Save the Leaping Toadstool!

Fraoch19Fraoch19 Posts: 4 ✭✭
edited September 7 in Potions #1 latest comment 15 September, 2019, 09:39 am.

Thanks to increased use of Baruffio's Brain Elixir, climate change, Brexit, the end of summer holiday/vacation, and Hillary Clinton's emails, the Leaping Toadstool has become endangered in the wild! Reports from around the world state that finding the already-rare fungus is even more difficult than ever!

How can you help save this crucial potion ingredient? By planting it in available greenhouses! Is it already growing there? Add a couple of spell energy to help increase the yield!

By doing YOUR part, we can save the Leaping Toadstool! 🍄🍄🍄

😁

Comments

• AcumenAcumen Posts: 466 ✭✭✭✭
    #207 September, 2019, 09:19 pm.

Thank you for your service. 😁

• SaiDaxSaiDax Posts: 55 ✭✭
    #408 September, 2019, 03:18 am.

I will do my part tonight and plants some in the nearby greenhouses around my area. I always donate to greenhouse when I am out, its good to help.

• SaiDaxSaiDax Posts: 55 ✭✭
    #608 September, 2019, 03:39 am.

I have a few which I can see from my home and some that I can. But I know where they are since I walk there frequently. I place a timer for them and have Siri remind me when 15-20 mins before so I can either walk or drive there.

No if its something I really need I am there 50 minutes ahead. I have showed up to a spot and two cars where there waiting for my Leaping Toadstool. I know this because the restaurant is being remodeled and is not open. The Green Inn and Greenhouse are still functioning.

So I shared what yielded with them out of kindness. However, I am watchful of what I plant and keep track.Its hard work but it can be done.

• HerMayreeHerMayree Posts: 55 ✭✭
    #708 September, 2019, 01:06 pm.

I ALWAYS set timers to remind me to go!!!

• HypnoTravelerHypnoTraveler Posts: 67 ✭✭
    #808 September, 2019, 02:31 pm.

I just don’t forget those endangered Leaping Toadstools. They receive plenty of energy and care to thrive and multiply.

• RussellFaradayRussellFaraday Posts: 5 ✭✭
    #908 September, 2019, 05:04 pm.

I plant them along my commute route. Gives me a pretentious of 4 days of harvesting.

• DrPantsDrPants Posts: 10 ✭✭
    #1009 September, 2019, 12:03 am.

Nah I'm planting wormwood. 😆

• UnassignedSeatUnassignedSeat Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #1109 September, 2019, 02:37 am.

Xp is overrated

• TempletonFeyTempletonFey Posts: 9 ✭✭
    #1209 September, 2019, 06:29 am.

@SaiDax There is no need for you to leave toadstools on the map for others to pick up. There is no need to worry others will pick up what you planted leaving you without. Everyone within the area of a greenhouse when it is time to harvest gets the same amount of the ingredient available to them. You just need to make it back to the area of the greenhouse. At the right time.

• JulieJubzJulieJubz Posts: 307 ✭✭✭
    #1309 September, 2019, 05:47 pm.

This is so adorable, please post more like this so I can giggle uncontrollably at how adorable it is.

I will say that, the day before yesterday, I don't know WHO did it, but all 5 green houses around me ONLY had toadstool growing! And I was (jokingly) mad at my group for planting it, because we usually spend at least 3 hours at the park together, and we usually take turns planting stuff during the hour. So I was teasing everyone and going "you guuuuuuuuuuuuuys, noooo who did this?" and one of them was like "whoops".

• NotATestNotATest Posts: 4 ✭✭
    #1409 September, 2019, 08:09 pm.

• NotATestNotATest Posts: 4 ✭✭
    #1509 September, 2019, 08:46 pm.

Minervina19: I agree wholeheartedly! When I was having a helluva time finding Toadstools, I started planting them all over my local downtown area but finding out they would take 24 hours to pop was pretty disheartening. Luckily, I was able to harvest a couple times, just happening to be downtown again the next day around the same time - I had even forgotten one time and freaked out when I saw toadstools on the map around the greenhouse before realizing, oh yeah I did that! Lawl. But because I overcompensated, I've now hoarded far too many of them and actually had to cull just a few - one of the hardest choices to make, honestly, but my ingredients vault seems to always be full (or too close to full for my liking). I did this same thing around the time I first started playing - but with Re'em blood. I can't stand having my cauldron sitting idle and I'm one of those gamer types who holds on to items waiting for some hypothetical "perfect moment" to use them, so knowing I didn't have a reliable source of Re'em blood turned my current cache of Exstimulo potions into The Untouchables. (Which only served to amplify the pain and impotent rage of using a prized Potent Exstimulo on a rare Foundable, then watching helplessly as it pulled a "Wicked Depahted" after just one measly cast.)

