Global Request to keep the effects of the Trace Charm.

Comments

• JayKrayJayKray Posts: 1
    #27204 September, 2020, 12:51 pm.

I think what is most difficult about this change is that it is significantly worse than before. And we spent months investing our time into buffing our Trace Charm only to have it be a waste. How can I justify spending an hour or two a day playing this game? What’s next?

A proposed solution would be that if there is an issue with duplicates (often the only way to place high level flares), then ensure the TC spawns all severe/emergency when placed on a severe.

From,

upset fan

• TwistedxInkTwistedxInk Posts: 1 ✭✭
    edited September 2020 #27304 September, 2020, 12:51 pm.

Niantic for sure has just pulled the plug with this so called "bug". As a daily player from a very rural area in upstate NY, spending hard earned time on books and SOS trainings and thousands of duplicate low level spawns, the trace charm was the only thing keeping me playing WU bc it is the only time I can find rare spawns. So now you want to make it even more trashy than a ttd? No point in even playing anymore since they can't even bother to test any of these "bugs". With that trace charm added I thought WU would finally be worth playing, instead its a mirror image pokemon go- thousands to catch, but all the same spawns everyday.

• NateymcnateNateymcnate Posts: 1
    #27404 September, 2020, 12:59 pm.

having charmed red streaks create additional red streaks was the greatest. The 'fix' renders the charm useless. I was happier without the nerfed charm.

Please cinsider returninging to its buggy state. Thanks

• FasterFjolleFasterFjolle Posts: 1
    #27504 September, 2020, 01:02 pm.

Wonder why all the bad and evig guys are working in the WU department??? 😩

• SyriusBlack71SyriusBlack71 Posts: 9 ✭✭
    #27604 September, 2020, 01:02 pm.

Please restore the trace charms effects. You took away the funnest part of the game and now made it impossible to finish the lessons. Also, everyone again now feels cheated. A new gift will not be able to compensate for the loss. The new charms are useless.

• LemmingOnTheRunLemmingOnTheRun Posts: 5 ✭✭
    #27704 September, 2020, 01:04 pm.

Adding a voice to the requests to at the very least keep the rarity of all traces intact. That seems like the bare minimum here.

• DrakoniteDrakonite Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #27804 September, 2020, 01:10 pm.
  • BillieLugiaBillieLugia Posts: 1 ✭✭
    #27904 September, 2020, 01:16 pm.

WB, your communication needs to be better. It took me 12 hours to figure out what you even mean, since I never considered this to be a bug. The trace charm was the only relevant feature that kept me playing and earning field guides. You could have warned us that you would need to power it down, like when the brilliant Harry Potter gave us a false 1000XP last year. Now the game is too boring for me. Please consider boosting the trace charm to a medium level, so gameplay becomes exciting and worthwhile again. For random, low-threat traces we already have the tonic.

• Magicalmom42Magicalmom42 Posts: 7 ✭✭
    #28104 September, 2020, 01:32 pm.

Witches and wizards are very upset right now. What was happening with the trace charm (if not working as intended) should have been caught and stopped much sooner. Once players get used to something good it doesn't seem fair/right to them take it away. I'm not sure why it wasn't immediately pulled back. Trace charm was really the most valuable piece of the sos. The potion brewing is a perk but now may not be needed. Less foundables potion worthy. Players invested their resources in trace charm lessons taking worthless lessons to get there. The spell mastery wasn't needed before the skill tree. Now it is a necessity. Not sure why you make the boring part of the game the highlight. Communication. QA. Transparency. Fairness. All of these things are overlooked in this game. I'm not upset about the trace charm for the same reason as others. I'm upset that the error wasn't corrected sooner. Once you let players use it for weeks and invest their resources, don't then announce we are going to fix it. Makes you look terrible. Also how is that the clone foundable was able to be bug fixed but the spawns disappearing bug was not able to be fixed at the same time? Confused about the thought process and end game. Not sure if Reddit posters are serious, bluffing or if many will leave the game. Seems like many are angry. Not sure why the game is willing to let players quit. Experienced players have been consistently asking for more Profession lessons, different foes. That is what needs to happen.

