Trace Charm Clarification

Comments

• MJNightQuaffleMJNightQuaffle Posts: 1 ✭✭
    #18503 September, 2020, 11:11 pm.

I consider the Trace Charm Efficacy before the bug was fixed was too much of a profit for players for a couple of sets of green books, but the current version is not worth of the investment. Why a player should invest green books for extra very common foundables that can be found in their garden each spawn cycle? I think the only way to fix these unfortunate and consecutive bugs that had a great negative impact in the player base is to make the Trace Charm more common and create more friendly ways to recharge it, like +2 recharge rewards on events or maybe a chance of +1 after beating high chambers in fortresses.

• EdgecrusherDanEdgecrusherDan Posts: 1 ✭✭
    #18703 September, 2020, 11:53 pm.

Reset all books spent. This is a major change and the 15k+ books I gave spent are entirely wasted now. Fix this **** or I'm out with alot if other people. Your compensation is a joke. 100s of hours wasted..................................................................................

• Proteg0MyEgg0Proteg0MyEgg0 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #18803 September, 2020, 11:53 pm.

It seems the “fix” is not working as intended...or at the very least, acts as a nerf. I read the text to mean the “duplicate” spawn of the foundable you used the trace charm on was accidental, and shouldn’t have existed. But now, when I use Trace Charm on a Severe, instead of spawning other severes, it spawns randomly. It also makes spotting which ones are from TC much harder. If the intention was to make it so it spawned severes, but random ones rather than all the same, this also failed. Please clarify if it was always intended to spawn randomly (I.e. tonics) or if it was meant to spawn same level spawns and 1 higher level spawn. Example: Use TC on “Young Harry Potter”, spawn 1-7 Firenze and 1 Hagrid. Or, Spawn 1-7 random severes and 1 Hagrid.

• OldmanThruHikerOldmanThruHiker Posts: 4 ✭✭
    #19004 September, 2020, 12:24 am.

Just another way to get cash from us

• ShreddcheezeShreddcheeze Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited September 4 #19204 September, 2020, 01:47 am.

Absolutely ridiculous. There is nothing in game to explain this change or warn anyone of what was about to happen. A little explanation and communication would have gone a long way but that's something that niantic and wb are apparently incapable of doing. To this point the information in game STILL says players receive more fragments with proficiency. If you are going to make a change like this change the wording and inform the players BEFORE implementing it. And I mean inform ALL the players not just the ones who come across you "sincere and honest" blog posts because they're looking for answers about why the game is broken... Again. I love this game but there is no way I could ever recommend it to anyone. I'm embarrassed for you.

• HuffpuffJ9HuffpuffJ9 Posts: 1 ✭✭
    #19504 September, 2020, 02:38 am.

Wow! Really???? Very very unhappy player right now. How/why after 2 months can you clam this is "a bug" and force a "fix" when you put out the notice

"To clarify the above, there will be no changes to the SOS Training mechanics or node bonuses. There will only be changes to the text to reflect the intended benefits. "

You have basically taken all the time and RSB spent and made it a joke. This COMPLETELY changes things. Just when I was really starting to enjoy playing even recommding players come back and give it another go. Im embarrassed. I really hope you as a company that should care if it players are happy enough to spend money rethink this change. Im not saying it has to be as amazing as it was, but you went completely the other direction.

• Proteg0MyEgg0Proteg0MyEgg0 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #19604 September, 2020, 02:57 am.

This “fix”...SUCKS. Please make it similar to how it worked before. We, as players, understood “duplicates” to mean that the spawns all being the same, and the duplicates spawn of whatever you used the charm on was a bug, in that the THREAT LEVEL was not the bug, but that they were DUPLICATES WAS. I.E Using a Trace charm on a serpent wasn’t supposed to spawn another serpent and a bunch of Fluffies. It should have been all sorts of DIFFERENT emergency spawns. PLEASE MAKE IT WORK THIS WAY!!

• xxxlindyxxxlindy Posts: 112 ✭✭✭
    #19804 September, 2020, 03:04 am.

Please give me something to look forward to. Using the Trace vaulted me to level 60. My xps are no longer visible, my Barifillo potions useless, and I've waited for Auror lessons for 6 months.

I love the game, and it was very helpful during covid19 to go out and fight something. I would like more to do. Increased fortress levels, and more combat lessons to cope with them. I'm done with the SOS tree.

