[Investigating] SOS task: Complete 3 Wizarding Challenges with 3 Teammates

in Known Issues #1 latest comment 14 September, 2019, 02:12 pm.

We have received reports that the SOS task, 'Complete 3 Wizarding Challenges with 3 Teammates' is not tracking the correct progress for some players after completing a Wizarding Challenge with a team of 4 or more players. Our team is currently investigating the issue.

Comments

• RixuRixu Posts: 1
    #223 August, 2019, 10:43 am.

So any news on this? A lot of people are not progressing because of this.

• GinnungagapGinnungagap Posts: 53 ✭✭
    edited August 25 #425 August, 2019, 01:24 am.

Somehow my wife finished this while I have 0 credit. This is interesting since we never do wizard tower without each other. She is lvl 33 magizoologist while I am lvl 34 Auror although I'm not sure if that makes a difference.

@Dogoutlaw totally untrue, 5 coins awaits me ;-)

• DogoutlawDogoutlaw Posts: 855 ✭✭✭✭
    #625 August, 2019, 02:44 am.

@Ginnungagap ha, fair enough. I guess my point was not progressing isn’t really an issue right now because there’s nothing beyond that task.

• Caffeine01Caffeine01 Posts: 8 ✭✭
    edited August 25 #825 August, 2019, 06:18 pm.

I found that after completing the Fortress, that only the person to exit the Fortress first gets credit for the SOS.

• FreeeeWillieeeeFreeeeWillieeee Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #927 August, 2019, 12:30 pm.

Still nothing???

I have done at least 25 challenges with 3 friends and only have credit for 2.

Is OS an issue? My wife uses an iPhone and I have android, she had credit for her 3 right away.

With Indianapolis happening this weekend it would be nice to get this fixed.

#1027 August, 2019, 03:55 pm.

I don’t know that OS is the difference. When I completed the task (iOS), the other person who also completed the task was on android. What he said, which held true for us, is only one person gets the credit. So we had to do four battles, one for him and three for me, to complete the task. Either way, the admins and developers are looking into it since it doesn’t appear to be working as intended. Hopefully a fix will come soon.

• GinnungagapGinnungagap Posts: 53 ✭✭
    #1128 August, 2019, 11:59 am.

Ok so after some investigating I believe this is a race condition. Let's say you battle with 4 others. As you exit there is an exit event. The first person exits and has battles with four others. The next person exits and they battles with 3 others as that other person has already left. This then continues. I don't know when the exit event is triggered but it seems to either be on loading our exciting the page that shows rewards. To maximize chances of completing this, fight with as many as you can, don't be the last person fighting, load and close the tower rewards page first. Good Luck!

P.S. it seems to work with 3 people too when someone gets credit, so it is not really 3 others which would have required 4.

• PhobebonPhobebon Posts: 9 ✭✭
    #1228 August, 2019, 01:29 pm.

I feel that this task should not be part of SOS but one the achievements to get rewards. I have seen many forums of voice of solo players like me find it weird to walk up to strangers to "add as friend" and combat.

Otherwise, i will like to suggest alternative for player to "forgo" the special reward and progress to the next SOS assignment, this will work as well.

• JulieJubzJulieJubz Posts: 307 ✭✭✭
    #1428 August, 2019, 06:00 pm.

So, when it came time for me to do this challenge, I had zero problems with it. I never watched in what order I went into the fortress, never did anything specific. And all three battles counted just like that.

BUT, other people in my group had problems when they were doing theirs. And they tried all sorts of things. So it really is most curious...

Another thing is that, on the challenge where you had to fight a certain kind of deatheater (forgot what kind), for me it counted when I did almost any kind of death eater. It didn't always work, but I remember getting through that SOS weirdly fast even though the specific type of deatheater I needed wasn't showing up.

edited August 28 #1528 August, 2019, 07:07 pm.

It was probably the 10 formidable DE's you're thinking of @JulieJubz . Mine only counted when i did those exact foes. No lower or higher, just formidable.

• MrOGMiroMrOGMiro Posts: 2
    edited August 29 #1629 August, 2019, 04:14 pm.

Decrease the amount of the members needed to complete the quest. Finding 4 more guys is really hard.

• Ve225Ve225 Posts: 100 ✭✭
    #1729 August, 2019, 04:25 pm.

I will probably skip that sos task. Seeing as i knee no one plays hpwu in my area. A lot of po go players though. And still i don't think i could find another player anytime soon.

Currently i am still in the doxy dropping. As i am not a morning person and lazying on my bed wouldn't get me any doxy so yeah i am taking my time. Seeing as this groupie challenge is next.

• deceptivekittydeceptivekitty Posts: 1 ✭✭
    #1831 August, 2019, 07:01 am.

Is there any possibility of removing this task? Between it being buggy and not everyone having that many local friends, it seems impossible for anyone to progress through the game beyond that round of tasks.

