Trace Charm Clarification

Comments

• ElmagodeloesteElmagodeloeste Posts: 4
    edited August 30 #15230 August, 2020, 04:50 pm.

quiero la devolucion de mis linbros prohibidos,estuve juntando enlo que llevo jugando desde que salio para algo bueno y ahora resulta que no es asi , es una estafa cambiar las reglas de esta manera... sigan mejorando las profeciones y dejen de manipular el arbol a su conveniencia ,sino estare pensando que todos los logros desbloqueados seran una perdida de tiempo sabiendo que en un futuro no **** conviene y lo van a modificar...

• CaeleonCaeleon Posts: 260 ✭✭✭
    #15330 August, 2020, 05:11 pm.

@rocketj

There's 2 parts to this issue.

One, like you said, the absolute lack in testing and quality control.

Second, the results of lack of said testing and control.

Yes, with sufficient testing this could be prevented. But it didn't. It happened.

Now since it went live, they didn't promptly acted whenever this "feature" was put under there attention. They waited weeks to clarify and even longer to fix it. The only response we basically got was "oh well, here's a free pack, move on". And that's why everyone is upset.

Not that they goofed. Everyone knows that it will happen. It's that they don't care.

Yes, in the grand scheme of things, the RSB aren't important. But the lack of caring about their customers is what ticks everyone off.

No testing and quality check is one thing. Giving the finger to everyone as a response... That's the issue.

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 714 ✭✭✭✭
    #15430 August, 2020, 08:02 pm.

to me this train of "incidents" feels like (some) unhappy employee messing up the system/server. 🤔

• Klc5048Klc5048 Posts: 141 ✭✭✭
    #15530 August, 2020, 08:34 pm.

What I'd like to know at this point about the trace charm is why fully half the times I cast it on a red beam trace it gives me Fluffys. I'm so sick of Fluffy and the 4 casts it takes to beat it. Super time consuming. Make some other traces appear!

• nCodernCoder Posts: 27 ✭✭
    #15630 August, 2020, 09:19 pm.

So, if not fragments, what is that +1 supposed to mean??? Come on ...

If you really will not give what's in the description, I suggest you increase significantly the family XP per trace. I'd say 20 FXP per proficiency level sounds fair.

• EliasHolmesEliasHolmes Posts: 4 ✭✭
    #15830 August, 2020, 09:26 pm.

I’m not even Consistently getting one additional fragment. There is frequently a glitch and it keeps getting lost!

It initially reports giving me one additional fragment, two total, but at the end shows it actually only gave one, and when I check in registry it in fact only gave one.

Here is an example. At first it increases from 5 to 7, but then at the end only increases to 6!

• EaglesClaw88EaglesClaw88 Posts: 6 ✭✭
    #15931 August, 2020, 02:23 am.

@EliasHolmes Is this trace from a Dark Detector? I routinely get only one fragment from one of the two traces from a Dark Detector.

• Olivia1684Olivia1684 Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #16031 August, 2020, 03:34 pm.

We should be able to do a refresh of our SOS skills and start over, reading the other comments I see others agree with me I wouldn't have spent RSB on these nodes if I had known this. I also would have gone other directions with my DADA books. If we could clear our skill trees and start over we would be happier.

• Klc5048Klc5048 Posts: 141 ✭✭✭
    #16231 August, 2020, 07:17 pm.

@BenTiger exactly the point I tried to make. A reset would almost certainly cause more problems than it solves.

• FixMyGreenStarsFixMyGreenStars Posts: 120 ✭✭✭
    edited August 31 #16431 August, 2020, 09:42 pm.

I LOVE THIS GAME.

• FixMyGreenStarsFixMyGreenStars Posts: 120 ✭✭✭
    #16531 August, 2020, 09:45 pm.

MOVE ON

MOVE ON

MOVE ON

EVERYBODY

• EegogEegog Posts: 6 ✭✭
    #16631 August, 2020, 10:00 pm.

The one to the right that says maximum spell casts 0, that is showing how many spell casts you currently have, we all start with 2 right so 0 is wrong. You should either show maximum spell casts and it be the total they can hold, or change the description to current spell casts held as that is what it is currently showing. My changes from 0 to 5 depending on how much I have at the time I look at it.

