Cannot log-in back in to my account?!

Trixie175Trixie175 Posts: 1 ✭✭
in Report a Bug #1 latest comment 22 October, 2019, 10:01 pm.

Hey guys,

I might need your help. It's been 2 days since i could play the game last. Since then i am not able to get back in to my account at all. It keeps asking me to set my birth day and then if i want to login via gmail or fb, but then nothing's happening... i've tried to restart the game or even tried to re-install... but it's still the same. No changes.

Is anyone else having this kind of problem? What i am supposed to do? I don't wanna lose all of my rewards. :(

Comments

• LttledvlLttledvl Posts: 1
    #211 July, 2019, 01:56 pm.

Having the same issue. Game was working fine, then suddenly asks to submit birthday and only gives me option to create an account. No screen or anywhere to login to existing.

• AelbethAelbeth Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #312 July, 2019, 01:23 pm.

The exact thing happened to me today. I'm so upset! How do we fix this???

• AelbethAelbeth Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #412 July, 2019, 02:15 pm.

FWIW- I was able to get back to my account. My problem was that when the log-in screen came appears this morning I selected FB as the SM account, forgetting that I had sign up with Google. So I created a quick account, then went in to Settings and logged out. After that it took me back to the screen asking for my DOB and finally SM. After selecting Google this time I was logged in and all is great again. Hope that helps!!

• ElijahBerryElijahBerry Posts: 1 ✭✭
    #512 July, 2019, 03:16 pm.

My friend was having the same problem. Click your suitcase ---> Click the gears in the upper left corner ---> Click help/legal in the bottom right ---> Here you can unlink and link your accounts and get your stuff back. Hope this helps everyone!

• JanniejoanneJanniejoanne Posts: 1
    #612 July, 2019, 11:19 pm.

Hi same here the game keeps kicking me out showing error codes and no GPS connections over the last two days. Then today it made me sign back in twice. What is going on lots of people are askj g the same questions on Facebook?

• SindayaSindaya Posts: 1
    edited September 12 #712 September, 2019, 06:17 pm.

Had the same issue as the game first was released and had to go throgh the same process with creating new accounts to be able to log off. Terrible procedure. And as the new update came today I was suddenly logged out again. By misstake I chose the wrong email and hence once more find myself back in the loop of not being able to leave the 'select your birth date' page. Is there really still no other way to exit from that page than to make a new account and to avoid the new account/ log out/log in with proper google - loop? (Deleting game and upload again makes no difference, still back at 'date page')

Thanks

• MsCyberKatzMsCyberKatz Posts: 7 ✭✭
    #816 September, 2019, 12:13 am.

Only happened to me about a month ago before the major update showing your nrg & such on the main screen. Was very annoying, now just battling with this gps nonsense...

• jvdtujjvdtuj Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #916 September, 2019, 03:41 am.

Exactly the same thing happened to me after 4/9/19 40MB update, I reported it and it's been nearly 2 weeks now and not even a peep, NOTHING, NOT EVEN A WORD OF REPLY! Their support and services are scandalous! This many years of experience and they treat their customers like this, especially that I made couple of in-game purchases, they owe me the money!

• jvdtujjvdtuj Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited September 16 #1016 September, 2019, 03:42 am.

• #1116 September, 2019, 08:59 pm.

@jvdtuj Hi there, I am looking into this. I found your ticket and see that the account you originally had that is level 22 still exists.

Can you head to the app, log out of this account, and when you go to login, make sure you are using the email address that was associated with the account. Let me know here if that works!

• #1216 September, 2019, 09:13 pm.

@Trixie175 Same advice should work for you! Make sure you select the same gmail account that you use in the game, you should find yourself back into the Trixie175 account. If this does not work, can you share a screenshot of what you see after clicking 'Login via Google.'

• FlameWatch204FlameWatch204 Posts: 1
    #1317 September, 2019, 02:33 am.

I got kicked out today, can't get to anywhere that I can log out. Screen name is FlameWatch204, I don't want to create multiple accounts. I open the app and it goes straight to birthdate. Very annoying.

• DogoutlawDogoutlaw Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1417 September, 2019, 03:01 am.

@FlameWatch204 put in your birthdate. On the next screen, choose the log in method you chose for your initial set up. The method your account is on. It should pull up. If not, report back.

• #1517 September, 2019, 04:45 pm.

@FlameWatch204, @Dogoutlaw's advice is spot on! Let me know if this works for you!

• WandInABoxWandInABox Posts: 1
    edited September 19 #1619 September, 2019, 09:24 pm.

