Global Request to keep the effects of the Trace Charm.

Comments

• Neo5Neo5 Posts: 9 ✭✭
    #21204 September, 2020, 07:47 am.

Look I've rolled with the punches. I love this game. The **** around the trace charm just seems shady. I don't know how to feel just yet. But I'm not happy.

• NovaDeStarNovaDeStar Posts: 7 ✭✭
    #21304 September, 2020, 07:53 am.

If you're not going to let T.C. on a red spawn give only more red spawns anymore, at least let ALL the common low level foundables give a field guide. Without this feature the SOS lessons is just a joke once you're past the easy to get ones. It's gonna take 2 years to get enough field guides for one lesson.

Just as the game was getting fun again you take away the fun. A game is supposed to be more than just a boring grind...

Not gonna spend more money on it unless you change your minds, and hope other's won't either.

• KitKat16707KitKat16707 Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #21404 September, 2020, 07:53 am.

So this "fixed" trace charm that players spent time, energy, and SOS resources investing in is now just a glorified Tonic for Trace Detection? And you intended it to be this way? Seriously?

You have created error upon error in this game, and now you "fix" the one thing that everyone was enjoying about the game?

Listen to your players. Feed the enthusiasm. Don't **** it.

• HoyotHoyot Posts: 124 ✭✭✭
    #21604 September, 2020, 07:57 am.

Now TC is simply ridicolous. From emergency you get low traces. No, devs, you are floating your boats.

• You've changed rules (not clarification but change)
    • You've fixed this "bug"

People are very disappointed.

I also would not have spent my DADA books if I had known...

Please, reconsider.

Thank you so much

• LinksblackmaskLinksblackmask Posts: 9 ✭✭
    #21704 September, 2020, 07:57 am.

Like what where you expecting with this fix? People to progress to quickly? When you hard cap the skill tree progression with DADA, much like you did with green books? It's not as if you have the chance to do this more than one as a day (once your initial stack runs out)...

• NfifjeoangNfifjeoang Posts: 1 ✭✭
    #21804 September, 2020, 07:58 am.

Please un-fix the bug! I have been using all books on improving my trace charm, and now its the same as a tonic for trace detection.. What was the point!

• BaluzauBAERerBaluzauBAERer Posts: 15 ✭✭
    edited September 2020 #21904 September, 2020, 07:59 am.

@hpwulola : the trace charm is way too much overpowered. Niantic MUST regulated the Charm! No i don't wanna have back the "Bug", because we all will be too fast LVL 60 and then everybody, who wants back the old charm will crie for new maximum levels.. like in PoGo where the palyers waits now 2 Years for new maximum level......

• LadyofSwanLakeLadyofSwanLake Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #22004 September, 2020, 08:08 am.

Super unhappy with this EPIC nerf. Spent soooo many books on unlocking the path to trace charm upgrades and now the charm is just a pale imitation of Tonic for Trace Detection. I feel like I’ve overpaid for those supposed ‘upgrafes’ Crappy feature. Sure, fix the duplicate of the original trace, but don’t take away the 4+ other high levels!

• SassafrasiSassafrasi Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #22104 September, 2020, 08:09 am.

I play this game for fun. I have rolled with the other glitches and gone on my way. I said: no worries it’s a game. They are doing the best they can. But this is a Trace charm Disaster. I spent a lot of books on SOS lessons toward Trace charm. And now I do not see 1 benefit to having it. It is no different than a Tonic. I would be fine with cutting it back because it was too powerful. But the fix as is is horrible.

• nata147tnata147t Posts: 1
    #22204 September, 2020, 08:14 am.

Trace charm was an amazing feature and the reason why I was still keeping playing this game. Right now after this so-called "fix" I don't see any point in Trace charm at all. There are millions of traces in the wild and we have Tonic for Trace detection. I really don't want to play this game anymore, it gets very boring.

Sincerely yours, nata147t from Belarus.

• AnquietasXAnquietasX Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #22304 September, 2020, 08:25 am.

I feel that a reasonable compromise would be for theh charm to at the very least produce same level traces, even if not duplicates or all the same.

If you leave it as nerfed, you will lose a very large number of players. It's that simple.

• CaeleonCaeleon Posts: 270 ✭✭✭
    #22404 September, 2020, 08:32 am.

A reasonable compromise is that proficiency should work like the description said, give more fragments.

• DuesterlieseDuesterliese Posts: 2
    #22604 September, 2020, 08:38 am.