Honestly, my biggest bugbear (in regards to ingredients) has to be the ingredients restricted almost entirely to Portkey Portmanteaus. I'm not able to "cook" Portkey Portmanteaus quickly or often and that's very limiting in this game. Pokémon Go restricts some Pokémon to eggs but that doesn't really affect you in other parts of the game, whereas potions in WU are a big part of gameplay - and it doesn't help that it's luck of the draw when it comes to which ingredients you'll get out of a Portkey Portmanteau. You might get the Unicorn Hair, Hermit Crab Shells and/or the newly-added Erumpent Horn (which I've yet to come across despite the many Portkey Portmanteaus I was able to unlock thanks to this recent half-distance bonus). So that seems like a pretty unnecessarily painful limitation, when those ingredients could also serve as rewards from Wizarding Challenges or random Foundable return drops and still be properly rare.

• ShulkmanShulkman Posts: 1
    #1609 September, 2019, 09:34 pm.

It's pretty hard for me to plant toadstools much less put in 50 spell energy when I cant get anything other that Tabasco. That's its. 3 shots. Over and over. I have 105 spell energy slots, bit nothing to fill it. I am in a rural area. But god, get rid of the 3 shots. Make it 6 at least. This is ridiculous.

• Minervina19Minervina19 Posts: 16 ✭✭
    #1710 September, 2019, 02:25 am.

I just need to report that after seeing that all of you set timers/alarms to harvest, I finally did it! I planted toadstools and went out this evening and harvested my crop! wow, you really need to use quite a bit of energy per toadstool. I ended up with 3. Very exited, so much so, that I planted again for tomorrow.

Thanks for all of the tips :)

• JulieJubzJulieJubz Posts: 307 ✭✭✭
    #1911 September, 2019, 02:28 am.

@Owlx doing the wizarding world a great service!

• DigitalisDigitalis Posts: 155 ✭✭✭
    #2012 September, 2019, 08:02 pm.

leaping toadstool is actually one of the things i never plant. we only have one greenhouse in town and it locks it up for a full 24 hours.

i dont often use the greenhouse, though that may soon change with the weather being not as hot (it is a long walk down a really hot street with no shade to get to) - but when i do its usually snowdrop or bitterroot.

my cauldron runs around the clock on exstimulo potions, and now with the trace tonic if i can come across erumpent horns will toss it in the mix when possible.

i bet planting mushrooms is super helpful in towns/cities with more then one greenhouse though.

• ImaginatioImaginatio Posts: 11
    #2113 September, 2019, 07:50 pm.

I love this thread. Poor Leaping Toadstool. I’m sure there has been an increase in the Leaping Toadstool being planted by witches and wizards after this matter has come to their attention.

With regards to the 50 spell energy situation, I usually plant it with little to no energy. If I’m around the the next day at the same spot around the right time, I contribute some spell energy before the 24 hours are complete as I know I will be able to collect the toadstool once it has grown. This could be a few minutes before it’s time or an hour or two before, if I know I’ll be around.

• MorriganGealachMorriganGealach Posts: 1
    #2214 September, 2019, 05:21 pm.

No matter how much I contribute I have only ever gotten 1 or no toadstools in return.

#2314 September, 2019, 11:27 pm.

Sometimes it does take a minute or two from when the time is up for all the toadstools to show. Plus they do not all appear in the same spot so you may need to walk around the greenhouse and some may also appear slightly further than others. If that doesn’t work or you can’t walk around as the greenhouse is in a weird area, try turning the app off and restarting it after a few minutes. I had to do that once, I closed the app and waited a few minutes before going on it and saw the rest of the toadstools on the map. Hopefully this will work. Good luck.

• Osprey1Osprey1 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭✭
    #2415 September, 2019, 04:03 am.
    #2515 September, 2019, 04:52 am.

Oh no. That’s very unfortunate. What I also find curious is how you ended up with 55 more ingredients then your limit; it does not help in such a situation though. But hopefully next time you will have a lot of space and come across more than one Leaping Toadstool. 😊

• Osprey1Osprey1 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭✭
    #2615 September, 2019, 05:23 am.

Portkeys

#2715 September, 2019, 06:09 am.

Oh right, that makes sense. I’m guessing you opened them one after the other? It did seem to be the case that the ingredient limit isn’t recognised if you open them one after the other and not leave the portkey section, but I wasn’t certain.

• AuroraKadavraAuroraKadavra Posts: 297 ✭✭✭
    #2815 September, 2019, 09:39 am.

Love this thread 😂😂

I plant toadstools every day as i brew at least 1 baruffio a day. So im doing my part to save the species.

Can we also give a call out here to also save the critically endangered dragon claw!! Ever since the new tonic launched- my portkey rewards have been terrible!! Always open them each day with baruffio going & was alqays getting at least 1 powdered dragon claw to keep me going, & planted my toadstools so sorted! But noooo- now- no dragon claw, no erumpent horn except for 1 i finally got last night- the 15th portkey id unlocked since new portmanteaus after launch! Im getting tiny if any xp & the common ingredients like newt spleen & snowdrops etc- seriously!!? Is it just my bad luck or have others noticed a severe decline in worthwhile portkey rewards lately?

My alarm is set an hour from now to go get my toadstools. I've only ever seen them once on the map. I think maybe it's me- cossy hubby & daughter just said they've picked up erumpent horn and hermit shell on the map- I'm not sure if to believe them! Lol