Update for Saturday Fan Festival Early Access Ticketholders

HPWUcaseyHPWUcasey Posts: 95 admin
in Harry Potter: Wizards Unite Fan Festival #1 latest comment 05 September, 2019, 09:19 pm.

Thank you for your patience as we worked to open the event as soon as possible. We understand that many of you were excited to start playing at 9 am and we especially appreciate your understanding. 

Even in light of these circumstances beyond our control, we’re committed to ensuring that everyone has an amazing event experience and we’ll have more details to share soon. 

Comments

• ThebdotteThebdotte Posts: 1
    #201 September, 2019, 12:27 am.

So are we not getting anything extra for buying early entry?

• DementonatorDementonator Posts: 2
    #301 September, 2019, 02:57 am.

How about letting us keep playing for a couple of hours on Sunday morning?

• ZookiTabookiZookiTabooki Posts: 477 ✭✭✭✭
    #401 September, 2019, 10:20 am.

@Thebdotte Hang tight. Back in 2017 I was in Chicago for the first Pokemon Go Fanfest and although we had a great time, it was a bit of a disaster. Niantic was very generous in various ways to make up for the hiccups, or what I call growing pains. I would expect more of the same but be aware, it didn't happen overnight. Give them a chance, imho they are as solid as they come and though no one can please everyone, Niantic has a history of looking after their players.

• celpowercelpower Posts: 3
    #501 September, 2019, 12:10 pm.

Any information yet about the early access ticket holders for Saturday?

• DoubleJ169DoubleJ169 Posts: 1 ✭✭
    #601 September, 2019, 12:19 pm.

On the other post you stated an announcement was coming soon for early bird ticket holders. Then it wasn't mentioned again in any post anywhere. An update on this sooner rather than later would be very much appreciated, thanks.

• BoognisherBoognisher Posts: 4
    #701 September, 2019, 02:16 pm.

@HPWUMicah Thanks for not forgetting about us! Looking forward to your update when it is approved.

• Overflow4487Overflow4487 Posts: 387 ✭✭✭✭
    #801 September, 2019, 03:13 pm.

I wasn’t in these forums during the day because I was so busy, but I will admit it was a bit of a let-down to walk around that entire hour from 9:00-10:00 not seeing anything.

However, the event was just so awesome I quickly got over it. I appreciate the extra hour we were given at the end of the day to make up the time that was missed.

#902 September, 2019, 03:23 am.

Still waiting to hear about early access for Saturday made up game play

• Anak1n1Anak1n1 Posts: 14 ✭✭
    #1002 September, 2019, 05:25 pm.

How come my friend who didn't do all quests is seeing all dragons today and no one else is??? I'm very frustrated. Thank you!!!

• AcumenAcumen Posts: 666 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1102 September, 2019, 05:35 pm.

I don't think your friend is seeing dragons today, @Anak1n1. Nobody will see dragons until September 7.

• Osprey1Osprey1 Posts: 558 ✭✭✭✭
    #1202 September, 2019, 05:37 pm.

Yes, they specifically mentioned that people who didn't complete the fan fest events would be able to complete them.

• Anak1n1Anak1n1 Posts: 14 ✭✭
    #1303 September, 2019, 02:16 am.

Can you let us know why those who didn't finish event still get dragons and eggs??? Seem unlimited but if we finished event we don't get and aren't able to finish pages??? This doesnt seem fair and seems those didn't finish are rewarded and we are not. A fix for this?? I'd like finish my pages too. I'm very frustrated. Also.is rediculous get them all when weren't all released very fast Saturday either. Thank you!!

• JulieJubzJulieJubz Posts: 534 ✭✭✭✭
    #1403 September, 2019, 02:39 am.

@Anak1n1 where are you from? Mind telling us what language you speak? Right now there seems to be a little confusion in what you're asking.

Let's take it one by one:

1st: if your friend still has portkeys, perhaps that is why they are still getting dragon eggs? It's left over, but it doesn't count towards the actual event (which only lasted for two days).

2nd: there aren't actual dragons out yet.

3: if you didn't get enough portkeys to get dragon eggs from, they will come around again. We just don't know when. So you can relax.

4: All eggs were released during the weekend worldwide event. The dragons were only released during the event weekend event in the US. Were you at the event?

hopefully this helps even a little?

#1503 September, 2019, 04:16 am.

What @Anak1n1 is referring to is that people who did not complete the event in Indianapolis were allowed to continue to collect dragons even after they left. This was from the official blog and was always intentional.

@Anak1n1 is upset because he completed the assignment before he collected all the fragments while others intentionally left the assignment uncompleted so they could continue collecting fragments.

I'm not going to dive into what's fair. I'll leave that to smarter people.

• JulieJubzJulieJubz Posts: 534 ✭✭✭✭
    #1603 September, 2019, 07:32 pm.

@Osprey1 ah, alright! Thanks so much for explaining, I was confused before. I really hope proper help is given then.

#1704 September, 2019, 02:48 am.

Help will always be given at Hogwarts, @JulieJubz , to those who ask for it

#1805 September, 2019, 09:19 pm.

Will there be an announcement for early entry for Saturday? Thought something was being worked on but so far have not heard anything official.