Landmarks

AcumenAcumen Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭✭✭
in Tips & Tricks #1 latest comment 18 February, 2020, 09:05 am.

Another community member, @Lucoire, has written a more comprehensive post to explain the mechanics behind all the different locations you'll spot on the map. You'll find that here:

This post will focus specifically on Areas of Interest (AOI), known in HPWU as landmarks.

For players who aren't already aware, landmarks are visible on the map as flags. If you stumble upon a Hogwarts School flag, Foundables from that family will spawn more frequently in that area. There's no official guide, or at least none that I'm aware of, but players have done a pretty good job at identifying where you're most likely to find each landmark based on observation alone. Here's a graphic you can save for reference. You might find a couple specific landmarks outside of the usual locations described here, but it's been accurate in my experience.

Another great resource to help you find all the landmarks, fortresses, greenhouses, and inns in your area is the WU World Map. There are a couple live maps out there, but I like the one hosted by GamersGuide best. You can filter by location type and even set timers on greenhouses where you've planted ingredients. It's updated by players, so it may not be entirely accurate for your area. However, you can log in and add new locations to the map or edit existing locations which have yet to be properly identified by type.

If you have questions about landmarks or other locations, feel free to tag me in the comments. I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed, so I may not have the answers you seek, but I can probably get you pointed in the right direction. 😁

Good luck out there!

Comments

• ZookiTabookiZookiTabooki Posts: 637 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #205 September, 2019, 08:56 pm.

@Acumen Your contributions are invaluable. Glad you're here among us Wizards.

• hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 946 admin
    #306 September, 2019, 01:01 am.

This is great content! Thank you @Acumen!!

• DigitalisDigitalis Posts: 189 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2019 #406 September, 2019, 02:08 am.

kinda seemed like dark arts followed pharmacies, but most pharmacies have atms.

legends of hogwarts i always see at banks. sometimes when the only thing on the block is banks.

i have never seen a ministry of magic or wonders of the wizarding world flag. not that they dont exist, just have not come across any.

• Overflow4487Overflow4487 Posts: 390 ✭✭✭✭
    #506 September, 2019, 03:13 am.

@Digitalis I haven’t been able to spot a Ministry of Magic either. I drove all over the nearest major city around all the government building and not one was flagged...so I’m not sure where I could find that.

• LucoireLucoire Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #606 September, 2019, 10:39 am.

Sidenote to Landmarks:

In the Area corresponding to a Landmark of a specific family, you might find Foundables of other families too. It seems that "low"-rarity foundables in those places are always of the family of the Landmark, whereas "foreign" foundables seem to be at least of medium rarity.

So, if you're looking for more rare foundables, it might be better to go to a Landmark of a different family 😉

• AquaSaiRoseAquaSaiRose Posts: 124 ✭✭✭
    #706 September, 2019, 08:38 pm.

Just received my HPWU *OFFICIAL GAME GUIDE* today. Sorry to learn some secrets.

• GinnungagapGinnungagap Posts: 447 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019 #806 September, 2019, 09:02 pm.

@Lucoire The zones affect the spawns of inns with dark detectors. If you want severe and emergency foundables, use dark detectors on inns inside a zone. That helps you get those specific higher threat level foundables a whole lot quicker.

• LeFayeofAlbionLeFayeofAlbion Posts: 517 ✭✭✭✭
    #906 September, 2019, 09:10 pm.

Banks and post offices are dark arts hubs for some reason. I can’t tell why there is a mysterious objects landmark in this one particular location, other than the fact that it has tons of pharmacies?

I’ve been updating the gamers guide map of my area as best as I could.

• JulieJubzJulieJubz Posts: 640 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1006 September, 2019, 09:25 pm.

@SaiDax oh woah, that's amazing! I had no idea it existed. Let us know if there's any super secret cool stuff in there :D

• AcumenAcumen Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1106 September, 2019, 09:55 pm.

@LeFayeofAlbion, that was one of the elements of the game that immediately made sense to me, the fact that all the dark arts landmarks in my city can be found at banks or ATMs. Still makes me smile.

• LeFayeofAlbionLeFayeofAlbion Posts: 517 ✭✭✭✭
    #1207 September, 2019, 12:09 am.

@Acumen but why banks though? How are they dark arts hubs? Everything else makes sense apart from dark arts to me.

• AquaSaiRoseAquaSaiRose Posts: 124 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2019 #1307 September, 2019, 01:59 am.

Please forgive my typo early this afternoon when I posted the photo of my book.

I meant to say "So Ready to Learn some Secrets", but of course the iPhone auto-corrects when its wants. lol 😂

I will definitely pass on any cool stuff I come across.

• AcumenAcumen Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1407 September, 2019, 04:02 am.

@LeFayeofAlbion, money is the root of all evil.

• CytopeAchenCytopeAchen Posts: 354 ✭✭✭✭
    #1507 September, 2019, 01:36 pm.

@Digitalis found some Wonders zones today. I knew I had seen them in my area but couldn't recall where. They were on a road primarily used for walking and in the area of family ran restaurants and shops (no franchises). Not sure if this makes a difference but maybe it'll help us find a trend!

Bottom right and middle right.

• JosieBellerJosieBeller Posts: 5 ✭✭
    #1607 September, 2019, 09:25 pm.

@Acumen, the actual quote is, "Love of money is the root of all evil." 1 Timothy 6:10

@SaiDax, where can we get a copy of that?

• HermionePerksHermionePerks Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #1718 February, 2020, 09:05 am.

So interesting thanks and the vet up the road explains why I live in a Magizoology area, I had wondered!