I changed devices and it’s only giving me the option to create a new account. What do I do please.

Nevermind. I inputted the info and it brought up my old account, didn’t create new one. Thanks anyway

• TNCandie2TNCandie2 Posts: 3
    #1720 September, 2019, 01:48 am.

Having the same problem, and I created a second account with the same sign-in method (Google), and now when I go to sign in, it always defaults to the second account. How do I switch back to the original??

• ThestralsSeeMe2ThestralsSeeMe2 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #1823 September, 2019, 10:16 pm.

The app won't let me sign in. I enter birth date and select my Google account then it looks like it's working only to tell me "an error has occurred with your wireless network. Please try again". With an option to "report this error" (which I have 3 times) and "restart". This had been going on for weeks now. I've uninstalled and re-installed several times. I've logged out if my Google account & followed all of the suggestions they give. Still nothing works.

• TNCandie2TNCandie2 Posts: 3
    #1924 September, 2019, 12:13 am.

Any mods, please see above comment, my original account username is TNCANDIE, but I can't get back in under that account. Every time I try to sign in with gmail it defaults to the new account (this username) - I am going to give up playing if I have to start all over. :-( Please help!

• PatoBanditoPatoBandito Posts: 1
    #2025 September, 2019, 04:03 am.

I am having the same issue. Game starts to load, then asks for birthdate. Then It asks to log in with Google or Facebook. No matter which I choose, it sits for a few minutes on a screen with the game logo but no loading bar, then reverts back to asking to log in with either Google or Facebook. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game twice. Please help.

• CccstCccst Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #2126 September, 2019, 08:00 pm.

I am having log in issues as well. I tried to log in a few days ago, and it asked if I wanted to log in with Facebook or Google. As I didn't have either log in info handy, I thought I'd try it later. When I try to open the game now, it only gives me a registration form. As the form is loading, it looks like the game is going on in the background, but I can't access it. I don't want to re-register and start all over again, as I was almost at level 22. Several discussions say to go to the suitcase and click settings, but I can't get to my suitcase, as I'm not in the game. I'm afraid to uninstall & reinstall, as I might lose my progress. Please, please help. I'm trying to organize a gaming group for teens in my community, and it doesn't help if I can't get into the game. Thank you.😔

#2226 September, 2019, 08:17 pm.

@Cccst your game (meaning your progress) is not stored on your phone. It's located on another server. You are safe to uninstall and reinstall. I've done it myself. When you reinstall, try logging in again using the original method you used to set up your account. Please let us know how that goes.

#2327 September, 2019, 06:51 pm.

I don't recall exact method I used to set up my account. I know my code name and friend code number and birthday. Is there anyway to find out the original method? Thanks.

#2427 September, 2019, 08:46 pm.

@Cccst well, I think you can email support and ask. Beyond that, since I log in using FB, I know what that looks like. If you try FB first, and get a screen like below, notice it says you previously logged in ... with Facebook. That’s how I know that was my original method. If it doesn’t say that, hit cancel and try google instead.

#2527 September, 2019, 10:16 pm.

Thank you.

• MorsmordreSBMorsmordreSB Posts: 1
    #2605 October, 2019, 09:23 am.

Wife, user Deatheater1126, has tried logging in from every freaking gmail and FB account she has. No luck. Why can’t they just have a userid/password combo like every other farm

• Wickens1989Wickens1989 Posts: 1
    #2705 October, 2019, 11:04 am.

Hi, I’m having the same issue as people above. When I sign in with google with the only account I have, it wants me to create a new name. I don’t have Facebook and I don’t have another google account so not sure why this has happened. I tried signing out and back in, no luck. Really frustrated, I don’t want to have lost my progress and have to start again.

• AntrageousAntrageous Posts: 5
    #2812 October, 2019, 01:57 pm.

Here we go again, having the same issue and you come here for help and what do you get? No help, I suppose it's nice to see I am not the only one they ignore.

• QuetinQuetin Posts: 1
    #2913 October, 2019, 05:47 pm.

Went to log in and now it wants my birthday .enter info .tried to log in and kicked out with out help ..this Is now the 12 time today ?????????

• CDorianCDorian Posts: 1
    #3013 October, 2019, 09:42 pm.

Right there with you all. Was fine earlier today, but have been locked out since about 2:00 EST. (Ohio)

• ahufunahufun Posts: 1
    #3114 October, 2019, 08:02 pm.

Same issue here since today (Google accounts). Something must be completely broken at Niantic.