I'm Getting Tired of People Popping In and Out of Chambers To Find Their Friends

VoiceMasterVoiceMaster Posts: 68 ✭✭
in The Knight Bus #1 latest comment 19 September, 2020, 08:31 pm.

I find it incredibly rude to see players pop in and out. You think you have a game and you press join, then they pop out. And new players and/or those who don't engage with the game on social media don't know what's going on and get scared and opt out themselves. We're beyond time when WU needs to upgrade the Knight Bus to allow people to choose their friends. In the meantime, just play with the people who are in the chamber. Rant over.

Comments

• Magpie31Magpie31 Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #227 August, 2020, 10:29 am.

Nope. Absolutely nope @VoiceMaster. If I have spent an hour finding my friends on the knight bus, you better ******* believe I am going to play with them. You don't get to dictate who I can and can't play with.

• AttritionAttrition Posts: 93 ✭✭✭
    #327 August, 2020, 04:22 pm.

@VoiceMaster You're obviously aware of the issue, so instead of demanding other people not play with their friends, perhaps you could simply hold off on joining until the other people have clicked join and committed to the game. I myself learned very quickly the hard way that, at least in higher towers, I won't click join until there is at least one auror and at least one magizoologist with their join pressed. Once I know I will have a full mix of professions I will happily sign on.

• MacSeainMacSeain Posts: 5 ✭✭
    #417 September, 2020, 08:10 pm.

It would be fun to be able to coordinate with friends to join a chamber together, rather than a hunt and peck approach.

• Niff1erTick1erNiff1erTick1er Posts: 52 ✭✭
    #517 September, 2020, 09:10 pm.

Isn't there an icon that tells you a friend is in a chamber or did I just imagine that?

• CraeftCraeft Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #618 September, 2020, 01:49 am.

I empathize with your frustration but the problem is that the mechanic is shyte. There is a group of us that like to play together. We try really hard to get together and it can sometimes take more than half an hour to find each other. So we're going to stick together as best we can at that point.

The problem isn't the players... it's the mechanic. To your point above, they need to implement an "invite friends" option so that we can pre-group then enter a given chamber AS said group. That would completely nullify the irritation of "in and outs".

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 718 ✭✭✭✭
    #718 September, 2020, 03:26 am.

or they provide a passanger list at lobby of knight bus but this one have risk, some say.

• BormacskaBormacska Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #818 September, 2020, 05:06 am.

@Niff1erTick1er you are correct. A small gold coin. But if you are the beacon for a group, then you don't see the lobby as you are sitting in the chamber. On average this is a problem only in ruins.

• RockylizardRockylizard Posts: 4 ✭✭✭
    #918 September, 2020, 05:33 am.

Sorry for your frustration, but this one is entirely on the devs. In PoGo, we can make a friends-only private lobby with a code. The Knight Bus should be the same. Would solve a multitude of ills for everyone.

• RealmikeedudeRealmikeedude Posts: 2
    #1019 September, 2020, 08:25 pm.

The whole mechanic needs looking at , the ability to join with friends should be already in.

• BenTigerBenTiger Posts: 428 ✭✭✭✭
    #1119 September, 2020, 08:31 pm.

They might work on private lobbies sooner or later, but they have to fix what they have broken, during game updates, and have a schedule for new content updates that are planned for release, so they will not likely happen any time soon... especially if they keep breaking even more things with every update.