Need unique map icon for each Portkey

DevnetneedfocusDevnetneedfocus Posts: 15 ✭✭
in Feature Requests #1 latest comment 13 February, 2021, 07:31 am.

It's super frustrating that all of the "regular" Portkeys look the same on the map.

I don't want to fill up on Prized Portkeys, but there's no way to tell what flavor I'm getting before collecting one on the map!

It'd be helpful to be able to tell the different Portkeys apart - failing that, please give us the ability to *delete* Portkeys to make room for the ones we actually want.

Comments

• Niff1erTick1erNiff1erTick1er Posts: 64 ✭✭
    #403 September, 2020, 05:23 am.

Accidentally picking up event portkeys by mistake is my beef.

Since they seem to now always give you the needed five pieces for completing the bonus level, 5/4, event portkeys for me are pointless.

To be able to at least delete those would be wonderful.

• FixMyGreenStarsFixMyGreenStars Posts: 170 ✭✭✭
    #703 September, 2020, 04:29 pm.

Ok but walk 10X1k is very different walk 10X5k (or 10K) . I believe is better anyone choice the option.

• DevnetneedfocusDevnetneedfocus Posts: 15 ✭✭
    #804 September, 2020, 04:15 am.

First, what's wrong with choosing the Portkeys we pick up? I mean, we get to decide which ingredients to gather, which foes to fight, what fortress level to battle - what's the difference here? And why can't we discard the ones we don't want?

Personally, I prefer to use my gold key on Prized Portkeys, but I've actually run out of them a few times, picking up bigger ones when I just wanted to catch a few small fry! If they want to keep the mystery alive, then at least let us discard what we don't want.

And @fourplus4, what's the point of your comment? I'm sure you don't mean to imply that only the changes you desire should be requested.

• fourplus4fourplus4 Posts: 114 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2020 #904 September, 2020, 04:14 pm.

@Devnetneedfocus i didn't suggest nor imply anything. I just added my point of view to the discussion.

• HypnoticMichaelHypnoticMichael Posts: 72 ✭✭✭
    #1005 September, 2020, 07:10 am.

I think this is another good idea - it will clearly help some players and harm none. Out of the two, deletion is better for me, it’s nice to have a paramount or precious around if I’m going for a run or long walk away from where there are hardly any traces at all (most of the area near me!) and quite often I’ve been full of prized with no option to even try to get something bigger.

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1105 September, 2020, 07:16 am.

Because i have many pages not yet gold, I'm more into tweak about fragment reward from portkey. Ex There are more rare fragment (non beam) than hagrid umbrella.

• FredjeFlitserFredjeFlitser Posts: 56 ✭✭
    #1207 February, 2021, 09:59 am.

Why do you assume everyone will pickup paramounts only? No way I’m going to spend 5km walking to get some fortress fragment. Much easier to grind dark 5. Mostly I prefer the prized only as they require less distance and I can spread the rewards better in time instead of receiving 28 erumpent horns in one go.

Having a delete or discard feature seems much needed, because sometimes a visual glitch also makes you pickup a wrong item. I have had a brilliant portkey showing while picking up a regular one.

Having different colours on the map would be nice but not much added value if you can discard.

• CBG92CBG92 Posts: 485 ✭✭✭✭
    #1307 February, 2021, 02:52 pm.

@FredjeFlitser exactly my thoughts. not sure why people don't seem to understand this and even if what they're saying is true, it shouldn't matter how someone else decides to play this game. Some of us just don't have the ability to go all over town hunting desired items down all the time regardless of pandemic just to do that, and it doesn't make us lazy. just makes the game less fun for a lot more people. Wanna pick up ten paramounts?? Go for it! Only care for precious or prized?? Not my business! As it is I seem to have really bad luck accidentally finding paramounts right before a brilliant event, sometimes 2-3 in a row, but with the lack of energy spawning on the ground I have to open consistently in order to avoid buying it every single time I'm low. Otherwise I just wouldn't pick any up before the start of an event to avoid this. I have no inns or greenhouses closer than downtown and I spend enough for potions as it is.

• ShaaZaahShaaZaah Posts: 2
    #1412 February, 2021, 03:56 pm.

I agree. Also...

I dont play much these days and I have portkeys from other events mixed with the current ones. I also would like to be able to determine, from the bunch of events portkeys, which ones are the current events one or not. (maybe just add the ! symbol to them ?) So far Im just guessing by taking the last ones from the list

And yeah

give us the ability to delete some!!!

• DrakoniteDrakonite Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1513 February, 2021, 07:31 am.

personally id not mind, maybe even like to be able to pick up only 10km ones, infinitely better rewards and w the swing I can open a 10 (5 during Covid) every hr. But it'll never happen and neither will any kind of ability to delete portks (as well as potions in brewing queue). It's intentionally part of the gameplay, intended as strategy and luck factor, exactly so ppl cant choose to only pick up 2kms or 10km or "oh its 1hr before BE let me delete my entire queue rather than walk it to pick up BE portks" if you can delete you also have less need to use silver keys, or buy them.