This is the worst thing you did since HPWU exists. The Trace Charm made this game interesting and funny again. Now it´s comparable to the Trace Tonic and I´m really outraged, that I invested so much resources to skill the Trace Charm. Many more players think the same way and I´m sure if Niantic doesn´t reconsider this decision, many of them will leave.

• 5snaker5snaker Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #22704 September, 2020, 08:52 am.

I'm also getting less traces from a trace charm. Is this another 'bug'?

I don't play 24-7 so I envy those that already got thousands of field guides.

I probably won't bother to try and keep up with SOS training. Wasted too many of my field guides on useless Trace charm efficacy.

• ClanbridgeClanbridge Posts: 1 ✭✭
    #22804 September, 2020, 08:58 am.

this was Realy helpful for people that live out of the big towns and citys but now dont really think it is worth the effort to do the sos training for really no gain. I wasnt useing the other 2 traces as they seem to be pretty much useless.

We could ask for a reset but i dont think it will help as this will still not help people in isolated areas with low spawn rates.

• BubbledorkBubbledork Posts: 4 ✭✭
    #22904 September, 2020, 08:59 am.

How can this clarification after 2 month come out and it basically lied?? It said only the text was wrong not the mechanics.. spent alot of rsb.. feels so much like false advertising!!

Yes it was really op but to have it take two months to even utter a word that this is not how it supposed to be. And then say the text is just wrong. And now take vacation so you think we will cool off until you get back, smart move.

• HypnoticMichaelHypnoticMichael Posts: 72 ✭✭✭
    #23004 September, 2020, 09:04 am.

Me too @5snaker - not only do I get a single trace of the same severity as charmed, on my one attempt (saving others in the hope of a sensible response from on high) the number of immaterial traces was half expectation from my efficacy level.

That said, they’re immaterial currently so on the one hand mean almost nothing and on the other it means the investment of resources has returned doubly nothing!

@hpwulola I would be very grateful of some commentary addressing my earlier thoughts and how we can find a suitable balance rather than overpowered to overnerfed.

• SilverboggleSilverboggle Posts: 6 ✭✭
    #23104 September, 2020, 09:12 am.

"...you discover that it helps you find other, rarer Foundables nearby."

This clearly states that by putting a trace on an orange or red beam TC would help you locate ( spawn) other rarer foundables....which are the red and orange beam ones! I'm not understanding how putting a TC on Professor McGonagall now spawns a Weasley clock, a goblin/ beater, Oscamy eggs and a Firenze. 2 of those foundables litter the map already, and the others aren't red! By all means give us 4/5/6 random red or orange beams, but they should be of the same rarity or else you have misrepresented what the TC does! Had any of us known that the TC would end up spawning more foundable * litter * for us, we would undoubtedly have spent our book resources on other nodes.

I feel so sad that a game I had recently got a new interest in will now probably be retired by degrees for me, as once again game targets will be unreachable (and downright unrealistic wrt DADA books which will clearly take months , or in some cases, years to raise to the levels needed to buy shrapnel that's blocking the path to useful stuff!)

Poor gaming Niantic! 😱😱😱

• SkajraSkajra Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #23204 September, 2020, 09:13 am.

I'm sorry but changing a feature after over a month of it being active and saying "Guys see... It wasn't supposed to work like that from the beginning" it's bull****. U let as spend our resources and time to achieve something we wanted and then out of blue took it away. And what will we get? Another free gift with 4 Ditanny? You're a massive game franchise, with big following and big money behing but you're actions shows that you are less organized and serious then some indie game developers. I'm really disappointed. And not the first time.

• AlfieDieselAlfieDiesel Posts: 1
    #23304 September, 2020, 09:15 am.

I am happy to lose multi of the same foundables. But if i put TC on a red beam i should have 5 etc red beams turn up. This is how i believed it was going to work. We should also keep the duplicate of the original. It cost a lot of books to get to this point and now to only get basic foundables is not fair.

• SolitudesSolitudes Posts: 1
    edited September 2020 #23404 September, 2020, 09:27 am.

i have to say that this is THE WORST fix ever did to this game, period. i lost a lot of time pursuing the path to increase the TC both in numbers and efficiency only to find out that you've nerfed it so badly that now i feel like being visited by Dementors???

you sucked all the fun and joy from this game. Fiancee restarted to play the game because of how useful was TC to advance in game and now she quits again. and i will quit too being sick of these changes and mockery.

why did you do this niantic? you really hate us so much? just why?

