Global Request to keep the effects of the Trace Charm.

Comments

• KatbratKatbrat Posts: 1
    #18204 September, 2020, 05:18 am.

@hpwulola this “fix” is disappointing to say the least. I’m a die hard pogo fan and always tell people if you don’t like this thing niantic did, don’t play then. Only way to make a change is to hurt the pocketbook.

i will continue to play HPWU because I enjoy the game regardless but this really made the game fun and seeing a rare that much more exciting. It’s also very disappointing that you would roll out an update and not field test it adequately. It seems all items associated with the trace charm are/were incorrect. Kinda **** league.

• Ros59Ros59 Posts: 6 ✭✭
    #18304 September, 2020, 05:21 am.

I live in an area that has few Emergency and Sever foundables so the trace charm has helped me progress through pages. Now that I have reached high levels I'm more than happy to take my time with Medium level foundables.

But really!!! Now giving the player lower level foundables rather than equal strength???

Not happy, not happy at all!

• SunsetSapphireSunsetSapphire Posts: 1 ✭✭
    #18404 September, 2020, 05:34 am.

Hello niantic

We appreciate all you do and have appricated how this game was adapted to play at home during this pandemic. However, this "fix" is disappointing and don't agree with this "fix" it was stated in the notes that text would only be affected but not the mechanics. Im not sure if that was a poor choice of words but the "fix" did in fact change the mechanics at least as stated in the update. I understand that you may not want to have so many clones of the same trace but one additional rare seems low but maybe meeting in the middle and having the traces split between common and rare or increase the frequency of getting a trace charm. The change is shocking and disappointing.

• EffaEffa Posts: 18 ✭✭
    #19004 September, 2020, 06:18 am.

As with the proficiency "fix", this would have been a good fix as TC was a bit too powerful and nerfed the game. BUT it should have been found and fixed before release. In addition the communication is sub standard:

From the "TC Clarification post":

"To clarify the above, there will be no changes to the SOS Training mechanics or node bonuses. There will only be changes to the text to reflect the intended benefits. "

Even given the current circumstances, there are tools available for effective communication like Teams, Zoom, Google Meet and I've also heard good things about tools like e-mail and telephone.

Earlier changes have made me question the Quality assurance and internal communication, but as it keeps coming I believe that I was mistaken and that it only is the symptoms from a bad management.

• Sammie444Sammie444 Posts: 9 ✭✭
    #19204 September, 2020, 06:22 am.

To put the TC on a red flare and get a bunch of regular spawns back is useless! The way all the new features have been released has been terrible, with zero testing. I spend half as much time playing the game now as I did a month ago. With this ‘fix’ of the TC I can’t even see a point of searching for flares anymore or using tonics/DD as the TC won’t enhance them.

• KnightbusB27KnightbusB27 Posts: 7 ✭✭
    #19504 September, 2020, 06:32 am.

Sad to see you've ruined what was a great feature if not the best thing since the knightbus, it's not even remotely worth the amount of books needed to upgrade it.

• HypnoticMichaelHypnoticMichael Posts: 34 ✭✭
    #19604 September, 2020, 06:33 am.

In response to Mecks, putting the unhelpful first sentence of your post aside, there is a valid point about the overpowering of something with the potential to take one emergency and spawn another 9 (including the actual duplicate bug, i.e. the original trace respawning sometimes, although I personally like the tidiness of that total number of traces being the base number) each one providing 2 fragments. That’s a lot, although the charm itself is rare. One a day plus the odd drop (and I’ve gone to a hundred trunks between them on occasion). Moreover, there are other solutions as some other comments validly raise (bothering with enjoyable new content for a start). One concern that the current remedy raises for me is that there is one helpful aspect and a lot of (expensive) rubbish, just like the ill-communicated proficiency. I think a better balance could be struck than that. Not 10 emergency traces each yielding some insane number of fragments, but not just one extra either with a mere two fragments, and then no material point to any other upgrades on offer. Either a fixed scaling (4 same threat, 2 one level down, 1 two levels down, 1 three levels down for a max 8 return) or some randomisation that’s at least better balanced. I fully acknowledge the concerns of rural players in particular. I’m not really one myself, but they seem to be a consistently forgotten crowd.

• CaeleonCaeleon Posts: 264 ✭✭✭
    #19804 September, 2020, 06:41 am.

At least with this "fix" , let the proficiency follow the original description... That makes sense.

It sounds now that someone keeps messing up and doesn't have the balls to admit they messed up.

• RCrossWRCrossW Posts: 0
    #19904 September, 2020, 06:42 am.

