Questions about the Global event

LeFayeofAlbionLeFayeofAlbion Posts: 239 ✭✭✭
edited August 28 in Harry Potter: Wizards Unite Fan Festival #1 latest comment 03 September, 2019, 02:18 am.

At first I was bummed that I might only get to see one type of dragon and then I read the rest. I hope there are enough players in the country to get ‘em eggs.

I got some questions though. They might be explained in the future and I’m just impatient or perhaps I’m understanding some things wrong, so please bear with me?

1. If the Indianapolis attendees don’t get the 150,000 dragons, in the TWO days, then nothing happens for the rest of us? Except for that one dragon?
  2. Will that dragon be available only for the 3 hour day of the dragon event, or will it be part of the game going forward?
  3. Will the dragon portmanteaus only drop on the 31st and 1st (what do you guys call weekend anyway? Does it include the 30th?) or will they continue to drop until the 7th? Or the 9th?
  4. It doesn’t say anywhere how many km portmanteaus they will be?
  5. The 0/1,000,000 - is it for the whole world or each region?
  6. (I hope it’s the whole world) and say, people collect 1,000,000 Chinese fireball eggs, then every player in the whole world will get 25% XP bonus? Or only the region that collected the most Chinese fireball eggs?
  7. The 25% XP bonus is from SEPTEMBER 2 TO SEPTEMBER 9? A whole week of 25% XP bonus or am I reading this wrong?
  8. Is the XP bonus just for returning dragon oddities or for everything? (Because if it’s 25% the entire XP then that’s a HUGE DEAL😮
  9. So, (a.) If the fan fest attendees are successful and (b.) atleast some eggs of one particular dragon were collected more than the other, we’ll just see one extra type of dragon for 3 hours apart from the dragon of that region? We won’t see the other two types of dragons at all? Only the people who were at the fanfest would have gotten to see all of them? 😟

I’m sorry to be a bother, you guys. But I’m just a tad confused and need clarification on these. And likely on more when I think more about it. Sorry if any of this is obvious and I sound like an idiot.

X

Comments

• ValorshuValorshu Posts: 19 ✭✭
    edited August 28 #228 August, 2019, 02:42 am.

Wow, very good questions and I roughly have the same too. Look forward to admin’s timely responses. That 1 million eggs requirements seems quite challenging. If I am not mistaken, Pogo global challengs required each team to finish 15,000,000 research tasks for 3 teams in total. Unlocking event based Portmanteaus might be even more time consuming unless it is a 1 km Portmanteaus?? Well, maybe the HPWU player base is 1/15 of Pokemon go’s.

• DogoutlawDogoutlaw Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭✭
    #328 August, 2019, 05:18 am.

Good questions. From what I understood, 1)yes and yes; 2)the dragon particular to your region will be a permanent foundable like the other oddities; 3)weekends are Sat and Sun, so 31st and 1st, and I think they’ll only drop those two days; 5)with that number, I hope it’s global!; 9)correct, only people in Indy will see all four. The rest of us will get one, and hopefully a second on Day of Dragons if the requirements are met.

The rest I’m also cloudy on.

• RadicaldavRadicaldav Posts: 45 ✭✭
    #528 August, 2019, 11:20 pm.

Will we need keys to open them? At 1 k yhats a lot of keys.

#628 August, 2019, 11:23 pm.

I'm guessing that's a yes. Probably why we have that bundle offer right now. Sad thing is I had just bought a SE cap increase, so i don't have enough coins for it. :( Oh well, just means I'll be using the 15 silvers I have plus my gold the best I can.

• AcumenAcumen Posts: 665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #728 August, 2019, 11:25 pm.

Okay, now that the registry pages for dragons have gone live, I suggest all of us across the globe should strike a deal with each other. Since the Peruvian Vipertooth will take up residence in the Americas, players there should collect eggs for the Common Welsh Green, because they both share the same registry page. Likewise, players in Europe and Africa should collect Peruvian Vipertooth eggs. Those throughout Asia should collect Antipodean Opaleye eggs, while folks in Oceanian countries like Australia should go for the Chinese Fireball eggs. If we're lucky, we all might be able to prestige at least one registry page during the Day of the Dragons event. 

Do this for your registry. Do this for your country. Do this because I told you to.

edited August 28 #828 August, 2019, 11:26 pm.

I don't want that reward! :P Although i do see your logic.

• BliznikBliznik Posts: 15 ✭✭
    #929 August, 2019, 01:51 am.

@HPWULOLA, are you saying that Dragon Egg Portmanteaus will stop appearing at 7:00 PM EDT on August 31 and Sept 1?

So, this means that if I live in Australia, Dragon Egg Portmanteaus will only spawn between 9:00 PM and 7:00 AM during my local time?

• Overflow4487Overflow4487 Posts: 387 ✭✭✭✭
    #1029 August, 2019, 02:09 am.

