Global Request to keep the effects of the Trace Charm.

18910111214»

Comments

• Yohanes12Yohanes12 Posts: 136 ✭✭
    #39207 September, 2020, 09:13 am.

@Bomath this is random trace charm. If you want more lucky, upgrade your trace charm efficiancy to get more red trace.

• LaughingWithLizLaughingWithLiz Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #39307 September, 2020, 09:49 am.

Same level severity. Different spawns. That’s all we ask.

• DrakoniteDrakonite Posts: 336 ✭✭✭
    #39407 September, 2020, 10:32 am.

doesnt work like that anymore, efficacy is shot to **** after the recent 'fix' you only get 1 (original) + 1 and the rest are non beams @Yohanes12

• FlottingtonFlottington Posts: 1 ✭✭
    #39507 September, 2020, 11:15 am.

I must confess, when I saw how strong the origonal trace charm was, I was more than and I think, Ibwas not the only one. I saw, that it was even possible to fill a rare items register with one charm. I can accept, that you had to make it weaker. But we player trusted on what you said and spended our book in leveling this skills up. All we get now from this is a hand full of items, that we can find on the street. I dont understand, why there is just black or white steong or weak. Why is it not possible to lower the traces or the level of the items,but still cive the players attractive results. BECAUSE they payed with books. I for myseöf have at the moment the feeling, you stole from me, because i would not have taken this skills, if i would have known. The minimum should be a refund of books, a reset of the SOS Skills or a solution that is somewhere in the middle of both parties. If it stays like this, I think about quiting the game, because I feel tricked. Dont want anything for free, but im spending real money on this game and dont want to be fooled, just because you can not rhink before, hiw you want to arrange your game. Joerg Floettl from Germany (Flottington)

• Beethovens5thBeethovens5th Posts: 17 ✭✭
    #39607 September, 2020, 12:13 pm.

This change is ****. I don't want X amount of traces I want the type I put it on. If they are red streamers I want red streamers to spawn otherwise **** is the point? I'm not spending any more cash on this game. Hubby's stopped playing altogether as this change was the final nail for him.

In future don't release new things of you can't get it right. The spawning of multiple traces of the type the charm placed on was one of the few things that kept me playing... Getting a little over all these changes with SOS lessons and what we thought we were getting to what we now do . Not happy

• EdrayfEdrayf Posts: 12 ✭✭
    edited September 7 #39707 September, 2020, 12:48 pm.

The problem now is 2fold:

1/ Most people invested non-farmable resources, as there was no communication for over a month that this is not how it was meant to be

2/ efficacy (and proficiency) are too expensive for what they're worth, especially now that said resources have been invested and thus lost

Proposed solutions:

1/ I don't think a whole refund or reset is viable solution for the first. Since we have benefited from the bug, we'd need to return those resources that we got thru the bug, and unlearn those lessons, too. Resetting the whole sos training tree and resources, and starting from fresh with the initial resources and the RSB/DADA gotten since, could be viable, but wouldn't be welcome.

So the usual "make good pkg", as long as it has about 15 RSB's are kind of an acceptable compromise

2/ As for the efficacy to mean anything, we need to be able to control or at least influence somehow the traces appearing by our selection on what we use the TC on. Some ideas:

• Event trace would bring mostly event traces;
    • Greater likelihood of same family;
    • Greater likelihood of traces guarded by the same confoundable;

This way it could be used to increase your chances in your hunt for missing traces, or farming fxp/runestones for a given family, giving it some limited usefulness, while not making it OP.

Furthermore, if the probability of revealing high or even severe traces were increased, based on how rare or high level trace it was used on. It should pick traces from DD/Tonic pool as opposed to general population.

edit: actually, before it came out, I'd hoped that it would work like that.

#39807 September, 2020, 01:59 pm.

15 rsbs? no. it is not acceptable, at least 150 rsbs and over 50 dadas. To everyone.

as for 2: nothing short of a random selection of same or higher threat lvl spawns even if 'random' (not all the same). Anything less is not acceptable.

#39907 September, 2020, 02:01 pm.

same family and/or same event and/or same confoudable tell me nothing. It needs to have same or higher threat lvl even if not duplicates of the original. Or better yet as it was before the nerf.

• WitchHikerWitchHiker Posts: 209 ✭✭✭
    edited September 8 #40008 September, 2020, 02:15 am.

I agree with all of you!

Very poor form @HPWUTeam & Niantic!

ANYTHING that Benefits US, too much

is now considered a bug!!

Last year, your so called gifts included gold, potions, keys...not ingredients to make your own, which is all you seem to want to give. Last year, ingredients on the map were easier to find, I never had to ‘grow’ anything.

Oh wait, ya that’s right, you were NOT making any $$ that way. Greedy B*trds!!

Guess this explains why using TC recently was only giving maybe 2 high value traces as opposed to the 6-8 high values at launch.

