Forum Fun: Caption the GIF

Osprey1Osprey1 Posts: 600 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 2019 in Tips & Tricks #1 latest comment 25 October, 2019, 08:36 pm.

It's Labor Day here in the U.S. and I'm supposed to be writing lesson plans, instead, here is a fun GIF for you to caption. (Surely I'm not the only one who's noticed this....)

@HPWULOLA Please let me know if you want me to knock off forum fun, preferably before I get banned. 😉 Ideally a separate topic might be nice. PS. Hope they're giving you some time off after the fest and for the holiday.

Post edited by hpwulola on

Comments

• Osprey1Osprey1 Posts: 600 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #202 September, 2019, 06:48 pm.

Okay, I'll start then:

The Quibbler reports, "The Calamity has uncovered an unregistered animagus working as a ministry official."

• LeFayeofAlbionLeFayeofAlbion Posts: 515 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019 #302 September, 2019, 07:27 pm.

Spectrepecs: helps you see the hats that hippogriffs wear

• JulieJubzJulieJubz Posts: 640 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019 #402 September, 2019, 09:29 pm.

Love it @LeFayeofAlbion

Ok... mine isn't so much a caption (sorry), but just playing with a certain commercial that I thought would be funny in this context. Ahem...

-----

Hello Ladies, look at the ministry official, now look at the hippogriff! Now back at the ministry official, now back to the hippogriff!

Sadly, he isn't the hippogriff, but if he stops using muggle scented body wash and switched to Old Granian, he could smell like he's a Hippogriff.

Look down, back up, you're flying through the skies with the hippogriff the ministry official could smell like. What's in your hand? Back at the hippgriff, he has two tickets to the next WU event. Look again, the tickets are now game gold.

Anything is possible when a ministry official smells like hippogriff and not like a muggle.

-----

Tadaaaa... I'll see myself out now. I'm really bad at jokes and I have no idea why I thought of the Old Spice commercial 😅

• AuroraKadavraAuroraKadavra Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #503 September, 2019, 02:53 pm.

Lol @Osprey1 this is priceless!! Love it!! And @JulieJubz round of applause- take a bow!!! But don't call us, we'll call you! 😂😂

Ok- mine are really lame but it's how my brain works so I'm gonna be honest & put the first things that came into my inimitable head! :

Is it a bird? ...is it a swirl....NO....it's SuperHat Man 🙈🤦🏼‍♀️🤪

Then you've to imagine this as lyrics in a song like the Cha Cha Slide thing with slide to the left, slide to the right, take it back y'all...etc

Fly high like a bird......bow low like a man, crisscross......😂😂

......eh!? Do u see what i did there with the threat levels!!? ....classic! 😂🤪😂🙈

Oh dear.....I'll get my coat....

edited September 2019 #603 September, 2019, 05:56 pm.

@AuroraKadavra OMG hahahahahah, amazing 🤣

Also I know mine was super lame but I had fun with it and that's what counts? 🤣

• Overflow4487Overflow4487 Posts: 390 ✭✭✭✭
    #703 September, 2019, 08:30 pm.

An old black and white news reel:

“Watch in terror as the hippogriff chases after the ministry official”

30 MINUTES LATER

”His claw is beginning to thaw, this is going to be a chase for the AGES”

🤷‍♂️

• Herm10neG92Herm10neG92 Posts: 194 ✭✭✭
    #803 September, 2019, 08:33 pm.

@Osprey1 For some reason this makes me think of those 90s Animorphs books 😅 I can’t unsee it.

• AuroraKadavraAuroraKadavra Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #904 September, 2019, 02:08 am.

@juliejubz yours is definitely the most inventive! 👏 & yes its the fun that counts 😂

@Overflow4487 i can hear the commentary on that like one of the sports round ups! 😂...stll sat there an hour later waiting for ice to thaw a bit 😂 👏

edited September 2019 #1004 September, 2019, 03:04 pm.

@Overflow4487 Oh man, I can totally hear it in my head and I love it. (the announcer voice I mean, like an actual nature documentary)

• hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 876 admin
    #1104 September, 2019, 05:24 pm.

I love it!

Let's start adding the tag 'Community Games' to these posts. In the future, if we do more reorganization, it will be great to quickly find these posts if we choose to make a new category for them!

• BormacskaBormacska Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1310 September, 2019, 04:47 am.

Both of them remind me of the moves for Michael Jackson's Thriller. 🤪.

• OwlxOwlx Posts: 896 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2019 #1424 October, 2019, 02:07 pm.

Introducing -

H. Ippolit Griffin Head of the Animagi Registrion Office

And just for fun H is for Hieronymus. After an ancestor ( on his mother's side), who invented the Time Turner. Sadly Hieronymus went mad from messing with time. He spent the remainder of this life, as painter in the muggle world, successfully hiding from Ministry Officals.

Post edited by Owlx on