• BocaGBocaG Posts: 121 ✭✭
    edited August 31 #16731 August, 2020, 11:06 pm.

Hahaha, you went and just put it in the store, you didn’t even bother to listen to us... you guys seriously dropped the ball on this one.. you lost all credibility ... with me at least... I’m so done with niantic games.. I regret the day I opened ingress for the first time, so many years wasted helping you build a platform to abuse your player base

good bye!

• SerrocksSerrocks Posts: 1
    #17002 September, 2020, 02:07 pm.

So you made a perfect skill section for the players, but now you see that it will be too 'easy' to prestige pages and call it a misunderstanding. Excellent!!!!

• PamdmPamdm Posts: 70 ✭✭
    #17203 September, 2020, 12:28 am.

Nice question @Ashkaa

The way things are going downhill in terms of gameplay and community management, most of us won't be around by the time (early 2022) there are enough Dada books to unlock these sos skills! 🤣

• BenTigerBenTiger Posts: 415 ✭✭✭✭
    #17303 September, 2020, 08:04 am.

@Ashkaa The Extravagant Spell Energy gifts are awarded from the "Rare XP" and "Rare Energy" gifts. The "Rare Spellbook" is just another regular Spell Book. It is just another case of a poorly worded skill. They obviously did not put forth any effort to check for issues with skill descriptions.

• MoBetterWiFiMoBetterWiFi Posts: 4 ✭✭
    #17403 September, 2020, 01:41 pm.

It’s pretty clear this needs to be addressed. The “Dangerous Attraction” bait and switch has demoralized me from being a $200/month player to $0 and barely having the interest to complete daily tasks. Without some acknowledgement and remediation, this Lvl 56 maxed A/M is going to find another outlet.

• OdetshkiOdetshki Posts: 43 ✭✭
    #17603 September, 2020, 08:43 pm.

Yeah I'm done with the trace charm too. I casted it on Orange beam da-trace, it gave me Orange hh-traces. While I was trying to catch those, it had changed the da-trace to friggin normal basic woww quibbler-trace. So why would I want to boost efficacy or even keep playing, when nothing works like it is supposed to. 4876 fragments catched and no mystery objects for the assignment. Trace charm doesn't work. Stupid disco effect and foe already engaged and everything, restarting all the time. I was so excited when I finally got a phone this game Works at, since i've been hc Potter-fan for years. You really have made me angry and truly dissapointed. I have loads of paramount portkeys, but I ain't using my money that I have earned with hard work to support this travesty of a game. Yeah, I'll still keep playing, but not paying for anything before things are fixed and you have apologized from those who have played from the start and put significantly more money in this game, than I who has played for little over a month.

• CeruleanGirlCeruleanGirl Posts: 437 ✭✭✭✭
    #17703 September, 2020, 09:01 pm.

I just posted a screenshot of the same thing happening to me and it went to moderation. Not sure why. The game is messed up though.

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 714 ✭✭✭✭
    #17803 September, 2020, 09:04 pm.

so after come to this, the most favorable SOS training become potions enhancement yeah? 🤔

• CeruleanGirlCeruleanGirl Posts: 437 ✭✭✭✭
    #17903 September, 2020, 09:10 pm.

So, @hpwulola , what did you guys do?

• SUPRMUMSUPRMUM Posts: 47 ✭✭
    #18003 September, 2020, 09:15 pm.

Now the trace charm is completely nerfed. Cast it twice today on red beam traces and it spawned one red beam and six or seven common random traces. Garbage. So now proficiency AND efficacy are worthless.

• VampyresbaneVampyresbane Posts: 8 ✭✭
    #18103 September, 2020, 09:18 pm.

I find it amazing that yoiu bozos rush to "fix" any "problem" that benefits the players, but any of your problem that cheat and deliberately deceive the players are blatantly ignored. I've spent a lot of REAL money buying resources for this infuriating game, but I'm done. You will never get another red cent out of me. Your group has absolutely no integrity whatsoever.