• VampyresbaneVampyresbane Posts: 8 ✭✭
    #20004 September, 2020, 03:20 am.

I feel cheated, robbed and deceived. It is blatantly obvious that the only platform that Niantic gives a **** about is PokemonGo. Your efforts on Wizards Unite are nothing short of pathetic. You roll out mistake after mistake without bothering to test your so-called "updates." Now you have given a royal hose job to everyone who has invested their resources in following the trace charm route in training by rendering it worthless. I did not invest any resources in the inn charm, because I could see from the start that it was next to useless. You people are nothing but a bunch of scam artists. I have been dropping $20 a month on average to expand my vaults and such. Well, you will not get another galleon, sickle or knut out of me. You continually deceive players into expending valuable resources and following certain paths, and then cheat them out of what they earn. It is my fervent hope that people leave in droves and bankrupt you crooks.

• 5chawn5chawn Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #20104 September, 2020, 03:22 am.

I’m very disappointed in the recent trace charm “fix.” I was particularly excited for the upcoming wizarding weekend and spent time ccumulating trace charms and **** out fortress foundables. I hope it gets switched back to how it was or at least somewhere between how it was the past few weeks and how it was “intended” to be.

• ProfPitBossProfPitBoss Posts: 1
    #20204 September, 2020, 03:51 am.

Who wants to play a game where after a year you make no progress? Then when you finally move forward they nerf you and you taker two steps back. If feels like little effort has been made to make the story engaging, which is contrary to JK Rowling’s series.

Where is the actual story to this game? What is the point of collecting the same foundables over and over again because one foundable never appears? Have you thought about the forest instead of the trees? You just took away one of the joys of the game that you still had to work hard to use. It’s not right and it just doesn’t make any sense.

• yw2kyw2k Posts: 10 ✭✭
    #20304 September, 2020, 04:29 am.

Thank you for further nerfing the Trace Charm to the point where it becomes a somewhat free daily LIMITED Tonic of Trace Detection (TTD) with a max of 8 traces... Now please refund back my Restricted Section Books, Ministry Manuals and Field Guides for these useless skill upgrades.

If I need common traces then I don't need to spend my RSB's, MM's and FG's on this...........

Combined with the Proficiency fiasco, yeah, please refund back all of my RSB's, MM's and FG's..........

• Dragons1111Dragons1111 Posts: 142 ✭✭
    #20404 September, 2020, 04:37 am.

Um I went into restart loop while using TTD and a trace charm (I reopened to check if the traces re appear) . It was soon gone by itself, but lost time on TTD and charm effect. I was able to use it twice though so got 4 fragments.

• ArgiopeArgiope Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #20504 September, 2020, 05:24 am.

I used a trace charm tonight and got 1 total red beam (the original one vanished before I could click on it). How is that worth it? To get more than 1 trace charm is a lot of work in game and you just turned it into another tonic (which is easy to get in game). All 3 charms are completely useless now.

• CaeleonCaeleon Posts: 262 ✭✭✭
    edited September 4 #20604 September, 2020, 05:31 am.

So the trace charm, the only decent way to farm the needed books, is as useful as the TTD potion... Why? To fill out my gold pages?

It took you weeks to tell us how the proficiency works. And now, by coincidence, just for the wizarding weekend, you "fix" another bug...

And why are you so **** bent on running this game into the ground? Just end it. It's simple, send out a message and flip the switch.

• Screechers2Screechers2 Posts: 4 ✭✭
    #20804 September, 2020, 06:31 am.

More and more I am considering leaving this game. I receive brilliant foundables when using my trace detection after I already finished the event. I stop playing thinking it was another error. When I used the trace detection today I only received one trace. I was thinking it was a mistake and restarted the game only to see no foundables. I used my books just to get the sections on the tree, it is on the description that you will receive more foundables. this is useless now, books spent for something that was stated in the description and not received.

• Harryden1Harryden1 Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited September 4 #20904 September, 2020, 07:32 am.

I am level 60. Almost all gold frames. Not much fun left now. The TC on severe was the one thing worth doing and I could get use of some potions. With the new change of TC I see no use of it. Not much gameplay left. Time to stop playing WU and go back to PoGo.

• HondenhutHondenhut Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #21104 September, 2020, 08:53 am.

Sorry but this is NO fix! What about "To clarify the above, there will be no changes to the SOS Training mechanics or node bonuses. There will only be changes to the text to reflect the intended benefits. "??? Very very disappointed!