Global Request to keep the effects of the Trace Charm.

Comments

• 0ppp90ppp9 Posts: 6 ✭✭
    edited September 3 #4003 September, 2020, 11:04 pm.
    This change to the trace charm gives reasons for disillusionment because the duplication I still admit now to lower traces this is poorly done, especially since there is a research to give superior traces. 
    Basically you started putting players to invest and now comes the regret because it was investing in vain. 
    Consider the trace charm better because it looks really bad now. 
    This is making fun of customers (players). 
    So there is no reason to want to use the charm and it was a really cool new facet. 

• OnzLaughTOnzLaughT Posts: 1 ✭✭
    #4303 September, 2020, 11:05 pm.

WU: "Sorry about this issue: 2 DaDas + 5 ditany for everyone"

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz............

• HypnoticMichaelHypnoticMichael Posts: 34 ✭✭
    #4403 September, 2020, 11:05 pm.

I’ve commented elsewhere about the functionality problems so I’ll spare that diatribe here.

More pressingly I think is that the previous working of the trace charm (and I don’t assess that there would be anywhere near this level of discontent if the traces that spawned were at least the same severity as the original trace) also encouraged use of dark detectors and potions.

I couldn’t keep up with exstimulo potion brewing without using the golden cauldron (and even then... raising the question of outright buying pots) and that’s before I protected myself from frustration with dawdle draughts. Meanwhile, placing dark detectors to get an emergency trace that could then be charmed hugely encouraged the use of detectors which, again, can be bought with gold and can’t be kept up with through other free means. Speaking to some fellow players, all that prospective revenue stream is now gone.

Aside from the well-covered slap in the face to the player base, it seems the game staff have rather shot themselves in the foot here!

#4703 September, 2020, 11:08 pm.

My comment seems to be too valid to be allowed to post it!

• 0ppp90ppp9 Posts: 6 ✭✭
    #4903 September, 2020, 11:11 pm.

This change to the trace charm gives reasons for disillusionment because the duplication I still admit now to lower traces this is poorly done, especially since there is a research to give superior traces. Basically you started putting players to invest and now comes the regret because it was investing in vain. Consider the trace charm better because it looks really bad now. This is making fun of customers (players). So there is no reason to want to use the charm and it was a really cool new facet. 

• wasteland44wasteland44 Posts: 7 ✭✭
    edited September 3 #5003 September, 2020, 11:11 pm.

We need clarification if the rarity of the spawned traces is correct. Shouldn't they be the same as the original trace it is cast on with a chance for some of them to be higher with "knowledge is power"? Why is only one higher/the same and everything else common spawns?

#5103 September, 2020, 11:16 pm.

Trying again...

The previous working of the trace charm also encouraged use of dark detectors and potions.

I could not keep up with potion brewing without using the golden cauldron (and even then... raising the question of outright buying potions). Meanwhile, dark detectors were popular to get an emergency trace that could then be charmed, And again, these can be bought with gold not kept up with through other free means. Speaking to some fellow players, all that prospective revenue stream is now gone.

Aside from the well-covered slap in the face to the player base, it seems the game staff have rather shot themselves in the foot here!

I doubt there would be anywhere near this level of discontent if the traces that spawned were at least the same severity as the original trace and that would be a clear way to recover the lost ground in prospective income.

#5203 September, 2020, 11:18 pm.

This was much better reasoned but as the forum won’t even post that comment, use of dark detectors and potions (purchaseable with real money) was strongly encouraged by previous TC working. That’s gone now which makes this seem a curious decision!

• RaventhorpeRaventhorpe Posts: 9 ✭✭
    #5603 September, 2020, 11:30 pm.

I can understand limiting fragments (really even 3 when it's spawning all the same traces is too much), but calling that a "bug" was tenuous at best. Call it what it was, a balance fix. I can understand making the spawned traces not all be the same, though again, it's not really a "bug," but a balance fix.

However, based on the way things are written in-game, there's ZERO reason to believe spawned traces should be lower level than the original. They should all be the same level as the original or higher with the proper node. And if you call this a "bug fix," it's the most disingenuous use of that term yet. If you're not going to roll this back, call it what it is: a massive nerf. Okay. "balance fix."

But if that's what you're going to do, you absolutely need to just suck it up and give all players a full refund of what they've spent on the SOS tree (it shouldn't be hard) so they can choose different paths based on how you NOW want things to work. A couple of books and some ingredients, no matter how rare, is insufficient.

Make no mistake, Niantic. You're probably going to lose players over this no matter what you do. If you can't have things working close to how they should be before releasing them, don't release them. Minor balance tweaks can be necessary, but none of what you've done to the Trace Charm since it has released has been minor.