII Posts: 167 ✭✭✭
    #417 October, 2019, 08:00 pm.

Thanks ginnungagap and dogoutlaw! 😄

• kiheikidkiheikid Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2019 #517 October, 2019, 09:16 pm.

@LadyRedIII

please be very careful about using brilliant event week 1 portkeys after week 1 has ended; if i recall correctly, they only return the week 1 portkey fragment

to be safe, clear your portkey vault of all week 1 portkeys BEFORE start of week 2 (otherwise you might not be able to distinguish inside your vault between week 1 brilliant portkeys and week 2 brilliant portkeys); AND wait until start of week 2 before picking up additional brilliant portkey portmanteaus so they will return week 2 portkey fragments

this is different than how brilliant fighting forces runestones work for week 1 versus week 2

#617 October, 2019, 09:21 pm.

Kiheikid - ooooh ok. Thank you! I’ve had 4 open and waiting for week 2 to start. So I should go ahead and use those ASAP yes?

#717 October, 2019, 09:50 pm.

Depending on how many you can open before Part 2, you could leave them for now and open morning of. That will make space for the new ones. If you clear spots before then, you'll see portmanteaus everywhere on the map, and some people cannot resist picking them up. Then you'll have a bunch of non-brilliant portmanteaus taking up space that you'll need to clear out. Kiheikid is right in that they will only give fragments for the part 1 frame, so you'll need to gather part 2 portmanteaus so you can get the part 2 fragments. But your method on how you go about that is up to you and your strengths and possible weaknesses. Right now, I have 5 boots, some are brilliant, keying a 5 km, and have another 5km and 10km waiting for a key. So I'm leaving my boots until morning of part 2 event. That's my strategy at the moment. Sort of just depends what you have and how fast you can open them in the timeframe left.

• GinnungagapGinnungagap Posts: 447 ✭✭✭✭
    #817 October, 2019, 10:29 pm.

What you get from the portkeys is based on when you unlock it, not when you open it.

#917 October, 2019, 10:45 pm.

I think it's based on when you pick it up, rather than when you unlock... I'd have to go back and look at that update or comment. I think it was said somewhere by HPWULola.

#1017 October, 2019, 10:49 pm.

@Ginnungagap check this post. There might be another, would have to dig some more. But when it says collect, I take that to mean pick up.

https://community.harrypotterwizardsunite.com/en/discussion/2233/week-1-of-back-to-hogwarts-brilliant-event-info

• GingerSnake66GingerSnake66 Posts: 6 ✭✭
    #1117 October, 2019, 10:52 pm.

The official site says part 1 Portkeys will only give you part 1 items so you should go ahead and open them before next week. Nearly done opening all of mine..getting Erumpet horns finally is the best part of those portkeys.

#1217 October, 2019, 11:42 pm.

@LadyRedIII up to you when to open the brilliant portkeys as long as before start of week2 brilliant event

if it were me, i’d open sooner rather than later to help me plan - eg what ingredients to gather/manage

#1321 October, 2019, 08:30 am.

@HPWULola - would you confirm please whether brilliant fighting force runestones that were obtained during week 1 or in the gap week between week 1 and week 2, when used for fortress battles during brilliant fighting forces event week 2, will return the fragments (if any) for the brilliant order of the phoenix photo?

james wright aka @LekeyVelder seems to be saying in his youtube vid guide

that those runestones from week 1 or the gap week will not (ever) return the brilliant order of the phoenix photo fragments — but that is not how brilliant runestones worked for previous 2-part brilliant events (harry potter; return to hogwarts).

if james aka @LekeyVelder is correct, this major change should have been disclosed to hpwu players much earlier, because the expectation is that the brilliant runestones would work for this 2-part brilliant event in the same way as for past 2-part brilliant events, and there likely will be many upset hpwu players.

we would appreciate your clarification asap, please!

• hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 876 admin
    #1421 October, 2019, 05:57 pm.

Hi everyone:

Brilliant Runestones rewards are affected by the week they're used in a Fortress.

Brilliant Portkeys rewards are determined the week they're picked up.

Therefore, if you use a Fighting Forces Brilliant Runestones during Week 2 of the event, you will receive the reward from Week 2.

• ImaginatioImaginatio Posts: 716 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1521 October, 2019, 07:00 pm.

@HPWULola thank you for the clarification 😊

#1621 October, 2019, 08:07 pm.

@HPWULola - thank you Lola !!

#1722 October, 2019, 02:15 pm.

I’ve yet to get anything really good from a Portkey; however, I keep picking Erumpent horns up off the ground near my neighborhood 😁 and I found a wild growing toadstool too - so that conservation effort over the weekend to save the toadstool using greenhouses must have worked 😉🍄

#1822 October, 2019, 02:17 pm.

Thanks @HPWULola 😄

edited October 2019 #1922 October, 2019, 02:58 pm.

@LadyRedIII those wild toadstools are fun to find! And well done on your conservation efforts!

#2023 October, 2019, 09:24 pm.

@Dogoutlaw thanks!! They really are 😁🍄

#2124 October, 2019, 03:08 am.

bravo to the HPWU team on this week 2 of the fighting forces brilliant event and, at least in my experience and my wife’s experience, getting the brilliant fighting forces runestones (picked up back in week 1) to drop the brilliant order of the phoenix photo fragments (3 for 3), and getting the 3k brilliant portkey portmanteaus picked up this week to drop the brilliant portrait of phineas nigellus fragments (5 for 5), all correctly for us. hope our smooth experience is shared by many others too (have not seen any complaints posted yet re brilliant runestones and brilliant portkeys for this week 2 part of the brilliant fighting forces event)

thanks again to @HPWULola for her clarification

#2227 October, 2019, 06:31 am.

@kiheikid so glad it has gone well for you and your wife! 😄 pretty much the same on my side. I’m working on the bonus round and struggling to come across enough of the brilliant death eaters. I encountered them constantly in part I but struggling with part II lol. Otherwise it has gone really well here.

Thanks @HPWULola and the rest of the wizarding world!

#2327 October, 2019, 07:23 am.

@LadyRedIII - thank you. ya might have to pop a trace detection tonic or two, in order to increase your chances for getting the brilliant death eaters