I believe we should recieve our SOS books back we spent on the trace charm since they were spent under the guise of its functionality being different! I believe niantic have done something seriously underhand! They've also shot themselves in the foot here ahead of the wizarding weekend, I know last wizarding weekend people spent so many potions on the emergency foundables (whomping willow) the trace charm brought and I personally even spent real money to buy more potions!! For a company who wishes to make money they've just got rid of a big money maker!!

#20004 September, 2020, 06:43 am.

@Blesh there was one post from @Mecks That seems to favour the change (although if in a position of having benefited from the old normal to completion, it is quite easy and could be tempting to kick the ladder out behind oneself!) at post #177 to which I responded above.

Did I catch somewhere that the team are also going on a mass vacation? I can’t say I’ve ever worked somewhere that the entire team would vanish together so it’s a seemingly unique management style, and calls into further question the timing!

• Thunder2kThunder2k Posts: 25 ✭✭
    #20104 September, 2020, 06:43 am.

No worries everyone. Soon there will be a free store pack with a handful of books and maybe some Lovage.

If they took back all my treasure chests and trace charm upgrades and gave me back the books and the gold and the potions I invested (not to mention time and effort) it still wouldn't make up for this monumental **** up and lack of good judgement. 2 months they had to tell us things weren't right, I've been planning and preparing for this weekend for 2 weeks and now I don't even care about it. Lost interest completely. I quit Ingress after 3 years at level 15 (rural player) because of the same lack of common sense from NIA. I'm only at level 53 In WU.... I'm mad really really mad. More like disgusted. So is my wife.

• SnitchSewistSnitchSewist Posts: 1
    edited September 4 #20204 September, 2020, 06:47 am.

Between the two sets of changes, players no longer have any reason to have faith that anything they invest in in the game will still matter tomorrow. People spent weeks working on getting extra traces to spawn, only to have those traces now be rendered completely worthless. People likewise spent lots of time and resources advancing charm proficiency based upon the in-game text, assuming that it would be correct.

If it had been precisely communicated early that the traces were supposed to be random and useless and that a change was coming, then it would've been different, we would've known what to expect, and everything would be fine. But no effort was made to communicate that and people's work was stripped away.

If we can't trust either features declared in the actual gameplay mechanics or in the text offered by the game, then there is nothing we can trust and no reason to keep playing and trying to advance, when that advancement could very easily be worthless tomorrow.

• DoxyLolaDoxyLola Posts: 1
    #20404 September, 2020, 07:00 am.

I loved the trace charm as it worked up untill now. Now it's just kind of the same as the Tonic for Trace Detection. I actually thought it was bugged after the first time that it was 'fixed'. Please bring back how it originally worked, or at least that you get orange beams if you put the trace charm on an orange bram (and the same for red and yellow beams). Now it's just not fun anymore.

• PrincesssPennyPrincesssPenny Posts: 1
    #20504 September, 2020, 07:03 am.

Dear Niantic

I love this game and have invested lots of time in it. I love the SOS tree for training and choosing what to spend books on. I was a bit sad to hear proficiency didn't mean what we all thought it meant but still invested lots of my field guides and DADA books in boosting the trace charm based on how it was working in game. To now have something that doesnt match the severity of the trace I use it on makes it less useful than a dark detector or a TTD. If that had always been the case I would have spent my books elsewhere on making potions more efficient or departure denial. Please rethink this nerf, even if you put trace charms in the shop so we can buy them

• MsOYrevivesMsOYrevives Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #20604 September, 2020, 07:09 am.

So many of us spent our hard earned resources on the trace charm, and now you are backtracking the very features that made us want it in the first place. You should let us reset our skill trees and start over.

#20704 September, 2020, 07:16 am.

I wonder if there was an internal disconnect at work here. On the one hand the number of foundables for image placement was reworked for consistency (and many became much reduced) while on the other a trace charm came in that perhaps would have been better balanced against the previous foundable return numbers, and also lots of fun. Of all the aspects to take away in a game, I personally wouldn’t choose the fun. But then I do play golf which at times I’m not entirely sure is about fun at all!

• McFasterMcFaster Posts: 1 ✭✭
    #20804 September, 2020, 07:24 am.

I want all my resources back that I spent on the trace charm tree just to be cheated of all I've worked for to build the best trace charm that can be! I'm so disappointed cos now it's worthless with all the low lvl foundables that appears! At least give us severe or emergency lvl random foundables if we cast it on a red or orange beam!

• VitselyVitsely Posts: 4 ✭✭
    #21004 September, 2020, 07:38 am.

bring back all resources to players and delete\disable bugged SOS trainings