Fan Festival Reaction

Overflow4487Overflow4487 Posts: 389 ✭✭✭✭
in Harry Potter: Wizards Unite Fan Festival #1 latest comment 04 September, 2019, 03:02 pm.

I was so completely amazed and happy with the Fan Fest yesterday. I didn’t update the boards or my social media accounts because I really wanted to enjoy the experience.

The start was a little rough. At 9:00 we were all expecting things to start appearing, and nothing did. All spawns were turned off in the event space so it was like sitting in a dead one. However, I spent the time looking at the real-life things they had around the park.

Once the event started, I loved the quest event that came with it. That second page had soooo many things to do, it was just insane. I had fun hanging out with @Siragaz and his awesome wife. We did some fortresses with random people in the park and were getting red books galore. Also, the dark detectors stayed on those inns all day! The fans were amazing and we loaded every single inn for the entire 10 hours. I filled out so many things on my registry that I have had trouble finding prior to this.

The last page of the event request was a little bit of a let down (for me) but the quests were awesome and the rewards were so great. We got tons of green books. I was able to go from Professor rank 10 to 12 during this event, and went from player level 27 to 30 during this weekend.

After I finished the quest, I was determined to prestige my dragon pages. So I was able to prestige to bronze, and then just shortly before the event ended I was able to prestige to silver. I am so excited for everyone else to experience these dragons. The animations are just awesome and they are beautiful.

I met so many people this weekend and despite traveling to the event alone, I spent so much time with others this weekend. This community is great, and I don’t think I will ever be able to experience anything as magical as this Fan Festival was.

Comments

• DogoutlawDogoutlaw Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #201 September, 2019, 03:43 pm.

Everything about this!❤️❤️❤️ I hope I’m able to catch a future event! I saw you ranked to 30 and was thinking wow, that’s a lot of xp in a day!! I’m so happy you were able to go and had fun! Enjoy those pretty portmanteaus today, and safe travels back home!

• Osprey1Osprey1 Posts: 576 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #301 September, 2019, 03:49 pm.
  • SekkongSekkong Posts: 2
    #401 September, 2019, 04:31 pm.

My wife (Sumwhisper) and I (sekkong) enjoyed meeting yall and getting a chance to hang out for a bit.

• HPWUMicahHPWUMicah Posts: 102 admin
    #501 September, 2019, 04:45 pm.

Thanks for the great feedback, we're so happy that you enjoyed the event!

• AcumenAcumen Posts: 817 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #601 September, 2019, 05:01 pm.

That’s so cool! All the bonuses! Regardless of any impact the weather may have had on the event, those bonuses alone would have made it all worth it! Glad you had a great time!

• BilbaleyBilbaley Posts: 6 ✭✭
    #701 September, 2019, 08:47 pm.

Thank you Niantic and WB. Drove from Wisconsin to Indy with my daughter just to play Wizards Unite. We had an AWSOME time. Did the whole 9 yards. Hotel, early access and even with the rain (we came prepared) had a great time. Love the game.

• RadicaldavRadicaldav Posts: 57 ✭✭
    #801 September, 2019, 09:28 pm.

I , my wife, and son agree with what a great event this was. Nothing but good things to say. So many high to severe beams we ignored yellow beams. And the inns gave at least 10 energy so we were at max all day. The AT&T gift included increasing energy storage by 10. Will go again if we can afford transportation.

• CraeftCraeft Posts: 997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1002 September, 2019, 02:40 am.

@Overflow4487 - That's awesome man! I so wish I could have gone if for no other reason than to meet some of the incredible people I've seen on the forums. Hopefully, I'll be able to hit the next one should it be nearby (Hey admins - Flint could use some economic love and something like this would be amazing for the community. Just... ya know... tossing it out there. ;) )

• JulieJubzJulieJubz Posts: 621 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1102 September, 2019, 11:54 am.

Soooooooooooooooooooooo jelly!!! I really hope future events like this are actually announced WAY in advance. As a foreigner, I'd love to go, but planning and saving up for it takes time 😢

But I swear I'm not trying to be a downer!! I a SO happy for everyone who went and had a wonderful time. This sounds so promising, so here's to the next ones!!

• OldDogHowlsOldDogHowls Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #1202 September, 2019, 12:39 pm.

What a WOW experience and a really great time on Sunday. So cool meeting and seeing all the people out and about. Staff and event team were top notch👍🏽 You handled the weather event well. Safety first as it should be and extending the time was a nice touch. I enjoyed the break areas and games they had. I would suggest the merchandise areas have more water bottles for sale. The only thing I would like to see improved is a better understanding clearing information on what it takes to see certain kinds of dragons. Being an area that everyone else was seeing a dragons and not knowing why was very confusing to me and I wasted a lot of time being in the wrong areas

• ZookiTabookiZookiTabooki Posts: 517 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1302 September, 2019, 03:33 pm.

