Economy and wizards unite

Comments

• WerewolfChaserWerewolfChaser Posts: 539 ✭✭✭✭
    #3227 August, 2019, 08:01 am.

@Acumen Thanks for the offer of a couch.

I've heard that things are big in Texas. Perhaps they think big wallets needs big gold drops?

I'd need more than a few measly gold to justify the trip!

@LeFayeofAlbion Sorry t io hear you didn't get any gold drops either. It's not my theory, it's statistics that I've been recording.

My best was 3 gold in a day but I haven't had any gold drop since the last update. I think it's broken. All gold drops are going to @Acumen!

At least I know it's working properly for someone... sigh

@Acumen I agree wholeheartedly with @Herm10neG92 about posting a guide to embed photos. I'm not very tech savvy. Although I did just set up an Android TV box for my dad yesterday and I learnt how to download and sideload apps. Whoah it gave me a headache but I was so proud of myself afterwards.

• AuroraKadavraAuroraKadavra Posts: 965 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #3327 August, 2019, 11:01 am.

Om gosh @Herm10neG92 since last post- i saw McGonagall again but she fled, still got pics, i saw Grawp for first time this morning! And womping willow i got 1st cast again yesterday! Yes!!! Lol.

In one way though, i feel that perhaps seeing the pics b4 u see the confoundables for the first time yourself might be a bit of a spoiler? For instance i loved the McGonagall one, wasn't expecting that! But i have been post to Facebook and ive loved seeing others pics of things, so it really would b nice to have an idiots guide to sharing then we can click the link if we want to see 😀

Iv been loving the amount of high confoundables lately, @Acumen mentioned its the same for him, extra excited now for the event starting tonight 😀

#3427 August, 2019, 11:03 am.

Lol @Acumen somehow missed your post above! Now that's just showing off!! 😂😂

#3527 August, 2019, 11:13 am.

Oooh wait....i forgot to say- yesterday after i got thecwomping willow i then got 3 of the horned serpent oddities in a row to place that one in registry now so went up 3 ranks there 😀 chuffed! Lol 2000xp in less than 5 mins!

#3627 August, 2019, 11:30 am.

Wait....ok ive realised id missed the whole start of this post- there was a page 1 lol.

So @Acumen are u saying u get about 250 gold a day rewards on top of the daily rewards for doing daily tasks? Or you mean in a month u got 250 ish on top of the daily tasks? Im obv being a bit dim with this....

But @LeFayeofAlbion im exactly like u and @WerewolfChaser in that ive had less than 10 coins dropped with a confoundable since the game started!! I thought they were just rare & counted self lucky when got one!! How come theres such a huge discrepancy!!? Luckily im in a position to have just about afforded the 3 x £4.99 ive spent at gringotts & a £1.99 i spent once. But i did feel guilty spending that much real money from the family pot on a game, and i wouldn't have had to if i were getting a drop like @Acumen and others on here have mentioned! Sooooo no fair!!! 😔

• AcumenAcumen Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #3727 August, 2019, 02:14 pm.

LoL, you crack me up @AuroraKadavra. Also, you've been staring down Level 30 for a while now and I suspect you'll reach it any day, so early congratulations if I don't see it when it happens!

No, my gold drops from Foundables amount to 1 or 2 per day, which I assumed was average or even low, but apparently not. I'm sure there are some days when I get none, but I haven't been keeping track. I definitely received 2 yesterday and the day before. The figures I mentioned on the first page were for an entire month. 🙂

• DogoutlawDogoutlaw Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #3827 August, 2019, 02:58 pm.

It seems like I had an increase in extra drops around the release of 2.2 or so. But didn’t really keep track. If I remember, I’ll try to do so today and the rest of the week. But I want to say it’s on par with @Acumen . DD’s are pretty rare, same with keys, but a get maybe 2-3 strong exstimulos and 2-3 galleons per day. That’s how it feels at least, so we’ll see after I pay attention more.

#3927 August, 2019, 03:16 pm.

Since the latest update I've earnt 6 Extulimo potions and 1 dark detector. Prior to the update I was getting gold each 231.83, Extulimo pots 107.0, silver keys and dark detectors both averaged 695.5

I would sometimes get 3 gold a day but since the update I've had none.

#4027 August, 2019, 03:30 pm.

Same here @Dogoutlaw. Silver keys are very rare for me to see. I don't think it's unusual to go a week or more without ever having one drop. I've received 5 over the last week though, which is just bananas. I want to hold on to them, along with the 3 we'll receive via daily treasure tomorrow. My plan is to one day have a full rack of 10k portmanteaus and use the keys on all of them at once. Opening them at the same time will be like Christmas! Dark Detectors are pretty uncommon for me too. I almost never use them though, so I currently have 33 in inventory.

I don't mind too much that spell books are so hard to come by, so I don't complain about it as much as some players. In my mind, there has to be at least one major hurdle like that, right? Still, if we began to see the occasional spell book drop with an emergency level threat on the map, I certainly wouldn't complain about it.

