Doxy droppings and Werewolves hair

13»

Comments

• DogoutlawDogoutlaw Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 18 #6218 August, 2019, 02:45 pm.

@Lornahhg I’m in North Idaho (technically northern Idaho, but people here think it should be separate state😂). Basically I’m surrounded by farming fields or forests. No idea what biome that would be. But I’ve seen all oddities at various times. Centaur is by far the most common tho.

• HypnoTravelerHypnoTraveler Posts: 77 ✭✭
    #6318 August, 2019, 03:01 pm.

@Lornahhg I’m in So California not far from a park and the beach, but a long ways from Scotland sadly. Those horned serpents must live with my ancestors.

• MikeHughJassMikeHughJass Posts: 5 ✭✭
    #6421 August, 2019, 11:25 pm.

Dawn: Horned Serpents, Doxies

Day: Centaurs, Pixies

Dusk: Horned Serpents, Leprechauns

Night: Vampires, (full moon - Werewolves)

No relation to weather or biome that I've seen or heard of.

#6522 August, 2019, 02:29 pm.

Thank you @MikeHughJass I’ve found plenty of all, but no Horned Serpents. Maxed out on all others in registry. Not sure how to make sense of it.

• Overflow4487Overflow4487 Posts: 387 ✭✭✭✭
    #6622 August, 2019, 09:16 pm.

@HypnoTraveler The Horned serpents are not spawning in what is considered desert biomes. So LA has had trouble getting them, but other areas that aren’t so dry (San Francisco for example) seem not to have an issue. I hate to say take a road trip to find them...but it seems for now they are not appearing in very dry places (desert biomes).

#6722 August, 2019, 11:13 pm.

Thanks @Overflow4487 that does help narrowing down where to find the elusive Horned Serpents. It feels a bit strange to live in a semi arid coastal city and it is considered a desert biome, but I’m guessing you are right on.

• JesusLvsHarryJesusLvsHarry Posts: 1 ✭✭
    #6825 August, 2019, 09:42 am.

I guess it's a good thing I couldn't sleep and found this forum! Looks like I'll be waiting until dawn to find those illusive doxies.

I live in the country so I'm a little jealous of you all that get to lie in bed and have traces spawn. Looks like a nice dawn walk or 2 is in my future. :)

• SamuelHaightSamuelHaight Posts: 94 ✭✭
    #6916 September, 2019, 01:39 pm.

After months of not finding a single Doxy, I found 3 last Wednesday. Since then, nothing. 🤦‍♂️ So I am still stuck on this SoS assignment. LOL

If Horned Serpents are not showing up in desert biomes, I'm screwed. LOL There's nothing BUT desert here in Phoenix. 🤣

#7016 September, 2019, 02:47 pm.

@SamuelHaight something I’ve noticed about doxies where I live, they like cooler, cloudy type weather. I’m not a morning person to start, but the times I woke up early to grab them for the sos, it was better luck with those conditions and nothing on clear dawns. Does that fit with when you caught them?

• JulieJubzJulieJubz Posts: 548 ✭✭✭✭
    #7116 September, 2019, 05:51 pm.

I'm gonna start keeping an eye out for that @Dogoutlaw.

• SamuelHaightSamuelHaight Posts: 94 ✭✭
    #7218 September, 2019, 11:04 am.

@Dogoutlaw now that you mention it, yeah, it does fit. I just caught 2 more yesterday morning. Both mornings were much cooler than normal, and it was cloudy.

#7318 September, 2019, 11:13 pm.

The sun is rising earlier now and I don't have the heart to wake up from 4-6 am to catch Doxies 😭

#7519 September, 2019, 01:03 am.

@SamuelHaight Awesome! What I've done (since as I mentioned, I'm not a morning person!), I don't bother getting up early to hunt them unless the forecast is for good doxy weather. We had the needed weather last weekend, and hubby and I managed to catch 10 on Sunday morning. Leprechauns like the same weather as well, and they seem to be territorial. It took us a little time to figure out where the leprechauns hung out and where the doxies were, but eventually we found them and hunted until dawn was over. Hopefully that helps!

@JulieJubz oh no, I didn't think about that! Since you're in the southern hemisphere... :( Good luck, and hope you find a bunch soon before it gets too early (and sunny) for you!

@HPWULOLA YAY!

• ImaginatioImaginatio Posts: 264 ✭✭✭
    #7619 September, 2019, 05:58 am.

I just got my very first Doxy today. So happy! It was around quarter to seven at dawn and it showed it as a clear day.

HPWULOLA, Congratulations! That’s awesome😊

#7719 September, 2019, 04:29 pm.

