Global Request to keep the effects of the Trace Charm.

Comments

• PondripplePondripple Posts: 27 ✭✭
    #33805 September, 2020, 12:30 am.

Put the trace charm back as it was please. If we charm an emergency level trace we meed to see emergency traces in return. Not traces we see everyday and prestiged to gold a year ago.... pointless and demotivating. Games are supposed to be fun.

• goshe7goshe7 Posts: 17 ✭✭
    edited September 2020 #33905 September, 2020, 01:01 am.

I haven't seen it mentioned much, but the alternative is fixing trace appearances. Many people were enjoying finally getting to prestige pages and earn field guides at a good rate. There isn't a need for me to get 16 young Harry Potters on a trace charm unless I only see one every 3 months.

I can honestly see where I would be happy with 4 fragments of a specific rare trace per charm if I knew it wasn't going to be my quarterly chance to make any progress towards prestiging a page.

• rocketjrocketj Posts: 64 ✭✭✭
    #34005 September, 2020, 01:07 am.

Thank for the detailed explanation on why trace charm was fixed. Please continue to post explanations of design decisions.

Time to move on to dragons!

• MelanieblaineMelanieblaine Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #34205 September, 2020, 01:19 am.

Switching the the charm is no different to using the tonic. Please switch it back. If I wanted more medium and low common level traces I would use a tonic in the first place!

• HypnoticMichaelHypnoticMichael Posts: 72 ✭✭✭
    #34605 September, 2020, 03:46 am.

While I welcome the long-awaited return of dragons, given the stubborn maintenance of the “this puts us back on plan” mantra, I remain perplexed and concerned about the reluctance to offer a respec feature or even a one-off. A compelling case has been made for all the reasons both here and in the explanatory thread before that was eerily subjected to censoring and the player base allowed to continue feeling robbed by a re-vamped return that simply isn’t commensurate with - what was needed to unlock it (and I target the RSBs here mainly as they could be deployed in other ways to try to provide a player with some fun. I had been saving RSBs up with a view to adding a profession when I had enough to “one shot” it, and enjoying learning how to battle fortresses as a different class. The disappointment that now felt by players who had to pour these very hard to come by resources into something else (using DADA books alone for SOS Training would have been a much more appropriate and accessible mechanic that, to consider @hpwulola ’s defence of needing to control progression, offered such control absolutely, being an entirely new and limited resource) was in part salvaged by the fun of what I could then do having had to spend a lot of them. Now I, and I’m sure many others, are left with neither aspect of enjoyment and are denied even the chance to try to recapture one. The decision-making process at work here is challenging to follow in the extreme, especially as, returning to the apparent justification-after-the-fact, a respec doesn’t advance a player’s progression (though it could be used to improve it in the future), it simply maintains the current position reached and permits a rearrangement of how that’s executed.

Another way of looking at this? If I had made an error, let alone a series of them, that meant I ended up with something that someone else had worked for, inadvertently under false pretences (as I don’t doubt the innocence if eminently avoidable/negligent nature of the mistakes by the game’s producers in this instance), the very least I would do is offer to give that something back when the error was pointed out - that’s just being a decent human being.

• DrakoniteDrakonite Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #34705 September, 2020, 06:36 am.

@hpwulola @HPWUTeam everything you just said in "A message on recent changes to the Trace Charm" announcement is a complete load of bull, make the trace charm as it was or prepare to face boycott and/or massive playership exodus. Enough is enough, oh yes and dragon event is a cheap bribe effort, to 'rebalance' your 'trace charm fix' (MASSIVE NERF) we require at the very least 2nd and 3rd profession plans for all 3 professions. Nothing less..

• TheBroadwayBarbTheBroadwayBarb Posts: 1
    #34805 September, 2020, 07:27 am.

Please keep the trace charm as it was. The excitement of finding a very very rare foundable and being able to create multiples so that there would be hope of finally presenting a page is so exciting. I have playing since June 2019 level 52 and TC has really revived my interest in the pages I used to pass on because the rare item would never show in enough quantity to justify using spenergy on Anything on that page because it would never prestige. BYW still awaiting Harry from Legends page....

• jeunjijeunji Posts: 18 ✭✭
    #34905 September, 2020, 07:33 am.

@Drakonite but a lot still will play

• mardybumxmardybumx Posts: 1 ✭✭
    #35005 September, 2020, 08:24 am.

Please don't remove it. I've spent my precious books on unlocking all those lessons and it's the main thing which is actually helping me progress properly.

• IsThisMajorTomIsThisMajorTom Posts: 62 ✭✭✭
    #35105 September, 2020, 08:25 am.

"To clarify the above, there will be no changes to the SOS Training mechanics or node bonuses. There will only be changes to the text to reflect the intended benefits."

What I still see is how you still haven't answered to people asking about what was written here.

This just goes to show the lack of honesty the team has with its players. Don't convey it has bug fixing. You just conned your playerbase. And you don't even offer a refund of what they spent, you just throw a dragon bait and wait for all the players to sweet bite it while your better communication skills and transparency closes threads.

I can't even think about opening the game without feeling obnoxious about it. You are not to be trusted with words you give, my time, my money, my have fun time out.

• fourplus4fourplus4 Posts: 110 ✭✭✭
    #35305 September, 2020, 09:22 am.

Dittany make up gift would be nice

• TiggerRachelTiggerRachel Posts: 1 ✭✭
    #35405 September, 2020, 09:25 am.

This is very poor. The trace charm has been made almost useless now. Please reconsider. I’ve spent lots on this in my sos tree including green books which I wouldn’t have done otherwise.