• TheWebHarvesterTheWebHarvester Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #28204 September, 2020, 01:40 pm.

I can understand that the trace charm was too powerful, but as it is now it doesn’t make any sense.

One extra fragment for a bunch of random **** doesn’t have any value.

If you would have implemented the SOS upgrades for several fragments it might have been some use to it.

But first and foremost, I am saddened by this, as I thought that the multi emergency trace charm was a really fun and somewhat strategic element to the game. It made me want to play much more than usual.

So, please reconsider!

• ChocofairyChocofairy Posts: 1 ✭✭
    #28304 September, 2020, 02:01 pm.

You’re taking away the best part of the game. At least make the extra traces be at the same level. And fix trace charm proficiency!

• MeHere2019MeHere2019 Posts: 6 ✭✭
    #28404 September, 2020, 02:04 pm.

So now invested green books, dada books and other rare stuff in something that only worked 2 weeks. I feel cheated.

• DaniSk8rDaniSk8r Posts: 1 ✭✭
    #28504 September, 2020, 02:11 pm.

The trace charm has had this 'bug' for over two months. You let us spend all our sos tree resources to focus exclusively on improving the trace charm without any notification it would change and be drastically less valuable. I would have never spent so many resources on the charm if I had known as there were things that are now more valuable. I feel you either need to find a way to let us reset our sos tree and get the books, manuals, field guides we spent back or you need to leave the trace charm as giving equal severity traces. You easily could have put out a notice at the beginning it would change and you didn't so its not fair that some of us wasted huge amount of resources.

Thank you

Danielle

• JonasMeyerJonasMeyer Posts: 13 ✭✭
    #28604 September, 2020, 02:18 pm.

#BringRareTracesBack

• KrazychicKrazychic Posts: 6 ✭✭
    #28704 September, 2020, 02:26 pm.

You did't explain that it was a bug well! You said "duplicate trace" which we thought was the one that REAPPEARS after catching it. Now I've spent all my books focusing on the trace charm and I wouldn't have otherwise. So mad.

• Sparkles85Sparkles85 Posts: 13 ✭✭
    #28804 September, 2020, 02:26 pm.

Please rethink the trace charm. At minimum, you should get the same type of traces that you used the charm on. If you use it on a red flare, you choked get all red flares. No one needs or wants more “basic” flares (unless you use it on a basic trace). The traces don’t need to be the same, you just need to make the trace charm “worth” spending resources on. Stop needing the game and trying to convince us that it was broken and is now fixed.

• Laurad1066Laurad1066 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #28904 September, 2020, 02:27 pm.

Definitely would have changed the way I spent valuable in game resources if the trace charm hadn't been bugged and then "fixed." I think I'm most disappointed in the lack of communication from Niantic and WU.

• MermaidLoreMermaidLore Posts: 8 ✭✭
    #29004 September, 2020, 02:33 pm.

I don't understand why you'd downgrade the trace charm. It's the best new feature that I've worked really hard to acquire on my SOS training tree. I wait until an emergency or severe trace and then use the trace charm. Because emergency and severe charms are more rare anyways it isn't like a handout on your part. When I place a trace charm on an emergency trace I expect to get the same level severity trace spawns - this seems logical. Why have it be random? That makes it harder to come by but less effective than the TTD.

I can concede that this possibly wasn't your original intention for the trace charm, based on your message @hpwulola , but given that this is how the trace charm has functioned since it rolled out - why take it away? As a level 49 daily player I can say that the trace charm is awesome the way it is. I love it! I worked really hard at getting the trace charm nodes on my tree and whenever I see an emergency trace I get really excited! I drop a trace charm, pop a BBE, and grind! Taking this thrilling aspect away is going to leave a sour taste in every players mouth.

Why don't the developers focus on fixing the server issue that's plagued the knight bus lately? Or fix the trace charm proficiency where I'm supposed to get 4 fragments but only ever get 2? There's been a problem with every single event lately and it's very disappointing.

• RachelRenayRachelRenay Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #29104 September, 2020, 02:34 pm.