How about this @HPWUTeam, why not just give us part II & part III profession lesson plans. Keep it like it was, just give part II & III

and convert these SOS books back into scrolls, spell books and RSB’s.

Call it a learning experience and let us all get back to playing the game the way we grew to love it.

I can attest that before Covid, I received much better, direct response to concerns, glitches and bugs when reporting through the game as opposed to trying to get them to acknowledge anything through HPWU.

#40108 September, 2020, 02:39 am.

Warner Brothers. Well that explains it.

EVERYTHING WB owns changes for the worst. They now own right to Polar Express and have severely crippled those non-profits attempting to produce a PE ride at Christmas by demanding royalty fees be paid. Really? They’re a ‘non-profit’!!!

So why should we expect them to play fair with us here in this game??

#40208 September, 2020, 02:55 am.

@HypnoticMichael

Guess you proved ‘truth hurts’. Lol.

@HPWUTeam can’t you see/agree that the way the TC WAS before you did the bait n switch

was causing many previously bored players to gain new interest therefor spending more $$$

Your bait n switch just dammed up your cash flow and alienated the cash-cows.

• cosk62cosk62 Posts: 102 ✭✭✭
    #40308 September, 2020, 02:58 am.

I got more than half of Field Guides and Ministry Manuals needed for SOS training in less than 2 months. My guess is that about a half of them were from the Trace Charm.

I think that this content was designed to last about a year, so 2 months is way too fast. I am OK with the nerf.

• Benb2Benb2 Posts: 11 ✭✭
    #40408 September, 2020, 03:17 am.

I agree..keep it as it was

#40508 September, 2020, 03:29 am.

Maybe this explains the issue.

According to reporting by Bloomberg:

*'AT&T Inc. has removed its Warner Bros. video-game business from the list of noncore assets up for sale, deciding it was too valuable to unload during its effort to pay down debt and streamline, according to people familiar with the situation'*

To understand the story it's important to know a little of the background information: HPWU is developed by WB Games San Francisco (under the Portkey Games brand) which is ultimately owned by AT&T.

Businesses up for sale *typically* hold back on investments (developing new stuff, hiring staff, new facilities etc.) even if this has a short term negative impact on the organisation to make the sale appear more attractive; even rumours of a sale can unsettle staff and cause them to look for work elsewhere, all of which can have a negative impact on the organisation and products it produces.

If the news that the sale is off is true this should be good for HPWU especially as it keeps the IP largely within the same organisation; if this were not the case then additional content such as adding new characters could be limited by the terms if the sale and complex licence agreements.

<https://www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/articles/2020-09-01/at-t-is-said-to-scrap-sale-of-warner-bros-video-game-unit>

#40608 September, 2020, 07:53 am.

@WITCHHIKER before covid we had an actual CM, Fazes. She quit and now we just have messengers, lola robert etc who just do the bare minimum.....

#40708 September, 2020, 07:54 am.

Id have prefered if WB games division had been sold off to EA, Microsoft or ubisoft or something, actual gaming companies. EA might be monetising everything but at least they know how to develop a freaking game.

• caitie68caitie68 Posts: 18 ✭✭
    #40808 September, 2020, 02:59 pm.

I'm glad you rebalanced it. I was spending way too much, it was a pretty intense feature, it's good that wasn't the plan. It was also a rich get richer feature, people further along in the game got to advance at great speed leaving others further and further behind.

I'm still annoyed. The communication problems. The bad programming. The very bad programming practice of not double and triple checking text calls before using them which is absolutely %$&†%$ing endemic in this game. The fact that the support people don't have access to good information (saying the herd immunity is only meant to be accessed from the left because it is currently only accessable from the left is amazing logic in the context of such a badly broken feature). The fact that the lovely creative game design and visual design mean nothing to the programmers or support people. The fact there's an event starting in few hours and you haven't sent out a news report as the which eggs are in which coloured box. The frustrations are freaking endless. The change in the last six months from very precise language use to very hard to understand loose use of terms that were previously tightly defined, like you had a massive staff turn over near the anniversary, or you're under new management, or something. Freaking endless.

#40908 September, 2020, 04:02 pm.

@caitie68 and no it was fine as it was and just abt the only interesting thing in the game, their rebalancing it has ruined it and the game.

• SerPouncerSerPouncer Posts: 2
    #41008 September, 2020, 06:30 pm.

Undoubtedly the decision to basically nerf Trace Charm does makes sense as it was a bit too powerful. Still, I have real doubts with the current "explanation" that it was intended to be as the corrected version for a few reasons. First, as others pointed out, just last week it was stated during the text error announcement that there were to be no changes in how it performed. Secondly, you'd have thought it was play tested sufficiently so that this major error would not occur and lastly, the way Trace Charm plays out currently is a total waste. I cannot believe for a second that this was ever envisioned as anything desirable.