I asked @LeFayeofAlbion about player level and profession rank because I'm curious if that has anything to do with drop frequency. I just reached player level 36 last night and I'm still early into professor rank 11 at 123/800. Every 5 player levels (25, 30, 35, etc) earns you a slight buff on trace effective rates. I wonder if it impacts item drops, too? Maybe not. As stated before it's probably just a regional thing, the same way geography seems to impact oddities.

#4127 August, 2019, 03:44 pm.

@Acumen I don’t use DD’s often either. I currently have 42. I used enough to hit the bronze(?) achievement, use 10. Then not since. I have enough to hit the 50 mark for the next achievement, but don’t often hang out at an inn for half an hour. Maybe someday I’ll work on it.

I believe @WerewolfChaser is on par or above your level, so I don’t know that would explain it. And I’m currently at lvl 32, prof 10. Of course watch, now that I’m paying attention, I won’t get anything!😂

#4227 August, 2019, 03:45 pm.

I hope that turns around for you, @WerewolfChaser. It feels like I've had an increase across the board lately with elusive foundables spawning more frequently and more item drops. Hopefully it cycles around so we all get a taste of the good life, lol.

• LeFayeofAlbionLeFayeofAlbion Posts: 500 ✭✭✭✭
    #4327 August, 2019, 04:53 pm.

I don’t know whether to be more jealous of @Acumen or @AuroraKadavra ! Happy you are making the most out of the game ☺️ I got an strong ext drop on me today with the foundables, so that’s something?

Acumen, it seems I’m a WU baby compared to y’all. I’m only a lvl 25 Auror. And got to 25 just yesterday after my massive hunt that left me in need of a good massage! But I joined the game sometime in the second half of July, so I’m only just over a month in? I should probably cut myself a break, but I’m too much of a perfectionist to simply take my time 🙃

#4427 August, 2019, 05:05 pm.

I'm level 38, 13 auror, 6 in both professor and magizoology.

Maybe I've been taking all the dark detectors. I haven't used any yet and I have 88 in my bag. I've also got a stash (36) of silver keys.

I've returned 15,110 foundables and am exactly 12.41% to level 60.

I'm currently keeping a record of my formidable pixies. Two challenge levels so far.

I asked hubby his opinion if I should switch to professor for them. We thought it out and decided that would be a greater cost of energy as it would take longer to **** them. Then he came out with something that had me laughing. He said pixies weakness is I'm not sure how to put this without a warning. I guess number ones will do. He told me to do that to any pixies. :O

#4527 August, 2019, 05:08 pm.

Hmmm, I posted and I think it must have gone to moderation.

I tried very hard to not use any offensive lamguage. Cultural difference comes into play with that unfortunately.

#4627 August, 2019, 05:49 pm.

@Acumen you won't believe this. I just killed a vampire and got a gold.

I think the devs have flicked the switch back on!

#4727 August, 2019, 05:51 pm.

Shuweeet, @WerewolfChaser! I hope the luck continues!

• JulieJubzJulieJubz Posts: 640 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #4827 August, 2019, 07:16 pm.

@Acumen I think last Friday, I noticed a BUNCH of potion drops. I think I got 6 in a single day. But no idea why, since I always play in the exact same places. So I thought maybe it was like the full moon thing... once in a blue moon, we get more drops (because I also got about 5 single coins that day, I in awe, wish everyday was like that, haha)

#4927 August, 2019, 11:28 pm.

@WerewolfChaser holy moly your stats are staggering!

Im still stuck on the formidable pixies SOS task. I switched to professor (just the first lesson. Need scrolls for my Auror study) and got 3 more formidable pixies after a few battles. Cost me a ton of potions and spell energy though. It was frustrating to struggle through lower chambers where I’d have gotten by with a single hit as an Auror. (Yah for Dancing with Dummies!)

Got any tips for the newbie?

#5028 August, 2019, 02:48 am.

Well, no galleons today, but I did get a couple other items. I didn't return very many Foundables today, so I'm sure that has something to do with it. I did see Horned Serpents for the second time ever though! They're rare in my region. I see all the other Oddities in abundance, but Horned Serpents seem to only appear when the weather is right. On both occasions, it was much cooler than usual with light rain. I found 2 the first time and 3 this time. Not much, but it's a start. At least there's hope I'll be able to prestige that page eventually.

#5128 August, 2019, 05:05 am.

I received 3 coins and one silver key today. Haven’t calculated number of foundables, I’ll take a screenshot before going to bed and save to summarize later.

#5228 August, 2019, 07:35 am.

@LeFayeofAlbion I feel your pain. I'm finally on that quest so I share your pain.

My best advice for this event is take on all 5he event foundables. I'll often just ignore the rest. Family xp is much easier to obtain during this, and hopefully future events by only needing 40xp to level the family.