I thought there was a bug with the trace charm, because it gave me lower foundables. I'm very disappointed to find out it was a "fix". I only use it on red and orange beacons, it was so helpful to me as a rural player.

• elcappitanelcappitan Posts: 1
    #29204 September, 2020, 02:41 pm.

An hour ago, I was actually looking forward to the Weekend Event (to farm some Manuals and Field Guides with TC and the Newt and Unicorn spawns, not because of the lackluster rewards), then I used the "fixed" Trace Charm for the first time. Now I have barely any motivation left to play the game at all. gg wp

• TruckinWizardTruckinWizard Posts: 7 ✭✭
    #29304 September, 2020, 02:45 pm.

The way the trace charmed worked before made the game fun, especially with Wizarding weekend coming up. The competition of seeing how many guides and manuals in one weekend. The community is upset. Players are talking about boycotting the game for a day, talking about not playing the game anymore. You've screwed up on this. Please change it back and be more clearer.

• CKSilliCKSilli Posts: 1 ✭✭
    #29404 September, 2020, 02:46 pm.

Please bring our traces back!

• foundapencilfoundapencil Posts: 7 ✭✭
    #29504 September, 2020, 02:46 pm.

Please consider adjusting the "proficiency" lessons to, for instance, increase the "probability" of higher level traces, rather than just XP. I think this would be a good compromise between the "intent" and what people are now asking for.

• JonasMeyerJonasMeyer Posts: 13 ✭✭
    #29604 September, 2020, 02:58 pm.

LET'S RAISE A # !

#BringRareTracesBack

Let's fill the official channels with it 1 hour before the Wizarding Weekend starts to show our disappointment with the "bug fix"...

SPREAD THE WORD!

• Doby74Doby74 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #29704 September, 2020, 03:18 pm.

Please revert back to original settings. This has allowed me to prestige several rare high/emergency foundables that are not seen very often in my location.

• MarkosusMarkosus Posts: 21 ✭✭
    #29804 September, 2020, 03:19 pm.

I also hate this update to the Trace Charm. Especially since I have put in all my RSB and DADA books to get TC efficacy upgraded (only one left to go). If I had know that the TC would be this, I would have never put all those books in at the time.

I understand that the TC as it was may have been a bit too powerful, but now it is almost completely useless to me. I feel that the best middle ground would be to only provide traces that are of the same severity as the foundable that the TC is placed on or a maximum of one lower level (and of course one trace that is higher if you have unlocked that skill). Another solution would be to make TC proficiency as it originally was listed in-game and give up to 8 fragments instead of limiting it to a maximum of 2 fragments.

Please, please change the TC to make it useful again.

• jeunjijeunji Posts: 18 ✭✭
    #29904 September, 2020, 03:22 pm.

@hpwulola thanks to the team for ruining the upcoming wizarding weekend and making the community unhappy including me. Not playing till they revert back to the old trace charm.

• MadameGingerMadameGinger Posts: 8 ✭✭
    #30004 September, 2020, 03:25 pm.

This has been my favorite new feature.

I have played HPWU every single day since the day it launched in the US. I have read many of the complaints written by users over the past few months and have always felt supportive of Niantic and the game. But, so many issues one after the other...there is a clear issue with quality control and releasing an update that works how it’s intended to work. Rather than finding yourself in a position to frequently having to give apology gifts, please try to fix these issues before releasing updates to players. This particular change, nerfing the trace charm again, feels like salt in an open wound.

• PasqdkaXPasqdkaX Posts: 6 ✭✭
    #30104 September, 2020, 03:41 pm.

@hpwulola What was done here is pure CHEATING on most devoted players. You have not realized yesterday that trace charm is "malfunctioning". You should've announced that DAY1 it was released and set clear expectations that this *not intended* behaviour is going to change once the fix is prepared. Instead you were sitting back and cashing tons of new microtransactions and watching how many long-lost players are coming back to the game. It is SUCH A SHAME to waste it now with the miscommunicated fix. This is a serious damage to the game and to the WU reputation. "We promised you a Vacuum Cleaner?-Here get a BROOM instead... as good as new!"