The solution , to me is two fold. First, without a doubt you should allow players a one time reset of SOS spending. Spending rare DADA books on the Trace Charm tree was/is a total waste as it had moved from super powerful to nearly useless with this change. Secondly, you will probably find virtually no one rebuying into the Trace Charm tree until you tweak it. I'd say that you'd have to (at least) have it only reproduce rare traces (not necessarily dupes) and or maybe some uncommons (maybe 50/50), certainly NOT ANY common traces. That makes it less powerful but not useless.

I'm happy that the developers are listening, hopefully you will act on at least this type of compromise quickly before further bad will develops in the forums. Its a shame as the game was really moving ahead with some great new features and to lose that type of momentum over something like this quickly doesn't make sense to me.

• Emberclaw44Emberclaw44 Posts: 1
    #41108 September, 2020, 06:32 pm.

Players have spent the better part of 2 months evolving their skill tree with a certain strategy and planning behind it. With this latest change to the Trace Charm, it completely negates that strategy and is a huge slap in the face. Not to mention how many materials (100's of FG and MM at the very least) have been sunk into TC and TC related nodes (i.e. Trunks with an increased rate of TC drop) that no longer serve the same purpose as they had for almost 2 months. If anything, this new change seems more like a "bug" than the original rollout.

• Paladin34Paladin34 Posts: 1 ✭✭
    #41208 September, 2020, 09:37 pm.

Is this doesn't change back it's just another Tonic for Trace detection\Dark Detector. This is the best thing released for a long time, don't ruin it

• Pattycakes8Pattycakes8 Posts: 1 ✭✭
    #41308 September, 2020, 09:42 pm.

Completely agree with all the comments about bringing back the "glitch." It was one of the only ways I had to reliably grind through prestiging rare stuff to get Ministry Manuals, which you need crazy amounts of to get through the SOS training. It also made it fun to find rare stuff because you knew you could get a ton more rare stuff at the same time. I was getting 3-4 additional emergency spawns when I used the trace on an emergency foundable. Now it's just an extra couple of fragments and then common **** no one cares about. Seriously killed my excitement about the potential in powering up the trace charm, which was the most exciting part of the recent updates.

#41408 September, 2020, 10:02 pm.

no its not another dark detector, dark detectors when placed x3 per inn and w 3+ inns at same time, reveal mostly orange/reds. this is a crappier version of a ttd.

• Ravengurl1018Ravengurl1018 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #41509 September, 2020, 01:12 am.

Even if the foundable is not a duplicate, the level of severity should remain the same! (I.e. red gives red traces, orange gives orange, etc)

• OwlxOwlx Posts: 985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #41610 September, 2020, 12:05 am.

Disclosure i have not read this whole thread. On 1 hand , Yes it would be great to keep the Trace Charm as is on the other hand it felt like it was un-naturally speeding the game to a hard end.

I found this article in my news feed and felt like it was worth sharing here.

• Delirium23Delirium23 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #41710 September, 2020, 02:46 am.

@Owlx I read the article. She lost me when she started trying to promote herself into the job .

I can understand her point about not getting nasty with the devs, but our points are valid as well. We were nerfed, and the current TC is utterly pointless.

#41810 September, 2020, 06:36 am.

that's what she always tries to do, and the influencers of this game have long since failed the community. Also, yes the trace charm as it was was speeding up the game's end, but the again the game has no end (game), also it was like that for 40+ days, so no its not a bug, you dont allow this to conitnue for 40+ days w/o any kind of communication. It wasnt a bug, it was a nerf and it must be replaced to how it was, HPWU is a mobile game, most dont last for a year much less 5 or 10, it'd end at some point anyways and it will, it'll be a **** of a lot sooner if they continue these abominable tactics. Neither WU nor niantic are w/o competition.

#41914 September, 2020, 03:44 am.

How could developers NOT be aware of a ‘bug’ that went on for 45 days??

Answer...because it was NOT a bug, it was intended-until they realized they were ‘giving something away for free’

In any business dealing, anyone pulling Niantics ‘Trace charm swindle’ would be out of business and most likely land in front of a judge.

• LologueLologue Posts: 7 ✭✭
    #42016 September, 2020, 04:39 am.

As it is now, it's no better than trace tonic or dark detector.

Actually, since most spawns, aside from 1 or 2, are low to med, a dark detector is better.

If you want to cut something, cut number of DADA required, or stop being so stingy with them. 10 a month when up to 70 could be required.

This was not well thought out. Players will quit of frustration.

There are so many other bugs to fix. Focus on that.

#42116 September, 2020, 06:25 am.

dark detectors are infinitely better than this **** when you pile 3 of tem in an inn (otherwise theyre not worth shiz) times at least 3-4 inns. Do 3 dds x4 inns and I get only orange and red beams.