Please also think about testing better before release. Every single release has multiple bugs. This really shouldn’t be happening.

And also get someone to proof read so you don’t have to change all the wording. It’s really basic stuff you getting wrong.

#35505 September, 2020, 09:32 am.

it boils down to this (for them): they dont have the staff to create content fast enough, b/c the game's a flop that's not creating enough revenue to justify hiring extra staff (hiring freeze for months now). So, the Trace charm was overpowered off the chart and ppl have been getting finished with their sos trees other than the time gated nodes (rsbs/dadas) so they/we have been demanding more ways to earn those time gated currencies, and more of them in the monthly events. They cannot do that b/c then an increasing amount of players will finish sos tasks in 6-18 months and they dont have the staff to create content fast enough so either way, either by ppl finishing stuff too fast and them not having new content, or by no new content and current one dragging on for years (ie: 5-10 years for sos trees completion), ppl are going to get bored and leave, they are between a rock and a hard place and unless the hiring freeze is lifted that is a dead end (for them) that is not going to change so they have but one option left: anything that allows/helps players progress too fast remove it.

I can fully see them removing the Knight bus if/when the new profession lesson plans are released and players start maxing them out within 2-3 months b/c they can group-fort all day long for the non-rsbs/dadas currencies, be it scrolls/reds or new ones. They say KB is there to stay, but do you trust them at this point? I know I dont in any shape, form or way. Just like they 'excused' the trace charm nerf w 'bugs and typos' they can then justify KB removal with "covid's almost gone (even if its not, trump's shown us the truth can be denied w/o care or remorse), so now that y'all can go out and walk you dont need the KB, you can form real groups". (I dont have inside info, I have no idea if this is going to happen, just giving a potential example how they may 'nerf' something b/c its allowing us to progress too fast/faster than they like).

So it boils down to this (for us): this is a flop game and a disaster of a development, it is going stale if its not already, and they dont have the revenue/income to justify increase staff in dev team, and so they are in a spiraling foul circle (bad dev leads to less players leads to less revenue leads to less devs leads to worse dev leads to etc), the game's going to die and it wont be in 5 years as they originally intended (the game has a 5 year plan), they are throwing spaghetti on the walls hoping something'll stick and from that employee leak a few months back (may) (glass door) we know 'they know wu is a flop but they'll keep it up as long as they can milk it'. So, if you, like me, want to have something to do whilst walking/jogging w/o any expectations of this game actually improving and the team starting to listen to us, stay (at least until something better's found, maybe witcher? not going to catan wu was my 1st and last niantic dev'ed/supported game, even if they only gave the pois network db, their reputation is mired even if WB is to blame mostly for WU).

If not, via con dios, best of luck in your endeavours, WU's not something you should be a part of, imo, it'll only continue to provide you with frustration and grief and increasingly decreased fun/entertainment. Ik im only waiting for something else to come my way before uninstalling.

• AmaniKilaAmaniKila Posts: 1 ✭✭
    #35705 September, 2020, 10:12 am.

Please do not fix the efficacy 'bug' that did not seem to be a bug at all for months. Maybe fix the proficiency bug instead?

If it was not meant to be all duplicates that arise from the trace charm, at least leave the level of the traces that spawn from it to be the same as it was?

If this really was a bug from the start, why not communicate this sooner but instead wait for people to invest in it based on what they see in the game? Many players invested first in proficiency to be disappointed as this out this turned out to be useless and then invested in efficacy to now too have this rendered basically worthless.

#35905 September, 2020, 11:50 am.

they wont do that, and considering the fix after fix after fix that took almost a month and a half the last time they messed with a live database in May after the registry foundables update....I dont want them to either, it'll only lead to ppl getting less or no currencies and it'll be a mess that'll only make things intensely worse as the loss of dozens, hundreds or thousands of guides/manuals/rsbs/dadas will only pile on the hurt feelings everyone's got now. Additionally we know the sos trees are bugged, nodes that dont unlock as they should, nodes that dont function as they should, what if resetting them breaks them further as well as losing currencies? Then leading to further bugs in the trees that they end up fixing in ways we dont like? Further fixes that negate our fun in the game? Potion brew decreases that dont happen, mastery lvls and depart rates that dont increase/decrease, and so on? Yes, I believe they are that 'useless', they have shown and displayed that. We have spent currencies in ways that we'd not have and we'd like them back, but in the end weren't we gonna finish up the trees anyways? I know I intent to if I dont stop playing the game and uninstall it so....I dont want them to reset the trees with completely unforeseeable results. I'd much prefer them they give an actually good gift in diagon alley w a couple dosen dada and rsbs as well as...say 100 gold or something, about 20 runes of each family and call it a day. They won't do that either they'll give 1-2 dada/rsb and a few dittany, but at least either of those doesnt create additional bugs.

• rocketjrocketj Posts: 64 ✭✭✭
    #36005 September, 2020, 12:04 pm.

Do you have a link to the employee leak you are talking about @Drakonite ?

#36105 September, 2020, 12:09 pm.

look under:

"Poor/false culture and too much politics. Only join if you cannot get similar pay elsewhere."

https://tinyurl.com/yxosrnll

theyre mostly referring to pogo/niantic but there's a jab at the end abt march 2019 and how 'wu being majorly sub-par hurts niantic's bottomline even if WB's mostly to blame for it'

they also say how niantic likes to ignore player feedback (mostly pogo) and how he was punished for bringing forth player concerns in meetings, and so on. Admittedly it is mostly niantic when WU's mostly WB, but it gives an idea of what's going on behind the curtains.