Global Request to keep the effects of the Trace Charm.

Comments

• DrakoniteDrakonite Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #24204 September, 2020, 10:58 am.

you shouldnt, you should tell your friends to stay far an wide away from wb and/or niantic games.

• nCodernCoder Posts: 28 ✭✭
    #24304 September, 2020, 11:01 am.

🤬

Niantic this sucks!!! - I feel cheated - I invested real money lately to progress with the tree and focusing on the Trace Charm Proficiency and Efficacy. Now both are worthless - so many resoures wasted. I don't even feel like playing any time soon.

Trace charm to work basically like a TTD makes is useless, specially for us that live in urban areas.

Been playing Niantic games for almost 8 years, and this is the most infuriating mess up I've ever seen.

2 DADA books to shut us up? Seriously???

Find a way to make the Trace Charm relevant again. Nobody on their right mind would waste so many resources on this Trace charm - as-is.

In the meanwhile: Let us reset our tree and undo all this mess.

• enigmad3menigmad3m Posts: 4 ✭✭
    #24504 September, 2020, 11:07 am.

Trace Charm was the only feature keeping me still interested in the game, now you've ruined it as you did for all the other features. Thank you for ruining the game Niantic.

• FixMyGreenStarsFixMyGreenStars Posts: 165 ✭✭✭
    #24604 September, 2020, 11:10 am.

THE GREEN IS THE BIG PROBLEM

First i lost my GREEN dollars

Second i lost all my GREEN stars

Now i lost my GREEN books

• Daphy15Daphy15 Posts: 6 ✭✭
    edited September 2020 #24704 September, 2020, 11:11 am.

Last DD session, my trace charm traces disappeared and restart didn’t bring them back. Now, this bug fix. Did any of the developers test changes? Seems like so many things and broken. Figure out what it’s suppose to be and release it then.

Was planning to meet up friends for wizard weekend, now I don’t want to. Thanks for taking away the fun in the trace charms 😢

• Fluffykitty21Fluffykitty21 Posts: 1 ✭✭
    #24804 September, 2020, 11:30 am.

Please put trace charm back how it was or make proficiency work how it was supposed to so us rural players can enjoy / progress in the game.

• ProfessorMantisProfessorMantis Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #25104 September, 2020, 11:36 am.

What is the point of using Trace Charms if they just give you an assortment of rarity? There will be no point to save the Trace Charms and wait for something good to place it on like a Severe or Emergency level Foundable. At that point it's just a localized version of a Trace Detection Potion. Only way more expensive! I specifically bought SOS nodes that said they would give a chance for a rarer Foundable. Might as well pay me my books back if that doesn't count anymore.

• MantveeMantvee Posts: 1
    edited September 2020 #25204 September, 2020, 11:38 am.

If so, regular book giveout has to increase from +2, +8 and +20 to, say, +3, +10 and +25. And stop giving the medium foundables, we can catch them the regular way.

• TexasSvelteTexasSvelte Posts: 1
    #25304 September, 2020, 11:54 am.

I feel deceived by how the Trace Charm has been handled. Niantic didn't communicate that this was NOT how the feature was intended to work - SOMETHING should have been said - there was ample time over a two-month period. I've invested significant resources into unlocking fragments, only to get maybe one extra red flag and a bunch of trash that I can get easily when I use it now.

This feels like a very blatant bait and switch with no regard for the players.

Please return ALL my RSBs, field guides, and ministry manuals so I can reset my SOS skill tree and focus on skills that MATTER and HOPEFULLY won't be nerfed like the Trace Charm has been. It's the right thing to do given you DECEIVED us for two months.

• AzureSunflowerAzureSunflower Posts: 1
    #25504 September, 2020, 11:58 am.

So let me get this straight.

WU finally adds a feature that will allow folks who live in more rural areas where traces - especially rare ones - are less common to finally make some inroads on getting those rare foundables. They add a whole new system to earn upgrades to said feature. Then later take it away and make it useless?

What on earth are you guys thinking? Not having the duplicate original trace? OK fine. Not having multiple of the same rare trace? OK. Fine. But they should all be of the same rank as the original (high, severe, emergency, etc.) Otherwise it's useless and there's literally no point in bothering to upgrade it, making your new "currency" also useless. You are doing players who worked hard to upgrade a real disservice.

• AndyRozmanAndyRozman Posts: 143 ✭✭✭
    #25604 September, 2020, 12:05 pm.

Since new release Trace charm was actually only good thing that came from the new SOS trainings (with exclusion of potions). Everything else was just for "covering" level-up of all foundables that happened with v2.

Now we had two "fixes" to Trace charms, both lowering the value of Trace charm, which all players were trying to learn and level-up as soon as possible (many of them using a lot of resources). First was lowering value of proficiency (according to text, what we expected was correct) and by changing what foundables are displayed. I really liked that I could get either x of foundables of same type (for example 3 headed dog), or even foundables of different type but of same (or higher) level. That would actually cover the shortfall of the game, that some foundables are really hard to get. But now we get useless foundables, same as with TTD (TTD only works when certain events are running, all other time it returns useless foundables - just more of the same). Lot of people have wasted a lot of resources to get their Trace charm "up-to-snuff" but now its is totally useless, just like other two charms we can cast. This is the biggest f* up since Registry 2.0 debacle, which also made a lot of people (including me), loose a lot of fragments, first because of faulty implementation and secondly because instructions on how to use it came week after functionality was out (when all the damage was already done).