Thanks for the details. Really bummed I am in a plane most of Sunday now. The worst planning ever!! I have learned my lesson.

• LeFayeofAlbionLeFayeofAlbion Posts: 239 ✭✭✭
    edited August 29 #1129 August, 2019, 03:24 am.

@Bliznik yikes. what. I didn’t even think of that! Hopefully not!

@Dogoutlaw that’s a humble brag if I ever saw one! I wish there would be special keys too or I won’t be able to open that many portmanteaus! (*nudges development team)

@Acumen You are going to Indianapolis, right? I think the registry pages are live just for you lot? I don’t see it but maybe it’s just because there’s a lag. Or we’ll only see them after or during fanfest.

We will collect the eggs for you @Overflow4487 ! (You are also going to Indy though right? And you’ll see the dragons on Saturday? You get ‘em for us and we’ll get the eggs for you! It’s wizards unite after all)

@HPWULola Pottermore keeps putting me in Gryffindor every single time I take the quiz since way back when when pottermore posted the quiz. I feel nothing like a Gryffindor but I’ve come to embrace it.

I got more questions! Or the same ones, just modified. It’s too huge of an event to co-ordinate like Acumen suggested. I think Chinese fireballs will be the most popular given the XP bonus. I don’t imagine a lot of people going after the ‘double the dark detector time.’ Unless it’s just to get all the eggs.

I have to ask this again, sorry. Are you saying if the 1mil Chinese fireball eggs are picked up, then every single player in the whole world will get the XP bonus? No bias? You didn’t confirm if it’ll be for just the region who collected the most CF eggs?

I live in the region where the Chinese fireballs will be, but I also want the XP bonus more than the other rewards. I know I’ll have to go for one of the other dragons, and I will. Antipodean Opaleye perhaps, both for halving the portmanteau walking distance (if I have any keys left at all. Lol. But if it’s going to be just the gold key, I could make use of the shorter walk distance to collect portmanteaus and if I’m lucky, get good XP helpfully boosted by baruffio’s) and also to fill out the registry page. Thank you Acumen for the info!

But as so many people will be playing, there’s no telling what anyone will do. Man, I’ll be sad if we collect Chinese fireball eggs the most and the ‘extra’ dragon we end up seeing is also the one we’d see anyways.

Edit: will there be a live counter somewhere? I sure do hope so!

#1229 August, 2019, 03:26 am.

I wonder if they’ll get cheeky and introduce a Hungarian horntail into the mix to spice things up. Probably not. But one can hope. I just... I love dragons way too much to be healthy. When I see them, I’d probably be like, ‘I don’t wanna attack them, I wanna adopt them!’

• CraeftCraeft Posts: 976 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1329 August, 2019, 03:28 am.

I’d probably be like, ‘I don’t wanna attack them, I wanna adopt them!’

Wrong franchise, @LeFayeofAlbion

😋

#1429 August, 2019, 03:40 am.

@LeFayeofAlbion you should try hard closing the app. A friend on mine told me about the new registry pages and I didn't see them either until I did that. I won't be going to Indianapolis for the Fan Festival. I'm sure there will be more, and hopefully I'll catch the next one. While I do live in the US, Indianapolis is quite a long way from Amarillo. I just couldn't justify it. Honestly, if I'm going to spend that much money on travel, I'd rather head somewhere outside of the country.

#1529 August, 2019, 06:08 am.

@LeFayeofAlbion oh, I didn’t mean to brag, didn’t mean any offense. I don’t spend money on the game, and I’m pretty frugal with my game resources! I’m opening the current 4 portmanteau task with just my gold key since I have the time. Turns out that’s just as well given the task in front of us! I’ll use them for that definitely.

• DataVizDataViz Posts: 1
    #1629 August, 2019, 01:48 pm.

We are going to have to two all-nighters here in Bangkok (UTC +7). 😅

• BoonSlevinBoonSlevin Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #1729 August, 2019, 02:25 pm.

These details were confirmed last night (EST) by the HPWU team.

• Dragon Portkeys
      • will be distinguishable directly from the map (see the image below showing how they will look on the map so you don’t accidentally pick up a Brilliant Portkey);
      • will require 1km of walking to be opened;
      • will all (all four of them) appear worldwide during the event and be removed after the event on Monday (no current plan on them returning so get to walking);
      • will reward similar items from Wrackspurts as other Portkeys, BUT will also reward Spell Energy;
      • will reward Fragments towards Dragon Eggs in your Oddities III registry.
    • 25% Wizarding XP Bonus will apply to anything rewarding Wizarding XP.
    • Global Challenge Bonuses will only apply on items used AFTER the Bonuses kick off.
    • Dragons will spawn on the maps as Oddity Medals.
    • There will still be regular Portkeys on the map, but in fewer numbers to help players. And again, Dragon Portkeys will be distinguishable directly from the map.
    • Security at the Wizards Unite Fan Festival is of the utmost importance!

