September Event Calendar Update + Surprise Dragon Week

Comments

• AccioCacaoAccioCacao Posts: 3
    #3305 September, 2020, 12:26 pm.

I was a more engaged and profitable customer after SOS, until the recent debacle. Not sure that I’ll play again, even if you dangle dragons, unless the underlying disrespect to your customers is addressed. Thank you.

• FredjeFlitserFredjeFlitser Posts: 14 ✭✭
    #3405 September, 2020, 01:53 pm.

Wondering what will be the effect of Trace Potion... extra sightings of dragons or only regular foundables...?

• coyotewoman42coyotewoman42 Posts: 22 ✭✭
    #3505 September, 2020, 05:29 pm.

SQUIRREL!!!!! 😂

• AllegroVivaceAllegroVivace Posts: 10 ✭✭
    #3605 September, 2020, 06:49 pm.

The announcement says "special 1km dragon portmanteaus" with no mention of eggs. I hope this is a typo and these will be EGGS, not dragons. We can't prestige the pages without eggs.

• BenTigerBenTiger Posts: 349 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 5 #3705 September, 2020, 06:58 pm.

@AllegroVivace They are Portkeys with the eggs in them. Four colored Portkeys, with the eggs, so you can differentiate between them. An image from Orange Wizard was already posted with pictures of each portkey and the eggs contained in them. I would repost it, but then my post would go in to moderation for over a week, until the mods get back from vacation. They are exactly as they were from the event last year, if you were playing back then.

• AllegroVivaceAllegroVivace Posts: 10 ✭✭
    edited September 5 #3805 September, 2020, 07:28 pm.

@BenTiger I did play back then and I liked that we could distinguish the portmanteaus from each other. I think I'm just paranoid after the dirty bait-and-switch they pulled with the trace charm, so I'm reading everything as carefully as possible. I follow OrangeWizard too but hadn't seen his latest update - thanks! Very glad to hear it's the same mechanics as last year.

• AmandinaAmandina Posts: 18 ✭✭
    #3905 September, 2020, 07:36 pm.

I messaged support and asked why this event only offers items through portkeys. Pandemic is not over and some of their players, me included, have has the corona virus. Even with my milder case, I have lingering symptoms. My heart muscle is weakened and my resting pulse is too high. Being outside in the heat makes it worse and I live in Florida. There response was to walk around my house a lot. First awesome event in forever and they aren't making it something for everyone. Sure, there's the option to buy keys and if this weren't a dit

• DrakoniteDrakonite Posts: 141 ✭✭✭
    #4105 September, 2020, 09:39 pm.

Dragons mean nothing, bring trace charm as it was.

• DrakoniteDrakonite Posts: 141 ✭✭✭
    #4205 September, 2020, 09:40 pm.

Dragons mean nothing, make the trace charm what it was.

• Dragons1111Dragons1111 Posts: 138 ✭✭
    #4306 September, 2020, 02:10 pm.

Okay so - now I tried to come out to apply trace charm on a foundable and the foundable was missing on returning to map. The foundable just showed up and I clicked on it immediately to check what it was, applied potion and came back to map to apply trace charm. Restarting "solution" didn't work.

• BocaGBocaG Posts: 87 ✭✭
    edited September 6 #4506 September, 2020, 02:39 pm.

@silverelm you must not have lost anything in this shadow nerf, that’s the only way your response makes any sense

edited September 6 #4606 September, 2020, 03:38 pm.

@SilverElm I said the same thing a few months back. But some things are unethical and needs to be called out! No one is singling out anyone here. What was done with trace charm (apart from the duplicate fix) was ethical even for a free game. Players are also human beings like developers. Walking out after spending so much time on a loved game is OBVI not a good solution to suggest players. You are insulting their passion and time spent by saying this. Of course, that is going to happen as a side effect, even without you suggesting that.

