Race for Gold

ZookiTabookiZookiTabooki Posts: 637 ✭✭✭✭✭
in Story #1 latest comment 29 August, 2019, 12:49 am.

My wife and I love to game together. This part of our relationship I never saw coming. We come from very different walks of life. Let’s call it a complimentary relationship. Up until we came together over 20 years ago now, she never held a gaming paddle in her life. Until one day I came home from work to find her glued to my playstation racing Need for Speed’s Carbon.

I was shocked. And worried! She was going to take over the franchise, and there was nothing I could do about it. It only took her a few weeks and she was delighted to be neck and neck with me on the track. I was far from amused yet a part of me, deep down was pleased. We’ve never really been competitive with each other. But she likes it. Maybe a little too much yet I delight in her delight, if you know what I mean. She loves beating me at my own game. I’d likely be offended if it wasn’t so much fun.

Anyhow, we’ve discovered a new game; a game within the game and it’s a race for gold! We both prestiged to silver the first frame under Mysterious Artifacts, Room of Requirements II. The other day we realized we were both very close to prestiging our first gold frame. Not only is it the same aforementioned frame, but we are both waiting for the same fragments, Hagrid’s Umbrella. So it’s a race for gold and we are only 2 fragments apart. The look she gave me when she realized, had me howling in laughter. I doubt I’m gonna win this race, but it’ll be fun just taking part.

Comments

• JulieJubzJulieJubz Posts: 640 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #224 August, 2019, 03:55 am.

Ok, you got me hooked! Please keep me updated, I need to know who wins 🤣

• DogoutlawDogoutlaw Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #324 August, 2019, 05:15 am.

It’s always down to that darn umbrella!😂😂 Good luck to you both!

• CytopeAchenCytopeAchen Posts: 354 ✭✭✭✭
    #424 August, 2019, 03:37 pm.

Lol @ZookiTabooki even if I dont comment I always enjoy reading your posts. From the early one written in letter format til now you have had several gems and this is most certainly yet another.

Keep us posted and may the odds be ever in your favor!

• ZookiTabookiZookiTabooki Posts: 637 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019 #524 August, 2019, 03:55 pm.

@JulieJubz @Dogoutlaw @CytopeAchen Thanks for the support, feedback, and kind words. Wizard wife has 24/30 Umbrellas to my 22/30. It's a tight race. Stay tuned!

edit: wow, i actually had time to edit this comment, 7 minutes left. Woot. Well, it's now 26 for the boss. Portkeys were good to her.

Post edited by ZookiTabooki on
    #625 August, 2019, 08:33 pm.

Go go go! (is it back that I'm rooting for her?)

#927 August, 2019, 08:20 pm.

Well, wizard wifey is showing me up. Not only did she gold Room of Requirements II (I need 2 more fragments), she is one fragment away from golding Borgin & Burkes. And she wants to do it on the same day. Sigh. Best I can do now is keep her busy and off the game to prevent such a calamity!😎

#1027 August, 2019, 08:34 pm.

LOL @ZookiTabooki . No stopping the chosen one! But good luck to you in trying!

#1127 August, 2019, 09:44 pm.

Oh the pain! Ink is barely dry on my last post and already she's rubbing it in.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1eHi7_rR6gXOTenbGxVjHx6k1zJT53yFu

Not only is she the Chosen One, now she's calling herself the Golden Child. 🙄

Moving on now...

#1328 August, 2019, 12:30 am.

LOL @JulieJubz too funny!

Condolences @ZookiTabooki . If it's any consolation, those gold frames are a little daunting with their 50 fragment requirement. I've been on them for about a week now, and it's a little depressing seeing I still need 44 MME's and 40 umbrellas! It will take FOREVER!The good news is you have plenty of time to catch her up to complete the gold frames!

#1428 August, 2019, 02:44 am.

@Dogoutlaw I find it funny that we sometimes say something will take forever in this game.. and yet the game has only existed for like two months? We're going so fast 😂

I finally got my first golden one! I'm so happy about my lonesome golden frame... mainly because I thought the silver was a lot prettier, kind of wish I could keep them silver 😂

#1528 August, 2019, 05:09 am.

@JulieJubz I know, I thought the same as I typed that. But I’m not a patient woman either, so....🤷🏼‍♀️😂 And yes! The “gold” is like bright yellow! I much preferred the silver frame color!

#1628 August, 2019, 05:22 pm.

@Dogoutlaw I totally get you. I'm suuuuper impatient when it comes to getting those badges!! They're so pretty, give them to me noooooow!!!

And oh man, yes! that's exactly it!! I wish it was more of a dirty gold? Less of a BAM! YELLOW! IN YO FACE! 🤣

#1728 August, 2019, 05:25 pm.

@JulieJubz Exactly! They need to add a smidge of orange or brown, tone it down! lol

#1828 August, 2019, 05:57 pm.

@JulieJubz @Dogoutlaw I don't like the yellowish gold either. I've always prefered silver/white gold anyhow, so I'm gonna miss those frames. But the gold colour is horrible, too bright by far. I agree, tone it down.

#1928 August, 2019, 06:01 pm.

Hahahah, I love the fact we're all going into color theory about the frames xD!

#2028 August, 2019, 06:59 pm.

What do those developers know anyways?! (goes back to my little corner) LOL

#2128 August, 2019, 09:17 pm.

Ok, maybe it isn't horrible, but it does seem a little bright. @Dogoutlaw I see someone likes to poke the bear. You are b-r-a-v-e! That's like insulting your waiter right before he goes back to the kitchen to get your food. lol Love a developer today, I say. 😉

edited August 2019 #2228 August, 2019, 09:26 pm.

@ZookiTabooki I have mad respect for the developers. I have not a clue how to make a game like this, but I know it probably took a **** ton of code and hours. I don't complain about the game much at all because of that fact.

Post edited by hpwulola on
    #2328 August, 2019, 09:30 pm.

I said a dirty word... I have a comment under review. 😶

#2428 August, 2019, 11:19 pm.

I'm dead! LOLOLOL Thanks @HPWULola for editing, although it wasn't THAT bad! Those stars make it look worse than it was! ROFL

#2529 August, 2019, 12:49 am.

I love it 🤣