For more details about the event follow Jibs Entertainment on Twitter.

• ricorpricorp Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited August 29 #1829 August, 2019, 03:38 pm.

@HPWULola The 'spawn time' of the Dragon Portmanteau in areas outside the US / different timezone needs to be REALLY clarified as the event will be pretty much unfair for a lot of non-NA-based players. Please clarify ASAP.

#2029 August, 2019, 06:33 pm.

HPWULOLA Thanks for the update!!!

#2129 August, 2019, 08:42 pm.

@Dogoutlaw hey there you! I was just teasing that you threw out that you have 15 silver keys as though it’s nothing. (It’s probably nothing but it seemed like a lot to me who doesn’t have enough) I’m only using the gold keys now too. No other choice though.

I was gonna clear out my portmanteau deck after the brilliant portkeys were all opened but I accidentally clicked on a couple of normal portkeys today when they seemed to appear out of nowhere. Have to walk them off to find space for dragon portmanteaus.

Also, if the portmanteaus are only going to be giving out egg fragments, we are gonna need SO many portmanteaus (and keys) please development team, they are DRAGON portmanteaus! They shouldn’t be able to be unlocked by any old key! They need special keys! Keys that can open more than one portmanteau. Please! 🥺🥺🥺

@Craeft pish posh! I know I’m an Auror in-game and that’s what feels right in-game. I can’t think of anything else better suited for me to play. But if it were real life, I’d totally be a magizoologist with a Newt type case and trying to save all magical creatures. (I can’t help but coo at the Erumpet which helpfully holds out its legs to be unlocked, unlike Filch, who is like, hurr durr, keep the magic stuff away from me *swat swat*)

And as soon as I’d finished school, I’d have hurried off to work under Charlie Weasley to learn more about dragons and work with them. *heavy dreamy sigh*

@Acumen I see the pages! A bit harder to prestige the pages when the respective eggs are on the other page! Saw the moving staircase II page too!

#2229 August, 2019, 08:48 pm.

I'm in the same boat @LeFayeofAlbion. I had cleared all my portkeys yesterday, then tapped more and now I have a full deck. Well, two are ready to open but I still have six more. That was dumb of me. Hopefully I can walk them off before Saturday morning.

• SamuelHaightSamuelHaight Posts: 94 ✭✭
    #2329 August, 2019, 08:54 pm.

I'm so bummed that the dragons are region specific. I'm never likely going to be able to get to any other regions, so those parts of my registry will remain blank and drive my OCD right off the cliff. LOL

#2429 August, 2019, 09:09 pm.

@SAMUELHAIGHT Aren't you going to be playing on September 7 for the visiting Dragon during that limited time event?

#2529 August, 2019, 09:17 pm.

@HPWULOLA When you set up a live counter, could you please send a notification email/tweet/FB post letting us know where the page is? Thanks!

• PunkyfinsPunkyfins Posts: 35 ✭✭
    #2629 August, 2019, 09:37 pm.

Am I understanding correctly that we shall all have the opportunity to collect all the dragons over the weekend?? Not just the people at the event?

#2729 August, 2019, 09:53 pm.

I'm afraid not @Punkyfins. In fact, those not attending the Fan Festival will not see any dragons until September 7. For a three-hour period, during the Day of the Dragons event, you will see both the dragon native to your region plus one other visiting dragon. After the three-hour event is over, you will only see the dragon oddity native to your region. What happens over the coming weekend, while the Fan Festival is taking place, is players around the world can collect 1k portmanteaus which contain dragon eggs. The color of the dragon corresponds with the color of the portmanteau. Whichever type players in your region collect most will determine which foreign dragon visits your region during the three-hour event on September 7. You can read more about it here:

• RadicaldavRadicaldav Posts: 45 ✭✭
    #2829 August, 2019, 11:55 pm.

Thanks for pointing out Moving Staircase II. Has anyone seen any of them?

• CraeftCraeft Posts: 976 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #2930 August, 2019, 01:36 am.

I hear ya @LeFayeofAlbion - I went with Magizoologist because of my love of being the healer in games. It also matches up with my love of animals in real life though... so that worked out ok for me. hehe

Now if I could just find people to play with so I can actually... ya know... be a healer.

• LucoireLucoire Posts: 362 ✭✭✭
    #3030 August, 2019, 08:56 am.

@HPWULola

What about the Event-Portmanteaus, will they return too at the Day of the Dragon or will the only be available during the 48h of the Fan Fest?

• PunkyfinsPunkyfins Posts: 35 ✭✭
    #3130 August, 2019, 11:11 am.

Thank you @Acumen , I misread. It's the eggs you can collect, plus two (max) types of dragon during the window on the 7th. The completist in me is a wee bit dissapointed, but them's the rules. Thank you for your comprehensive explanation. ^^