@Dogoutlaw it was actually really funny. Sometimes I wake up randomly around 7:20, which means I have about 20 mins to try and catch Doxies. So I was waiting around for a while, and dying to get back to sleep, and found it odd that nothing was showing up. Then I noticed the sun was already up and only then did I go look at what the new sunrise time is. I am soooooo not a morning person.

I need to go visit Japan again, that was the only time in my life where I became a respectable morning person xD And that's because the timezones were such a mess and I was going to sleep at 7pm to wake up at 4 am. Hahah

#7819 September, 2019, 08:04 pm.

@JulieJubz I feel you! I'm so not a morning person, so when I found out doxies were at dawn, I was not amused!! And my sleep is more important than the game, so I wasn't in a hurry! I'd usually turn on the game in bed, if there was a doxy, I'd catch it, wait a few minutes, if nothing, go back to bed. If no doxies when I started the game, back to bed! LOL I got through my five after a couple of weeks at least.

• CeruleanGirlCeruleanGirl Posts: 79 ✭✭✭
    #7921 September, 2019, 05:46 pm.

When I was doing the doxy SOS, I set my alarm for 4:30 AM one morning, got up and drove to a nearby shopping center that has 5 inns, a greenhouse, a fortress, and typically has a LOT of traces constantly. I used a couple of Brain Elixirs and knocked out the doxies in about 10 minutes and stayed about an hour and a half to do some challenges and a ton of traces. It was a very profitable morning! 😁

• StrongberryStrongberry Posts: 3
    #8003 October, 2019, 02:29 am.

I managed to battle and defeat 6 doxies yesterday but got no droppings anyone else have this problem?

#8103 October, 2019, 03:23 am.

@Strongberry I’m gonna ask what might be a stupid question, but gotta make sure! Are you on this specific sos task? It won’t work if you haven’t gotten to this task yet, or have already completed it. If yes, were you seeing your reward screens after each catch, or was it glitching back to the map after you defeated the doxy? I don’t suppose you have any video of this? To answer your question, I haven’t seen this issue reported yet. If you give some more info, we might figure out the issue, or advise you to report the issue as a possible new bug.

#8204 October, 2019, 04:31 am.

@ dogoutlaw Yes, I’m on this task. Now that you mention it, it did glitch back to the map. Maybe that’s the problem? No, sorry. No video.

edited October 4 #8304 October, 2019, 06:13 am.

@Strongberry I’m going to guess that was the issue since most people haven’t had an issue on this task, that I’ve seen at least. Which is really unfortunate!!! Those doxies aren’t always easy to get and given oddities seem to be causing the glitch, that makes this more difficult. You could report in app, although you may or may not get a result. I wish they had a thread for this issue under known issues! Then you could comment there that it’s possibly interfering with the sos tasks. Maybe @HPWULola or @HPWUMicah can help on this?

#8404 October, 2019, 09:51 am.

@ dogoutlaw I reported the problem in the app.

• GinnungagapGinnungagap Posts: 311 ✭✭✭✭
    #8504 October, 2019, 09:54 am.

@Strongberry the oddities return glitch is marked in progress so hopefully that should get fixed for you really soon.

• KatsquestKatsquest Posts: 1
    #8604 October, 2019, 03:05 pm.

I see them every morning just sitting in my room, after 9 they seem to be gone

#8704 October, 2019, 04:45 pm.

@Strongberry awesome! I’m sure the devs are working on the issue as it affects everyone, so hopefully a fix soon. In the meantime, if you’re determined to get past this task despite the update issues, my best advice would be.... 1. If you are glitching to the map, restart app; 2. Don’t touch the screen after doxy capture so you’ll hopefully see your rewards screen and see those droppings🤞🏻; 3. Restart app after getting your rewards so you’re ready for the next one, just in case. Good luck! And we’d love to hear when you get past this task!

edited October 11 #8811 October, 2019, 02:51 am.

According to @HPWULola‘s update of the community day event this month, we may finally be able to complete this particular SOS task.

I hope everyone gets a chance to participate and they don’t miss out.

Be prepared and good luck everyone 😊

https://community.harrypotterwizardsunite.com/en/discussion/3241/october-community-day-announcement#latest

• TovRenderTovRender Posts: 1
    #8914 October, 2019, 03:28 am.

Just got a doxy at 9pm. It is a full moon... Maybe that is why?

#9014 October, 2019, 08:53 am.

@TovRender we’re you using the trace tonic? Various oddities appear out of their usual time with that, otherwise Doxies usually come out at dawn.