@JulieJubz I was a little surprised about having a fanfest the first year, and so quick about it. Coming from Canada, I also need to plan these trips well in advance. We didn't have too much warning this time and from @Overflow4487 's description above, I really wish I had been there. It is what it is. Definitely going to be there next year! We should all get together for a group hug, or better yet some kind of cooperative triwizard tournament! Hmm... makes me wonder if the Niantician Gods ever intend to open up the other schools in game. Now that would be wicked.

• AquaSaiRoseAquaSaiRose Posts: 88 ✭✭✭
    #1402 September, 2019, 04:40 pm.

I'm so glad all that went had a blast. I too wish I could have gone. But I am going to get my broom ready for the next event for sure. I am so happy to have experienced it from a far with all the updates and post and pictures that were posted. I felt like I was there in spirit.

Hehehe!

Yes @ZookiTabooki The Niantician Gods I believe do have plans in store for us.

#1502 September, 2019, 05:53 pm.

@ZookiTabooki I was also REALLY surprised that they did a festival this early on. I mean two months into the game? They must all be gryffindors. Because that's some serious bravery right there, hahaha. But I'm glad they got the numbers, which means the likelihood of us getting more events is good. I just hope we get a lot of warning for the next ones for sure!

A triwizard tournament between the forum geeks!! Yessssss I love it!!

• DaybatDaybat Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #1602 September, 2019, 06:09 pm.

My husband and I drove from South Georgia to the event. Our first event of this type and it was spectacular! We would definitely participate in future WUFFs! Great location, no network issues, friendly faces and awesome rewards! 😊

• Overflow4487Overflow4487 Posts: 389 ✭✭✭✭
    #1802 September, 2019, 10:47 pm.

@Sekkong I really enjoyed meeting you and your wife and doing fortresses together with Fodder. I never saw you at the event, but I’m glad I did get the chance to meet you two. 😁

• RaLyGormsRaLyGorms Posts: 1 ✭✭
    #1902 September, 2019, 11:20 pm.

My sister and I went on Saturday. Other than the weather delaying our early access, we had so much fun!!! The environment decor was pretty awesome. I totally agree!!!

That last dragon, though... thank God someone started screaming dragon when it finally appeared or we might not have ever found it. Lol

Best part was meeting other players! We met people from across the country and even from Italy! We cannot wait for the next event!

• PurpleAC01PurpleAC01 Posts: 1 ✭✭
    #2003 September, 2019, 01:51 am.

I had an absolute blast at Fan Fest yesterday! It was lots of fun and the first time I ever got to do group fortress battles! Wonderful to meet so many folks as nerdy as me with Harry Potter.

• Overflow4487Overflow4487 Posts: 389 ✭✭✭✭
    #2103 September, 2019, 05:14 pm.

@RaLyGorms Last Dragon!?! What did I miss?

• LkiijLkiij Posts: 10 ✭✭
    #2203 September, 2019, 08:50 pm.

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them:

They were in Indianapolis, Indiana over Labor Day Weekend 2019.

Stunningly good.

A sidenote that wasn't publicized but had a very positive impact for my weekend:

What can attendees do when not at the actual event?

Simon Malls is a sponsor of the game. Turns out there's a Simon Malls property just a few blocks from the park--Circle Centre Mall.

In celebration of the Fan Festival, Niantic placed Dark Detectors on every sponsored inn at the Simon Malls in Indianapolis that didn't expire.

Can you imagine? The Fan Festival was all about foundables. The mall had sponsored fortresses with their Challenge XP bonus together with FIVE sponsored inns (that's right--1, 2, 3, 4, FIVE) inns with dark detectors that never despawned.

All reachable by sitting in Champps restaurant at Circle Centre mall.

Fan Festival during one weekend day. Circle Centre mall fortresses and five inns full of Dark Detectors for the rest of the time. The severe and emergency threats were popping like crazy during my time at the mall.

If there's a next time, please consider keeping the fortresses and inns going until the last restaurant closes, not the usual mall open/close times.

I will be attempting to attend every Wizards Unite Fan Fest from now on. I don't know a better recommendation than that.

Arzaine

• Osprey1Osprey1 Posts: 576 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #2404 September, 2019, 02:41 am.

Love the pics.

#2504 September, 2019, 03:02 pm.

@Overflow4487 omg they're amazing!! Still so jelly ❤️