Global Request to keep the effects of the Trace Charm.

Comments

• GreymomentGreymoment Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #15604 September, 2020, 03:21 am.

It was nice while it lasted. Time to purchase game currency on another game. POGO was ruined in a similar way. Very disappointing 😕.

• PsionicsushiPsionicsushi Posts: 4 ✭✭
    #15804 September, 2020, 03:40 am.

Same garbage logic that ruined pokemon for me. Ruin the one fun thing that had been introduced in this game for the last year. I'm always playing 2 accounts, a 31 Magi and 48 Prof. Now is a wonderful time to quit and take my money elsewhere. Reinstating the trace charm exactly how it was 24 hrs ago is the only thing that'll keep me from quitting at this point. Peace

• OGMagusOGMagus Posts: 16 ✭✭
    edited September 4 #16504 September, 2020, 03:59 am.

I guess we will never know if it's actually true that it was a bug, or they are just nerfing because the feature was too powerful/made progress faster than planned. But let's go with the "bug" explanation for now.

This "bug" should be evident to the developers mere hours after it got released: Tons of posts in here and other social media praising this crazy new Trace Charm world. Yet, they say nothing - the earliest I can find is the August 21 update on https://community.harrypotterwizardsunite.com/en/discussion/9143/known-issues

You will notice there a great deal of "known issues", but this is the first time "7. Duplicate Traces revealed by the Trace Charm" is mentioned - it's not in the August 14. update.

I too, would not look forward to telling the community that this "bug" was going away - I get it! But it just seems so UNPROFESSIONAL not to tell the pleayers before, in reality, they already changed the game. To top it off, it happens just before a weekend event where the Trace Charm was to be a big feature for a lot of players - I mean, could you possible make worse communication?

What happened to that posts when SOS launched "Hey guys, great that you enjoy our game but that extra amount is acually a bug and we will fix it. Enjoy it while it lasts - and maybe consider your SOS skill tree choices :) "

Don't the devs know we have to have SOME trust in them to even play?

• ZodrickZodrick Posts: 8 ✭✭
    edited September 4 #16604 September, 2020, 04:09 am.

There are three reasons why I'm deeply upset about this update, to the point where I may stop playing the game unless you roll back the changes. First, you mislead players based on a) your miscommunication about the intended effects of the trace charm and b) how the trace charm behaved for months. So I invested a great deal of time into upgrading parts of the skill tree that are now largely worthless.

Second, without the trace charm's initial behavior, it is now mathematically impossible for me to complete the SOS skill tree within the next few years. The old trace charm revitalized the game for me, giving me something to meaningfully work towards by gaining blue books. I started caring about prestiging pages (because I'd get more blue books from the gold page when I cast a charm) and I started caring about wizarding weekends (to get blue books). ****, I started caring about the SOS training BECAUSE it was a way to improve the trace charm.

Now the game is back to what it was in the summer: a grind without meaningful progress. The trace charm was the single biggest improvement you've made to fix your broken game. You massively increased interest in the community. And now you broke it!!! Long term players, who are your main source of revenue (I assume), were already upset by the bugs, server problems, bad communication, etc. But we were sticking around in part because you introduced an update that was awesome largely because of the new trace charm mechanics. But you scrapped it after (unintentionally, I'm sure) deceiving us.

Y'all are going to lose your player base; this is the biggest factor in accelerating that loss. Please listen to this round of complaints. I want this game to remain healthy because it's got so much potential. But this is a terrible choice that, unless you did it, may do irrevocable damage to your reputation in the WU community.

• SpahzSpahz Posts: 115 ✭✭
    #16804 September, 2020, 04:19 am.

ugg, well so much for that!

Knew it was too good to be true

As a QE this app is irritating

Empathy for those who spent real money

Might be time for a change

• mysterymeowmysterymeow Posts: 8 ✭✭
    #17004 September, 2020, 04:21 am.

The trace charm has been great how it is Specifically saved to use to duplicate those rare traces you need.

• JonasMeyerJonasMeyer Posts: 13 ✭✭
    edited September 4 #17304 September, 2020, 04:38 am.

Niantic chose the worst way to "fix" the bug... they could add levels to the game if the problem is "getting too fast to lv. 60", or add a sapphire frame or something to the prestige system... they could make the "clone bug" a feature in all the events, or only the brilliant ones... but NO, they just "fixed" it without any appropriate communitation ONE DAY before a Wizarding Weekend... really stupid move, I guess...

• NookemsNookems Posts: 1
    #17704 September, 2020, 04:56 am.

This is riddiculous, first the proficiency was nerfed, and now this. If you nerf one thing and not the other, then it's still within reasons, but nerfing both when people has invested so many green books and FG/MM into them is just lame. Considering if people know how bad it would become, they probably would've avoided those nodes.

Also, some of the skills takes such an ridiculous amount of resources just to get in order to continue down the skill tree while being a useless skill, eg. "Southern Cookin'" that skills takes 1818 FG to complete and yet all it gives is partner inn boost when most countries doesn't even have partner inn. So with the nerfed TC, you're asking people to spend months just to grind that one useless skill, which will demotivate and make people lose interest in the game.

• MecksMecks Posts: 7 ✭✭
    edited September 4 #18004 September, 2020, 05:05 am.

The Trace Charm as it was, was way overpowered and unbalanced comparing to any other node. Think about it - with one Charm placed on Emergency Trace you could easily place one or two rare images in the registry, which then, with a proper SOS tree development, would give you a pretty good chance of getting the Charm back. The way it's now, it's much more balanced. Everyone says they would spend the books in a different way. What would you spend them on? On 1% higher chance of departure denial? Or 3% faster Dawdle Draught brew?

It's going to be a very unpopular opinion, but trust me when I tell you, Trace Charm, together with XP from chests and extended Barrufio kinda ruined the game for me. I went from L55 to L60 faster than from L35 to L40. Now at L60, with all registry pages gold, I pretty much stopped playing because there's not much left to work for. Enjoy your game while you can, it really should be a marathon, not a sprint, because you will only end up bored that much faster...

Post edited by HPWUblue on
  • ni0hni0h Posts: 19 ✭✭
    #18104 September, 2020, 05:16 am.

I wondered **** was going on.

it was really big, compared to the pointless inn and greenhouse charms so the excuse is plausible, but dammit, guys hire someone who can communicate and let him read over your words before you send them out, in announcements AND in the game.