Global Request to keep the effects of the Trace Charm.

Comments

• DarthFixerDarthFixer Posts: 5 ✭✭
    edited September 2020 #30204 September, 2020, 03:44 pm.

I only drink the tonic for trace detection potion when an event requires it for a specific part of the event or needs a lot of xp for that event. it's just not worth my brew time. Seeing that this was helping us in lower trace areas... most of us don't live in high population cities and my nearest inn is about 2 miles away... I only get to go once a week when I go out for a Dr appt ad so the inn charm and Greenhouse charms are useless to me and also that's where all of the spawns are so nerfing such a needed thing like this is heartbreaking.😪😭😤

And as a result the trunks spawning the books is now nerfed as well since we won't be placing traces into their frames as much. SOS leveling and even class leveling just got harder.

• frollyfrolly Posts: 1 ✭✭
    #30404 September, 2020, 04:13 pm.

I used the charm today and only recieved 3 traces.

I have been receiving 6 to 8 . maybe I had been lucky but with the reduction in value of cloned traces and the reduced quantity,

this is very off putting.

and yes I did restart the game!

Reinstate the Trace Charm to it's original form!

• KingeibnKingeibn Posts: 1
    #30504 September, 2020, 04:27 pm.

Dear Niantics,

I appreciate all the hard work that you all do to make this game enjoyable. I live in a well populated Wizarding area and spawns are not an issue but I have visted friends while playing and the spawn rates are low. I think leaving the trace charm just as it is is better for those areas and play as a whole. It is fun.

• Medved2Medved2 Posts: 4 ✭✭
    #30604 September, 2020, 04:28 pm.

I rarely got the exact duplicate of the trace I put the charm on. It was several traces of the same threat level. I was happy with that. Great source of Field Guides. The emergency fragments were great too but more and more of them are reaching the "gold & placed" state and becoming less interesting. Oh, I almost forgot to mention that often the other spawns vanished after I got back the first one. :-(

Now I put my Trace Charm on an emergency and get one more emergency (duplicate), if I get the current state of things. I guess it was "too good to be true" so it needed to be fixed. Now the Trace Charm ceases to be exciting and motivating people to play. The FG amounts seem like a joke to me now. I am definitely going to slow down with the game. Maybe it is Nia's way of telling people to spend more time with their friends and families. :D

• MrsZoomMrsZoom Posts: 2
    edited September 2020 #30704 September, 2020, 04:29 pm.

In reading through all the disappointment expressed here I noticed something. All the ire is being directed at Niantic (valid, it’s their programming) but HP is ultimately a Warner Bros property. If this weren’t a HP themed game I know I wouldn’t have started playing.

• WillowykWillowyk Posts: 15 ✭✭
    #30804 September, 2020, 04:34 pm.

I joined today specifically to comment on this "fix".

I never use potions unless I'm required to for a task. A really good Wizard shouldn't need to use potions IMO. I am rural gamer on immuno suppressive medication. I don't go out unless I have to. I certainly don't go out just to use a green house or inn. Those are useless to me.

Nerfing the Trace charm? Why bother using it now?

With all the positive changes in this game it has become my primary game. I never play ingress anymore, I rarely open PokemonGo, but I've been opening HPWU multiple times a day.

Why do you want to discourage me from wanting to play?

Looking at the SOS I know there is a wall of books I don't have that I'm about to hit and you've just made that even higher. It appears unsurmountable now?

Sunk Cost Fallacy ....should I quit now?

• NotNikki123NotNikki123 Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #31004 September, 2020, 04:53 pm.

I’ve had a lot of fun playing this game since launch; however, with the recent issues and now this nerf, it may be time for me to give it up. I’ll miss playing, hope this change is reconsidered.

• Stark73Stark73 Posts: 7 ✭✭
    #31104 September, 2020, 05:08 pm.

Please keep it. I live in an area where the severe traces don’t happen every day. I rarely see red or even orange. Right now I can’t get out to chase them down. If people don’t progress, they might quit the game. If they’re close to the chance to finally prestige pages they’ll be more likely to buy the extra spell energy or potions to get those red.

Because I can’t get out the other two charms are absolutely useless to me. Now you’ve ruined the one charm that I could use. If you’re going to make it useless, just scrap charms completely and don’t waste screen space.

• DrakoniteDrakonite Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #31204 September, 2020, 05:09 pm.

@MANATEEMOMMA i urge you to look the text in one of the bonus xp from trunks, b/c it very much says "complete this lesson for a CHANCE of bonus xp in treasure trunks" so far it is not a chance it is 100% always, ofc they are going to change it so that #/10 times you get 500 and only a #% you get the extra bonus wxp. and tbh...i dont mind, i went from lv 58 to lv 60 in 6 days w an hr of play a day w bonus wxp at 1.5k from trunks plus bbe that has become overpowered plus bbe and dark5xrune lv5 x5 ppl that give 3k a battle. 1 hr walk plus 1 hr forts a day 6 days= lv 58 to lv 60 more than 3million wxp points. ofc theyre gonna nerf it it is insane.

• linjuzzlinjuzz Posts: 1
    #31304 September, 2020, 05:13 pm.

Do you guys still think that the Dev team really think this is a bug?

I daresay that it's just a stunt in the form of "OH this is a bug" to stop the unexpected effect this features caused: The average Wizarding level is now skyrocketing out of their control.

If it's really a bug, quite weird that it hadn't been spotted and fixed much much earlier than this. They could even disabled trace charm within a day after learning of this bug where everyone of us really faced this "bug" every time trace charm were casted from the beginning of this feature released.