• My2GoldensMy2Goldens Posts: 0
    #1931 August, 2019, 04:25 pm.

I did about 12 fortress battles with 4 friends last night. Two of us were on the last SOS task. My friend got credit for 3 friends, and mine remains at a big fat zero! Not happy....would like to finish the sos. Yes, all friends are in my friends list in my game. I even restarted my game hoping that would fix. No luck. Am wondering if I will have to remove the app, then download again in hopes that will fix it.

• LornahhgLornahhg Posts: 5 ✭✭
    #2002 September, 2019, 05:32 pm.

Completed this with 2 other friends, had to wait an age till we were all free and able to go do this, both of them got credit for the task, I did not. We did about 7-8 challenges together to try to get it for me but it’s just not happening. Peed off doesn’t cover it. !

• FreeeeWillieeeeFreeeeWillieeee Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #2103 September, 2019, 01:36 pm.

Still nothing???

Not very motivated to get this very frustrating issue fixed it seems.

Just remove the task or give everyone credit for completing.

What a joke!

• RadicaldavRadicaldav Posts: 42 ✭✭
    #2203 September, 2019, 01:54 pm.

Did many challenges at fan fest with 3 or more teammates and did not get credit.

• ShellyRenShellyRen Posts: 11 ✭✭
    #2310 September, 2019, 03:42 am.

I did a dozen on dragon's day and didn't get credit for any!

• Herm10neG92Herm10neG92 Posts: 162 ✭✭✭
    #2410 September, 2019, 05:33 am.

@HPWULOLA @HPWUMicah @HPWUArcosu @HPWUrobert Can anyone update us on the status of this issue? I realize there are no SOS tasks beyond this, but it would be helpful to know when it’s worth attempting this since it requires an investment of runestones. And also for those of us who don’t have local friends who play, it requires us to drag our family or friends or whoever we can persuade to help us with this task to join us. I don’t want to waste their time or my own attempting this if the challenge is still as buggy as it appears to be.

• RelaxLahRelaxLah Posts: 17
    edited September 10 #2510 September, 2019, 05:53 am.

Hope this challenge is replace with another that do not force group play.

Since game is released, i have only met 1 other person playing this game. All others i met are playing PoGo. This is mission impossible for solo players like me.

• ArtymerlArtymerl Posts: 15 ✭✭
    edited September 10 #2610 September, 2019, 07:16 am.

I have not met anyone playing this game in my community. So I would always play solo only. Hope they have an update where a group play could be made possible with friends who are online at that time or by inviting existing friends to play.

• Greendragon9Greendragon9 Posts: 1 ✭✭
    #2712 September, 2019, 05:42 pm.

I'd also cast a vote to nix this challenge. As a 50YO woman who works full time, I have few friends who even care about such games, much less willing to go into a fortress with me. I had one... but she quit weeks ago. I even went to Dragoncon! But still couldn't find enough people all at once to exchange friend codes and go battle. We could get 2 occasionally... but never enough. And that's a once a year event, now done.

This may not stop anyone going forward NOW, but the next SOS challenge will come, and we'll all be stuck. Even being able to opt out of the event would help.

Don't forget that many of your players don't live in urban areas, or don't have the typical 'young friend group' where they'd know lots of locals playing. I have plenty of friend codes - for friends in other cities that I know. No one within several hours' drive.

• KatherineSarahKatherineSarah Posts: 21 ✭✭
    #2812 September, 2019, 08:23 pm.

ive heard unconfirmed rumours it didn’t need to be three people, just 2 ? I will have to try and persuade a muggle to download the game specifically for this, so it would be good to know....

• AloCamaroAloCamaro Posts: 1
    #2913 September, 2019, 04:33 am.

Here’ how I was able to get credit for each challenge:

1. you need at least two other people in the fortress with you
    2. when entering the challenge, I had the two other players choose their runestones first. I was the last to choose a runestones and enter the waiting room
    3. when victory is achieved, I had the other two players stay on the victory page where it shows you the items you’ve collected. At that time, I closed the victory page and then exited out of the fortress completely going back to the map.

Following these steps worked each time I did it. Hope this helps! Good luck finding other players. I had to force my kids to help me with this one. :)

• AmandaLLeBAmandaLLeB Posts: 2
    #3014 September, 2019, 03:21 am.

The challenge credits the first person to leave the room which means no one will get credit if they're not on this SOS. My co-worker, so and I went out today playing in Chamber 3 (the highest my son can go). I battled 1 of the 5 foes while they each battled 2. Because I was sitting and waiting for the room to finish, I was the first out and got the credit for this challenge. Just take turns if you are all on the same challenge.

• PamdmPamdm Posts: 24 ✭✭
    #3114 September, 2019, 05:14 am.

Thanks for sharing the tricks you used guys....much appreciated. @AmandaLLeB @AloCamaro

But makes me think this task is broke. Or maybe it's magical? :P