Game Update: New Tonic for Trace Detection and More!

2»

Comments

• HerMayreeHerMayree Posts: 55 ✭✭
    #3207 September, 2019, 02:23 pm.

Is it a specific portkey that gives the horns? I have used 16 and no horns thus far!!!

• SaffronBaySaffronBay Posts: 7 ✭✭
    #3307 September, 2019, 02:39 pm.

same here on limited time to collect pkg. it said like 18hrs last night & now down to 6 hrs or so

• TitianiumTitianium Posts: 9 ✭✭
    #3407 September, 2019, 04:24 pm.

I’m having the same problems trying to the horn fro port keys.. I used 8 so far (2k,5kand 10k) still not horn... hopefully I can find some in the local streets.

• PamdmPamdm Posts: 24 ✭✭
    #3507 September, 2019, 04:51 pm.

I got one horn from 8 portkeys. The potion is not that impressive. Replacing the brain elixir worth 100 coins with this one worth 60 and not that useful is definitely a nerf!

• #3607 September, 2019, 09:33 pm.

@CVRLuna Welcome!!! Happy to have you here :)

@AuroraKadavra Sorry about the tough week! I'm glad that this has been helping out; I'm always happy to see your input here on the community! You give great advice!!

Today was so fun, wasn't it!? I went out for lunch and decided to play there, opened the game and there were FOUR dragons nearby! The waiter brought me my burger but I was too busy battling dragons to notice 😂

• Mibister88Mibister88 Posts: 7 ✭✭
    #3707 September, 2019, 09:57 pm.

@HPWULOLA I was not so lucky.. I noticed that dragon's are in rampage, just ½ hour before the end of the event. Welsh green remained just one fragment away from my scrapbook.

Any idea is those coming back..? I'm miserable about my luck, tough I should not be.. I have been always unlucky 😆😅

Hope you others had better luck and fun with dragon's. 😊

• RealDJRexRealDJRex Posts: 3
    #3808 September, 2019, 06:49 am.

The new potion appeared to me without having to update the game to the latest version, and the only thing that brings the latest update are: General bug fixes and Android Q Compatibility.

I had more than 600Mb free and was not letting me download the 41Mb update, but I was finally able to update after leaving 800Mb free. I find it exaggerated have to have so much memory available for such a "small" download.

• Neo5Neo5 Posts: 4 ✭✭
    #3908 September, 2019, 08:52 am.

This was a great event. I woke up 2hours early to participate before I headed into work. I'm totally exhausted on this 12hr shift but I have no regrets. One question . Will the new Tonic create more spawns around my house?

• JulieJubzJulieJubz Posts: 307 ✭✭✭
    #4009 September, 2019, 05:02 pm.

Welcome @CVRLuna 😃

• Dewin99Dewin99 Posts: 16 ✭✭
    #4109 September, 2019, 08:45 pm.

Has anyone used the Trace Tonic at night yet? If so, were there more oddities around such as vampires?

It’s coming up to the full moon soon and was wondering how to maximise my chances of getting the Werewolf tufts.

• Overflow4487Overflow4487 Posts: 372 ✭✭✭✭
    #4210 September, 2019, 01:50 am.

@Dewin99 So far, all the reports I have seen have said it doesn’t seem to spawn any oddities (except dragons on Dragon Day. Those were spawning). If you see oddities spawn from the potion please let me know. 😆

• SpondeeSpondee Posts: 14 ✭✭
    #4310 September, 2019, 02:48 am.

I'm glad a new potion was added and I'm excited to try it out. However, the ingredient pricing is off. Each Trace Tonic is worth 60 coins in Diagon Alley, but each Erumpent Horn is worth 30 coins (2 per Trace Tonic). So you can have all other ingredients, but if you don't have the Horns it's the same amount of money just to buy the potion and not have to gather other ingredients, take 7 hours to brew it, etc. Erumpent Horns should definitely be worth less.

• annanuannanu Posts: 6 ✭✭
    #4410 September, 2019, 09:05 am.

@HPWULOLA Isn't it a mistake that Erumpent Horn cost 30 coins each? ? Might as well just buy the tonic for 60 coins without having to wait 7 hours.

• Nutmeg0521Nutmeg0521 Posts: 1
    #4510 September, 2019, 02:24 pm.