I am playing the game since the begining, and I really like it, but things like this just make my blood boil... It also gives me a lot to think about if I even want to continue playing the game. Game has become little stale before 1st year was up, now Trace charms made it little more interesting, and people were expecting to get little bit more pages, because some people who have time to play more than just 1-2 hours a day (which is amount of time I usually put in daily), have finished most of their pages, reached high levels in their proficiency (I am still just at 46).

• WxyZenZenWxyZenZen Posts: 1
    #25704 September, 2020, 12:08 pm.

If the nerf was to happen, the least was to half what was the initial ‘bug’ gave to players so that we still think it is not too bad for all.

• MrsZoomMrsZoom Posts: 2
    edited September 2020 #25904 September, 2020, 12:17 pm.

The only good thing I can say about the change is I’m glad I chose to focus on getting extra xp from Rewards trunks rather than improving trace charms. Being able to use the charm trace and see all those flares was a highlight of my day! It felt like Christmas with the surge of books and xp (and maybe even being able to complete a fragment). The new way just seems like more fragments from trace detection tonics - no ‘rush’ of accomplishment. My recommendation would be to keep the rewards the way it was but limit the number that can be used per day.

Not only is the traces issue disappointing the game has gotten really buggy since you made the change. Ie. beating a fragment and then going straight back to the map and not the rewards page or having the fragment reappear for a few seconds before going to the rewards page.

The fun is certainly wearing thin when you’re just getting more of the same with no opportunities for bigger successes.

• Rocketeer8Rocketeer8 Posts: 4 ✭✭
    #26004 September, 2020, 12:18 pm.

You say the change was to “fix” the issue of the trace charm giving the same trace when cast on a foundable.

Well, when I played the game, that wasn’t always the case for me. I could cast the charm on the Horned Serpent and end up with some other equally high level trace - which would be duplicated so that I would get that same trace a few times.

I don’t cRe if I get the same trace many times from a single trace charm.

what I do care about is that now I will only get ONE valuable trace. The rest. The others that the charm will bring out that I worked to earn through the SOS lessons...are nothing more than what I could find on the map on any given day. Nothing special and nothing to help me move along in my game play.

I’m not one of these players that can dedicate hours a day to play. And I’m pretty much stuck in my house and limits to walking distance of my house which gets me to two greenhouses. So gameplay is severely restricted for me and the trace charm was the only thing that was helping me move forward. It only worked if I took a walk...at night...by the greenhouse over by the church that is the farthest away from my house. I would find a single red beam trace that I could then turn into something useful.

with the “fix” my game place has gone back to the way it was at the start of quarantine. Thanks for that.

• Bobbie42Bobbie42 Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #26104 September, 2020, 12:18 pm.

Please stop giving us things then taking them away. It’s really frustrating, and certainly doesn’t help encourage us to keep playing the game. Keep the trace the way it was!

• TacoThePenguinTacoThePenguin Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #26204 September, 2020, 12:18 pm.

Niantic,

Pleae restore the Trace Charm to give us the same level of traces as the foundable we use it on. It was fun every day to trying decide when to use it. It gave the game an added layer of strategy and fun. I, personally, used potions so I wouldn’t lose those traces, which meant I often spent money on ingredients.

Please, let us have this feature back. We’re loyal players, but this is pushing us away. It makes the charm useless & we might as well just use a Tonic for Trace Detection.

• chamomileteachamomiletea Posts: 4 ✭✭
    #26304 September, 2020, 12:21 pm.

The “fix” is the worst decision you have made yet. It was the most fun feature that we spent our currencies to obtain and improve. Now what? You are going to have a lot of angry, disappointed, disillusioned players on hand. All of your avid current players. Maybe you’re counting on future players who never knew about how Trace charm worked but you’ll be losing your current base. No “sorry, thank you” gift can measure up to the colossal mistake you’ve made here. I’m usually very supportive of this game that is fun to play and doesn’t require paying. But this has riled even me up enough to post.

• GwillewynGwillewyn Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #26404 September, 2020, 12:24 pm.

The trace charm finally made the game worth playing again.

I'm out, and I don't mind if the door does hit my **** on my way.

• JixnceJixnce Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #26504 September, 2020, 12:34 pm.

This "fix" is awful. As the above user said, the Trace Charm made the game worth playing again and you've now ruined it.

I hope you return it to how it worked previously.

• ricorpricorp Posts: 6 ✭✭
    #26604 September, 2020, 12:34 pm.

Please undo the so-called 'fix' to the Trace Charm function. It is simply unwarranted and detrimental to the SOS skill tree advancement.

• 1Hamstriss1Hamstriss Posts: 2
    #26704 September, 2020, 12:35 pm.

It's only worked ONE TIME for me.

• Jae1117Jae1117 Posts: 1
    #26804 September, 2020, 12:42 pm.

As a regional player, the trace charm was key for me in regards to finishing pages and completing events. The current changes will lessen my ability to prestige pages and finish events, and will make my overall gameplay less enjoyable. Please, change it back!

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 ✭✭
    #26904 September, 2020, 12:48 pm.

Just a simple request. How about you hire some testers that are actually game players. Niantic has this problem across every game I play of theirs.

• 5chawn5chawn Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #27004 September, 2020, 12:48 pm.

Please return the trace charm to its prior glory. It was the shining star of the SOS Skills and the highlight of the game.

• EffaEffa Posts: 20 ✭✭
    #27104 September, 2020, 12:50 pm.

Anyone willing to spend 100 DADA books (5 months worth as of now) on ”Serendipitous study” only to get an additional ordinary foudable from the TC?