• MarDi33MarDi33 Posts: 1
    #23504 September, 2020, 10:09 am.

this is very misleading communication and made many people spend their books on lessons they wouldnt have bought otherwise! there was never any indication that the number of "useable" spawns would decrease so drastically . please fix this!

• CannonFodd3r77CannonFodd3r77 Posts: 2
    edited September 2020 #23604 September, 2020, 10:33 am.

@hpwulola I find the "fix" to be in poor taste, and a complete insult to the community. The player base strategically uses those charms for a reason, and to have what was originally introduced, bug or not, suddenly "fixed" to be far less than what it was in uncalled for. Many players, myself included, worked on our SOS tree specifically to take advantage of the Foundables trace charm, in an effort to level up or hopefully find some of those more elusive red and orange beam Foundables. By throwing a completely random assortment of levels out when you use it, it degrades the feature immensely. Sure, go ahead and let it be random Foundables, but keep them at or above the level that you are. I went from using it on a red beam to get up to 4-5 more red beams to using it on a red beam and if I'm lucky, I may get 2 more red beams. Quantity and Quality both matter, and it feels like Niantic botched this one. Note that I have played Ingress, PoGo, and HPWU, so I've been a Niantic "customer" for quite a while now. "We're sorry" gifts are not an acceptable comprise for this one, we want our feature back.

• OdetshkiOdetshki Posts: 67 ✭✭
    edited September 2020 #23704 September, 2020, 10:33 am.

I'll just copy what I puton fb group today. I put it on a fluffy and got what's in the pic. Before this i would've gotten original, duplicate and two more red beams. Catched one, tried to get the original after that and it said calamity has moved it. So I got 1 friggin fluffy for casting. This thing is utterly useless and I am trying to level up as fast as I can and fill my sos skills, so the charm was really important to me. I think if this continues I just stop playing. I already stopped putting any money on it. This makes me really angry and sad.  Yesterday it changed my orange beamed dark arts trace to normal woww trace. And lost my red beamed mom trace when I was catching time turners it gave me and didn't give it back even at restart. How are these things a fix or giving same level traces?

• NifflersRockNifflersRock Posts: 4 ✭✭
    #23804 September, 2020, 10:40 am.

I have finally started getting additional traces from chests months after completing that SOS task. This morning I used three separate trace charms on orange beacons foundables. All three returned regular level founables with no beacon. Isn't the charm supposed to give you equal of higher level to what you cast it on? If this was part of the fix, it ruins the trace charm completely and makes it useless.

• JoMoeJoMoe Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #23904 September, 2020, 10:45 am.

First proficiency now efficiency? Did any part of this go as planned?

None of us would be bothered about it if you'd changed before releasing it. Instead we used time and resources to unlock what we wanted, only to have the rug pulled out.

I've spent real money on this game but if this is how it's going to be, I won't be spending any more.

• MusicianBryanMusicianBryan Posts: 0
    #24004 September, 2020, 10:51 am.

Completely unacceptable! It’s not even a misunderstanding of how things were supposed to work - it’s blatant lying. I agree with some earlier posters - this is akin to bait-and-switch after we have spent valuable in-game resources and $. They probably won’t listen (“We tried, it’s impossible to reset the things you used up, suck it up”) so yes - rate it as it is, report the app etc. Perhaps then they will sit up and notice.

SHAME on you, WB and Niantic.

• AzaroleAzarole Posts: 6 ✭✭
    #24104 September, 2020, 10:52 am.

Dear HPWU-crew,

For the last few months I've found myself less and less eager to play this game. Lately I decided to only play the brilliant events, just to get the pages complete. The reason is that your gameplay decisions have not improved the game for me and the bugs that came along with it, are just devastating. I (try to) play your games for the fun, not for the frustration. I don't want to be compensated, I want a game that makes me think: "yeah, let's go and play!"

And now you're telling us you've introduced a feature that is dubbed a bug about two months (!!!) after. This leads me to draw the following conclusions:

1. Niantic does not do quality control on their releases;
    2. Niantic Devs and game managers don't play their games and therefore don't know how their developments and bugfixes impact the game.
    3. Niantic cannot design games that are worth spending money on.

Let me ask you two questions, to which I'm hoping but not expecting an answer on: Why should I continue to play your games? And why should I try to make my friends enthusiastic to install your games?