Trace charm used on severe foundable generated 2 medium/easy traces and only 1 severe/emergency trac

PhoenixFlame360PhoenixFlame360 Posts: 2 ✭✭
in Report a Bug #1 latest comment 08 September, 2020, 01:24 pm.

I used the trace charm twice this afternoon on severe foundables, and each time only received 1 additional severe/emergency trace. The other 2 traces generated were easy/medium (see attached screenshots). In the first screenshot I used the trace charm on the severe LoH trace on the left, and the Dark Arts and CoMC traces immediately adjacent were generated, along with the other LoH severe trace. In the second screenshot I used the trace charm on the severe WoWW trace, and the other 3 traces pictures were generated. Restarting the game changed nothing. I’m playing on an iPhone with most recent versions of game/iOS installed.

Really hoping this is a new bug and not some new change in how the trace charm works!

65 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• Leppard122Leppard122 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited September 3 #903 September, 2020, 08:16 pm.

I've stopped receiving Trace Charms at all, except for completing 0.25km in the Daily Tasks list. I used to get at least two per day by placing an image or catching a Foundable. Something's definitely wrong with this.

• PomonaMrozPomonaMroz Posts: 17 ✭✭
    #1003 September, 2020, 08:17 pm.

If you read the description in the SOS training, this actually sounds like the intended behaviour (1 higher-level trace, amongst other traces) ... sounds like they’ve “fixed” the previous behaviour, and we were just benefiting from a bug before: https://mobile.twitter.com/hpwuhub/status/1301610292623933445?s=21

• SamuramatSamuramat Posts: 1 ✭✭
    #1103 September, 2020, 08:19 pm.

Same here, six different LOW traces, and no field guides. I am extremely disappointed and frustrated, especially after the recent no-fix of proficiency.

• TheGreenLady68TheGreenLady68 Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #1203 September, 2020, 08:23 pm.

Same thing just happened to me. First time restarting hasn't helped. How do I get my reach charm back?

• TyrandausTravisTyrandausTravis Posts: 51 ✭✭
    #1503 September, 2020, 08:26 pm.

I agree it looks like the originaly intended behaviour and the fact that it provided multiple version of the same trace may have been a bug in our favor, but then they should also make proficiency work as originally intended, ie +1 fragment per proficiency level not maxed to 2!!!

• AnricatAnricat Posts: 11 ✭✭
    #1603 September, 2020, 08:27 pm.

Same. There’s another thread above yours with the same issue. Apparently the old behavior was a “bug.” It’s sort of lame now.

• PasqdkaXPasqdkaX Posts: 4 ✭✭
    #1703 September, 2020, 08:30 pm.

Same for me!!!

• TyrandausTravisTyrandausTravis Posts: 51 ✭✭
    #1803 September, 2020, 08:30 pm.

Has someone cast a trace charm on the big report, I see several threads of exactly the same issue! 😉

• ThgirtruocThgirtruoc Posts: 1 ✭✭
    #2403 September, 2020, 09:29 pm.

Same here.

• DragunhirdeDragunhirde Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #2503 September, 2020, 09:45 pm.

I've used 2 trace charms this afternoon. Both times I cast it on an emergency trace (Three Headed Dog) and each time it only gave me 1 additional Emergency trace and a bunch of Low traces. Please fix this issue as soon as possible. I've spent thousands of FGs and MMs to enhance my trace charm. This makes it entirely worthless.

• WizDillaWizDilla Posts: 0 ✭✭
    #2603 September, 2020, 09:50 pm.
  • LothirielDALothirielDA Posts: 1 ✭✭
    #2803 September, 2020, 10:01 pm.

Same thing happened to me twice today. The first time, I thought it was a freak occurrence. The second time, I came here to check and to report it. Both times I threw the charm on a Cerberus, an "Emergency" Oddity Family Trace.

It sucks, I spent a lot of resources to get those extra Pario Vestigus for them to just vanish.

Kindly fix this issue, please.

• WyldeDragonneWyldeDragonne Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #3003 September, 2020, 10:10 pm.

Same issue. Cast on Whomping Willow. Only a single Oddity spawned. Typically I get five new spawns.