Also - for on going issues - developers need to take inputs from players and prioritize issues. Players have no visibility into what is going on right now except a generic 'we are working on all issues'. I would prefer if there is a list of bugs and players are given the choice to vote and prioritize issues. So, there is nothing wrong in calling out and raising issues. Developers are focusing on the game too, that is their job. Nothing wrong! Nobody is asking them to work at odd hours or during holidays, but pushing for better testing/bug resolution system.

#4706 September, 2020, 03:43 pm.

Developers can't do anything IF Warner Brothers is forcing them to introduce features and latter asking to make changes to committed features though :)

• ZodrickZodrick Posts: 8 ✭✭
    edited September 6 #4906 September, 2020, 09:20 pm.

Fix the trace charm or allow a skill tree reset.

• DezjewelsDezjewels Posts: 1
    edited September 7 #5107 September, 2020, 12:58 pm.

Sad very sad this is not the way to run an honest company , admit your fault return the trace charm to it’s original setting be the bigger man and retain your followers . Gamers are fickled and are unforgiving you will figure another way to get money out of this game . Man up Niantic and Warner Bros.

#5307 September, 2020, 01:46 pm.

I can finally prestige my dragons... like the Chinese Fireball that fragment-gate removed all my fragments of (I returned 19, but it shows 0. I should at least have a *).

#5407 September, 2020, 02:07 pm.

@hpwulola Can you please provide a response to @d40ppatt?

Here is a screen capture of exactly what you said.

• AmandinaAmandina Posts: 18 ✭✭
    #5507 September, 2020, 02:07 pm.

I messaged support and asked why this event only offers items through portkeys. Pandemic is not over and some of their players, me included, have has the corona virus. Even with my milder case, I have lingering symptoms. My heart muscle is weakened and my resting pulse is too high. Being outside in the heat makes it worse and I live in Florida. There response was to walk around my house a lot. First awesome event in forever and they aren't making it something for everyone. Sure, there's the option to buy keys and if this weren't a dittany event, I'd feel okay about that.

• Yohanes12Yohanes12 Posts: 128 ✭✭
    #5607 September, 2020, 02:38 pm.

I must full prestige gold all dragon if i can. This is event more 1 week.

@Amandina find a dragon, maybe you should next time egg for next year or there's a drop egg here...

If you want gift, please visit here : https://community.harrypotterwizardsunite.com/en/discussion/6874/collection-of-friends-codes#latest

• yw2kyw2k Posts: 9 ✭✭
    #5707 September, 2020, 03:28 pm.

Stuck in the fortress restart loop bug. Pls help @hpwulola

• SnobelleSnobelle Posts: 5 ✭✭
    #5807 September, 2020, 03:32 pm.

Hello, I noticed that the fragment numbers of the dragons and eggs were not reduced and standardised for each page level, as earlier reported (e.g. new fragment number for eggs on standard page was reported to be changed to 4). Is this correct?

Photos show my Oddities III page at bronze and my Oddities IV page on standard (I’m in Australia).

• Liza01Liza01 Posts: 0
    #5907 September, 2020, 04:14 pm.

I loved the way the trace charm was working while it was “malfunctioning” and am sad to see it change. That being said, I DO understand the logic behind the change. The dragon week is a lovely apology and I am very much looking forward to it. Ultimately though, people will not be happy with only that. Even throwing some free Restricted section and DA books at us will not wash away the damage done by how much we spent to improve our trace charms and now regret. In my opinion, the best way to address this change would be to give everyone a free “reset” chit. Let me clear ALL the SOS training I’ve done so far and re-allocate the resources I spent toward what are the more valuable features.

• dstalinpt07dstalinpt07 Posts: 8
    #6007 September, 2020, 04:31 pm.

Hi there,

What about doxcy dragon, I am not seen for long time...

• ElmagodeloesteElmagodeloeste Posts: 3
    #6107 September, 2020, 07:44 pm.

ver para creer... voy a seguir llorando por los encantos arruinados....