October Halloween Event Time

GinnungagapGinnungagap Posts: 447 ✭✭✭✭
in Community Day #1 latest comment 18 October, 2019, 03:27 pm.

@HPWULola

In the release for 2.5.0 it was stated that there was an event on Halloween. I am curious if more details of the timing can be shared. As that day is a thursday, it is likely more people will have school and/or work both on that day and the following day. Additionally many areas including mine have official "trick or treat" that night (6pm -8pm) in my neighborhood. The combination of the two makes it extremely difficult for large amounts of people to participate I would imagine. The only way I could, would be more advanced planning which I cannot do without additional details regarding the time etc. Even if I wanted to go out after trick or treating, sponsored inns close! It may be difficult at best to take advantage of sponsored locations at all during this event.

Please share at least minimal details with us as a time period is not a spoiler!

Comments

• CVRLunaCVRLuna Posts: 16 ✭✭
    #216 October, 2019, 03:06 pm.

I agree @Ginnungagap . Here we do trick or treat every year on the Saturday before Halloween. Since it does fall on a Thursday this year, I will DEF have to make plans in advance or there's no way I can participate. And I'm so excited about this!!!! I would hate to miss out! Can anyone give us even just a time frame??

• LadyRedIIILadyRedIII Posts: 167 ✭✭✭
    #316 October, 2019, 03:38 pm.

Following

• DogoutlawDogoutlaw Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #416 October, 2019, 04:02 pm.

Agreed! I’ll be working on Halloween. I don’t need the activity plans and all those details, just the timeframe so I can try to make arrangements if need be. Thanks @HPWULola !

#617 October, 2019, 12:11 am.

@HPWULola OK, thanks! So maybe I'll go to work then... darn. LOL

• LadyRedIIILadyRedIII Posts: 167 ✭✭✭
    #717 October, 2019, 04:14 am.

😂 dogoutlaw

• ImaginatioImaginatio Posts: 714 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #817 October, 2019, 10:14 am.

@HPWULola Thanks!

@Dogoutlaw lol 😂

• FritLyreleafFritLyreleaf Posts: 44 ✭✭
    #917 October, 2019, 11:19 am.

Thanks, I was wondering about that too, it's very hard to make plans otherwise.

Regarding sponsored inns, how do you know what those are or where they are? Is it only a US thing or will other areas have it too? Such as, in my case, Europe?

• GinnungagapGinnungagap Posts: 447 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2019 #1017 October, 2019, 11:33 am.

@FritLyreleaf there are some Simon malls in Europe as well as EE. I am not aware beyond that what sponsorships there are.

#1117 October, 2019, 12:15 pm.

Simon malls? EE? Never heard of those so probably not here in the Netherlands.

I tried googling it but get so many nonsense search results... or more questions lol

Thanks though, at least I now know it's a very specific brand or store type of thing. That probably rules it out for a small country like mine.

• GinnungagapGinnungagap Posts: 447 ✭✭✭✭
    #1217 October, 2019, 12:34 pm.

@FritLyreleaf https://www.simon.com/mall/international

There are 2 Simon malls in the Netherlands. EE is a phone carrier but may only be in the UK.

#1317 October, 2019, 12:53 pm.

Oh thank you! Had a look, neither is very close, but if I get to know more Dutch players it might be worth planning an outing for a future event. I'd feel terribly out of place amongst stores like that on my own, but in a group I tend to be less self-conscious about things like that, too busy having fun! Oh, that is assuming entrance is open to anyone. The pictures are outside, so I hope so. I was shocked to learn from a friend that even over here some places don't allow people who aren't dressed to the nines in a certain price range, thought that was an American thing, on tv mainly. But apparently they have that over here as well. Hopefully those malls in NL aren't like that.

Anyone reading this who knows either one? In Roosendaal or Roermond?

I think you're right that EE is British. I may one day go to the UK to visit family, if that just so happens to be around an event I'll definitely look for more info on it ;)

Thank you!

#1417 October, 2019, 03:17 pm.

@FritLyreleaf there are other players here on the forum from Netherlands, lemme find their handles really quick.

#1517 October, 2019, 03:24 pm.

@FritLyreleaf the other two I’ve seen recently are @ZaansGroen and @Jeroenix . In the Local Groups area of the forum, you can pin the map with your location as well as look for others who may be in your area. Good luck!

#1617 October, 2019, 07:25 pm.

Had found some posts for local groups in other parts of the country, hadn't seen a map, will go look for it, thanks!

Because I go from town to town a lot, I'd love to try and connect with people in different parts of the country. Let's see how that goes :)

• Lolabola118Lolabola118 Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #1718 October, 2019, 02:39 pm.

Where is the local groups area of the forum? Under which section?