This also results in more runestones to grind those pesky little pixies. And a bucketful of scrolls if you need any.

#5328 August, 2019, 10:17 am.

@LeFayeofAlbion Another thing I just thought of. Many people say the opposite.

Don't underestimate the value of regular, yes regular extulimo potions.

I still brew a lot of them and I use them liberally. If it has a yellow beam or perhaps 5he event foundables I'll happily take one.

It doesn't take many ingredients and quick to brew.

Also, don't forget about the achievement for both brewing and consuming potions.

Of course I keep a stash of the better ones but they're reserved for emergencies (I saved Dumbledore earlier) and fortresses.

So regardless of people saying the regular extulimo potion is worthless, especially when at a higher level I still see their value and am still using them at level 38.

Being a solo auror I can save a bit of potion space by not needing invigoration potions.

#5428 August, 2019, 03:00 pm.

Ahh thanks @Acumen , i should hit that magic 30 either tonight or if not then defo tomorrow.

I seriously get left out with these bonus drops tho! Maybe i need to change my route a bit, get out of my comfort zone. The one i get most is defo dark detectors, but i do use them, i think im nearly at 50 for that achievement.

@LeFayeofAlbion & @WerewolfChaser as an auror who was stuck on those pixies for at least a month- i have the data down now (i think i shared some with Lefay earlier but now have good bit more) so can share a list of where & what levrl rune got me a formidable pixie if you need just give me a shout. Good luck in meantime though!

This is a fab thread for just learning about how the game differs for ua all & our levels having an impact etc- makes the game more fun as someone probs @Acumen i think said- we all need that sense of challenge 😀

#5528 August, 2019, 05:10 pm.

@AuroraKadavra Yes please share your research. You have possibly have noticed that I prefer facts and figures than random theories. Giggle

I've done a heap of fortresses and not doing too bad with 8 pixies down. When I got home hubby asked how many pixies I caught which was nice as he's not at all interested in the game.

@LeFayeofAlbion I've been meaning to ask. Which country are you in?

#5629 August, 2019, 03:45 am.

@WerewolfChaser India! Given that you are a beta player, I assume you from New Zealand or Australia?

@AuroraKadavra was awesome with the info. You are a good one! (its on the ‘Formidable pixies and where to consistently find them’ thread) But as it is, it is still a tiny data pool. Hope it helps you Werewolfchaser! I took the advice of unassignedseat and when I have enough spell energy and potions, I switch to professor and tackle ruins chamber 2 and 3. Surprisingly got foundable rewards I hadn’t gotten before and also caught some pixies. I just have 3 more to go. I made a note to myself to finish that by today. I’m coming for you pixies!

(*Cries in advance for having to wake up early some days in the future to get Doxies* I still haven’t seen a single Doxy so I don’t even know where they spawn. I haven’t got a car, so I can’t even go around to find them at DAWN 😭)

#5729 August, 2019, 05:08 am.

@LeFayeofAlbion Correct with Australia.

#5829 August, 2019, 11:39 am.

@LeFayeofAlbion & @WerewolfChaser il pop the data on that thread, think have about 20 or so findings as auror between level 27 ish-29, not sure if your level makes a diff or not. But happy to share, im such a geek collecting data lol.

Im from boring, cold grey, rainy NW of England, don't know if I'd mentioned 😂😂😂

Im the same with doxies, gonna struggle with that, cos though im often awake at dawn, dusk, most of night often lol but theres no way im getting dressed wandering round at that time! Noooooo! 😂

#5929 August, 2019, 08:47 pm.

@AuroraKadavra oh I love England! I did my masters at UCL and absolutely fell in love! Wish visas were a bit easier to get or I’d totally be living in the UK and not here. I adore the rain. That’s my kinda weather. It had been 43-46C for the last so many months. Sometimes more. Atleast it has dropped down to mid 30s now. I hate the heat. I was so born in the wrong country.

and ooh ooh I’ve got news! I got 2 gold coins from foundables today! It’s not a myth after all! If only I knew how to get them more often.

#6030 August, 2019, 08:07 am.

Lol @LeFayeofAlbion that's exactly what i say about being in the uk! I hate winter & cold- thats gonna b a real test for my passion for this game- getting out there every day in minus temperatures! It can b 40+ all year round for me, id b happy! Lol. I did my masters at UCL, Preston born & bred.

I got 2 drops with things yest too! Weird, lol. 1 gold & 1 strong potion! Maybe the reward gods were listening to us!

I waited to add data cos knew was doing a few last night & think i met about 4 or so F.pixies, so il pop the extra data on the thread.

Happy hunting! 😀

#6130 August, 2019, 04:48 pm.

@LeFayeofAlbion How are you going with Formidable Pixies?

I got my last 2 tonight, Tower 2 and Tower 3.

Now for the stats, lol

Battles: 84

Challenge XP earnt: 5584

Red Books: 8

I only have 14 books so quite a bit of **** for my next training lesson.