This kind of absurd and selfish decision worth a campaign on Change. org or even class action lawsuit.

• CaeleonCaeleon Posts: 270 ✭✭✭
    #31504 September, 2020, 05:21 pm.

@Drakonite That's exactly why my wife is **** treasure chests to get to 60. After that 2 more pages upgraded to gold and she's done and over with the game... And she's a big Harry Potter fan...

• 2smilingtrish2smilingtrish Posts: 5 ✭✭
    #31704 September, 2020, 05:41 pm.

I would like to echo what is being said. This change in the trace charm is basically a bait and switch. I invested many rare book resources into a charm that is now worse than a tonic for trace detection.... The nerf of getting a smattering of lesser foundables on a severe trace charm drop makes this charm as worthless as the inn and greenhouse charms The fact that your language on the fragments was also misleading and now is worthless XP is another bait and switch I had already fell for. If you guys don't reverse this trace charm "fix" I think you can count me as one of your former players. This game is just not fun any more. No challenge... all random luck with foundables running away despite maxing out spell proficiency and family skill level and depart levels... The challenge of fortressing has lost it's appeal and all your game "improvements" are just more **** for catches with no skill or reason....Fix this or lose me forever. PS red books and **** ingredients are no longer worthwhile to play for. Please make all events give DADA books if you want me to play them.

• bonniealetabonniealeta Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #32004 September, 2020, 06:19 pm.

WB/Niantic,

You have just ruined the trace charm for me .. I always got at least 1-2 duplicates of what I used the charm on, and 3-4 traces of equal level .. now i get 1 duplicate and a bunch of random ****! ALL of which, is lower level than my original target of the trace charm .. how is this change helping in any way??

• JovianJovian Posts: 7 ✭✭
    #32104 September, 2020, 06:31 pm.

Definitely supporting this request!

• WanderlustgypsyWanderlustgypsy Posts: 1
    #32204 September, 2020, 06:42 pm.

I totally agree the new update to the trace charm is severely underwhelming.

• AmandinaAmandina Posts: 11 ✭✭
    #32304 September, 2020, 07:01 pm.

And the knight bus just crashed. Guess that bug wasn't worth fixing when they fixed the trace charm, huh?

• EegogEegog Posts: 10 ✭✭
    #32404 September, 2020, 07:17 pm.

The traces you get on the trace charm still disappear and you have to restart the app to see them. They are useless and clutter the screen so I don't always. That bug wasn't worth fixing either.

• VioletHBlackVioletHBlack Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #32504 September, 2020, 07:19 pm.

The Trace Charm was the first thing that got me excited about playing HPWU in ages. It really feels like Niantic has given up on the game--no new combat lessons, no new storylines and the SOS training was designed to keep us engaged--which it did, right up to the point that the Trace Charm stopped doing what it said it would. Bait and switch that feels demoralizing. Why bother playing anymore if anything good is going to be taken away on a whim?

• GearGliderGearGlider Posts: 4 ✭✭
    #32604 September, 2020, 07:25 pm.

I'm a bit annoyed that I spent too many FGs (thousands), MMs(also thousands), RSBs, and DADAs unlocking Trace Charm nodes that have now been severely nerfed. It makes me not want to use any resources in this game out of fear that it will just be taken away from me. Which just kills the motivation to play this game in general.

• ZimenjZimenj Posts: 16 ✭✭
    #32704 September, 2020, 07:25 pm.

This is seriously a big **** to the community. You changed everything because you messed up. And rather than make the SOS nodes the way you initially described, you changed nodes that people already spent books on and did not give those books back, knowing full well if we would have known you were gonna change the nodes we would have spent the books on different nodes. You stole our currency and you lied. You will never see another penny for a lot of people and you will get 1 star reviews if you keep hamstringing users.

• Oznog331Oznog331 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #32804 September, 2020, 07:26 pm.

This change to the trace charm is very disturbing!!! Prior to your fix of the trace charm, playing the game was exciting. Getting 6 emergency flares was so fun! I am level 60, so no use getting extra WXP, it is maxed. I have been playing this game for over a year and I spend a lot of money a month, $400 to $500. I am done with spending any money on this game, if this is not changed back. you let us use this TC for almost 2 months. You need to go back to the way the TC worked with the multiple rare flares. What a disappointment for all my effort. I was loving the game. You destroyed the best part of the game removing the multiple rare flare spawns. Please change this BACK!!!

• VampyresbaneVampyresbane Posts: 8 ✭✭
    #32904 September, 2020, 09:25 pm.

I have been spending from $10-$20 per month on this infuriating game. No more. This last "fix" is the last straw. Not another cent from me. I invested my books heavily in the trace charm, now all of that was totally wasted. I'm done. You do nothing but lie to and deceive the players.

• GarcinosGarcinos Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #33004 September, 2020, 09:34 pm.

This is such a blow to everyone who has spent any type of currency on the game, real money or books, to get the rewards that were offered by the Trace Charm. Please reconsider “fixing” this. Even those who have not spent money to get to this point are so discouraged with the bugs, mistakes and “fixes”. I so appreciated the changes made to accommodate for the restrictions put on because of the pandemic and was patient while waiting for progress in the storyline because we’re all dealing with circumstances beyond our control. Now I’m inclined to think that maybe the team has given up on the game and doesn’t care what the players want or need.

Also, as some have mentioned, going forward please announce the **** changes through the game, not through social media, not through another app (discord). It’s ridiculous - this lack of communication. I’m honestly considering not playing the game anymore and it makes me so sad.