Why are the erumpent horns so hard to get? I know they are only in Portkeys, but I've opened at least 15 since the new tonic came out and no erumpent horns.

#4710 September, 2019, 07:31 pm.

I've seen 1 erumpent horn in a portkey, I've seen a couple more as the occasional ingredient drop outside. I think it's supposed to be like hermit crab shells, we're not supposed to see them regularly in portkeys, but that's primarily where we'll see them when we do.

It would be nice to see more of them, and it wouldn't matter as much that they were rare if it was the same price as a hermit crab shell (I believe 6 coins).

#4810 September, 2019, 07:41 pm.

@AuroraKadavra I love the idea of using these for Doxies! I'm not a morning person and barely got enough for the challenge. I'd love to be able to collect the rest of the fragments needed to Prestige the page.

#4910 September, 2019, 08:19 pm.

I walked for around an hour this evening (dusk/night) and managed to find one erumpent horn, three baneberry and two angel’s trumpets. Much more than what I usually get during the day, so I’m wondering if they’re time dependent. More research required methinks.

Also got my first philosophers stone so was chuffed to bits!

• ToksToks Posts: 2
    #5010 September, 2019, 10:58 pm.

Hello everyone!! New on here, but glad I found it, you all provide very good information.

Regarding the dragon event, it would be nice if it had lasted longer than a few hours on one day. I saw a lot of them but couldn’t get them because I was working. So bummed out missed it.

Here’s my code if anyone wants to add me:

5092 9716 1420

thanks!

• Overflow4487Overflow4487 Posts: 372 ✭✭✭✭
    #5112 September, 2019, 01:36 am.

@AuroraKadavra It seems to grab a spawn every 3 minutes. Glad to see oddities are coming from it. Love your idea about the doxies. I have very few spawns at my house, so I totally can see me using this for those long evenings at home so I can keep playing in a “dead zone” 😆

• AuroraKadavraAuroraKadavra Posts: 297 ✭✭✭
    #5212 September, 2019, 01:46 am.

@Overflow4487 glad it helped. I did try it at dawn this morn - i mean yesterday morn sorry, it's now 2.40am. And once again got at least 15 of more traces showed, with 2 oddities an Erkling & leprechaun.

No doxy tho, but hearing how rare they are I suppose thats just the way it goes. I hax spare Baruffio so set that off too & i did get a few yellow beam confoundables so it was worth it 😊

#5312 September, 2019, 04:32 pm.

I've tried the Tonic twice now and got exactly 10 Foundables each time (about a Foundable every 3 minutes). It was a fun way to be able to play from home since I rarely get Traces here, but since the price is steep I probably will use these if I have them, but won't go out of my way to buy them or buy their ingredients to brew them. It's like a Dark Detector that works from home.

#5412 September, 2019, 05:32 pm.

I see that @WerewolfChaser has started spotting werewolves recently (werewolves thread - sorry, don’t know how to link the thread). Will try the Trace later on and report back tonight.

#5512 September, 2019, 06:02 pm.

Hmm. It’s still coming up as a waxing gibbous moon as opposed to a full moon with me in Wales. I’ll try it anyway and see how I get on.

#5612 September, 2019, 08:12 pm.

Just walked 1.4km in 30 minutes with Trace + Baruffio. 10 werewolves & 2 pixies along with a few portraits.

It seems to be working brilliantly. Unsure as to what the difference the Trace potion makes, but I’d strongly advise others to follow suit.

Happy hunting!

• DigitalisDigitalis Posts: 155 ✭✭✭
    #5712 September, 2019, 08:22 pm.

@Dewin99 excited to hear that you both found werewolves and the trace tonic helped you to do so, thanks for checking in!!

#5812 September, 2019, 08:48 pm.

Return journey, no Trace nor Baruffio: 5 werewolves, 3 pixies and 1 vampire. It might be a bit premature but I’d say it’s definitely worth using the Trace potion for hunting werewolves. Hope this helps.

• HerrMuggleHerrMuggle Posts: 10
    #5915 September, 2019, 05:34 am.

I find these to be good improvements to the game. Since the release for Trace Dection I’ve used the tonic two times and noticed it’s definitely bringing out more traces.

Also, more options to collect spell energy is always better.

Keep up the good work Niantic :-)