Trace Charm Clarification

Comments

• FixMyGreenStarsFixMyGreenStars Posts: 120 ✭✭✭
    edited August 28 #12328 August, 2020, 08:53 pm.

Since 2020 May when i lost all my green stars i haven't spend a penny in this game. Everyone was warned not to spend anything else because new bugs would come. Sincerely who spend it was quite naive for that. And continues the same recommendation.

Before may every month i spend around 50 box. Now is zero penny and i am very happy for no spend anymore!

• bbgffdssdbbgffdssd Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #12428 August, 2020, 10:30 pm.

I was wondering why I kept only getting two fragments per foundable returned.

Had I known it was XP or FXP increase, doubt I'd have opened them up already.

That said, it's just a game that I spend 2-3 hours per week on. I appreciate the work you've done in creating this game and giving me another outlet to get my Harry Potter fix. Thanks Niantic

• BapeJoeBapeJoe Posts: 2
    #12528 August, 2020, 10:42 pm.

FML, I wasted 5 proficiency already. The only 3 remain are Piece of the Puzzle, Fragmented Memory, and Dangerous Attraction.

Please return the RSB and DADA to me that was wasted, thanks! Just venting, I know it would happen.

• BenTigerBenTiger Posts: 412 ✭✭✭✭
    #12628 August, 2020, 11:42 pm.

Technically, the skill does what it said it does... just not as much as expected. It increases the fragments by .1 (rounded up) each level of proficiency. That means they are under no legal obligations to provide any compensations...

Besides, the losses during fragment-gate were far more severe to many, myself included. We saw what happened then. We were awarded with false promises and a crappy gift. This is how Niantic works.

• DIMorseDIMorse Posts: 19 ✭✭
    #12728 August, 2020, 11:47 pm.

The enthusiasm I had for the game after the addition of the SOS training has left me. I will not be purchasing gold again. Sorry HPWU. I wish the descriptions had been right the first time.

• urbanhickurbanhick Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #12829 August, 2020, 12:00 am.

HPWULOLA, you make no mention in your post that literally every proficiency node in the tree says fragments, not XP. This isn't a text error on the summary screen, it's a game design error you're trying to cover up with poor communication and a short sighted excuse. If your team made a design error and need to nerf the skill, own up and say so.

I'd really hoped this game hadn't inherited the poor community management that Niantic is known for, but that's now been proved to be false hope yet again. At least there are other exciting AR games coming to market soon that are likely more deserving of my money, time, and effort.

Ingress -> PoGo -> HPWU -> I'm out.

• DaddarDaddar Posts: 21 ✭✭
    edited August 29 #12929 August, 2020, 04:42 am.

The fragment rollover turned into the fragment plow-under, and now this. I walked away from Ingress and PoGo, leaving currency I paid for unspent because of my frustration with Niantic’s handling of their blunders in both games. I held onto hope after the last fiasco in this game, but this is truly a bridge too far. Three strikes and you’re out, Niantic. Never again will I play any of your garbage, buggy, misleading waste of time bait-and-switch frustrating ‘games’. I have better things to spend my time and money on.

Lv. 59 player, played from the beginning, paid into the game, quitting.

• Dragons1111Dragons1111 Posts: 142 ✭✭
    #13029 August, 2020, 06:45 am.

I'm confused. I did trace charm on boggart hoping I can get 4 of those. Because original trace shows up twice. The trace didn't copy itself??? Was that a bug that got fixed or a feature that i'm missing now?

#13129 August, 2020, 07:28 am.

@Dragons1111 You are not guaranteed to have the same trace appear. It can be any foundable of the same level or higher. There is a high chance of the same foundable. That chance is reduced during events, which add a good chance to get something that has an increased spawn rate.

• Dragons1111Dragons1111 Posts: 142 ✭✭
    #13329 August, 2020, 01:40 pm.

@BenTiger I'm not referring to random traces that spawn. I have efficacy set to 2. That means I get 2 additional traces. But always original trace duplicates causing 4 traces to show up. That is the one I'm talking about. That is always same as original, not random. The only reason I used trace charm there was for original trace. Other two were useless anyway. So this intermittent behavior is very concerning.

• xxxlindyxxxlindy Posts: 110 ✭✭✭
    #13429 August, 2020, 01:58 pm.

To peacefully settle this debate, may I offer a solution? Make the SOS purchases restricted section book-free. Refund the restricted section books, and just use DADA books, field guides,and ministry manuals to purchase the SOS list. These are earned as you go along, and each purchase makes it easier to aquire the next.

Much pain would be relieved. And remorse from spending the RSBs.

Thanks for listening.

• DIMorseDIMorse Posts: 19 ✭✭
    #13729 August, 2020, 04:32 pm.

I feel terrible for the players that have not seen this announcement. Poor form Niantic.

• KreaturezKreaturez Posts: 64 ✭✭
    #13829 August, 2020, 05:39 pm.

Half of the players unlocked the skills thinking it was something else because of the wording used.

The other half haven't unlocked it coz they haven't have enough guides /manuals or don't know they exist.

I dont see why you this is considered "compensation"

1. It Does not equate to the amount lost by the first half

2. Does not compensate anything to the second half (you're giving them free stuff they "don't deserve")

I strongly suggest refunding all the books spent and resetting the sos tree. That is the fairest way to go. If you want, give us free 100 coins and give the button to reset the tree for a 100 coins each time.

• ProfessorKDWProfessorKDW Posts: 1
    #13929 August, 2020, 09:58 pm.

2 DADA books? I just used 14 to get to the next proficiency level. I certainly would’ve used them elsewhere.

• CeruleanGirlCeruleanGirl Posts: 436 ✭✭✭✭
    #14030 August, 2020, 04:32 am.

@FixMyGreenStars I thought they fixed the problem with the fragments that happened in May. Did I misunderstand?

• PamdmPamdm Posts: 70 ✭✭
    #14230 August, 2020, 05:19 am.

The worrying thing is that they don't even think it is a major problem or something needing immediate resolution and communication!

Even now the response is that this will be corrected in a "future update". By then, how many unsuspecting players would have been mislead into spending their resources on disfunctional nodes!?

There is no in-game message yet even though right now, sos skills is the only thing many of us are working on! And new players who may have thought they would power level with a stronger trace charm, would probably end up hampering their combat skills by investing RSBs in trace charm proficiency.

All things considered, the RSBs are the main damage inflicted by this massive oversight by the devs and this must be addressed. It was flawed by design anyways given that profs already had lesser RSBs than other professions and this good up has worsened the situation further.

#14330 August, 2020, 07:04 am.

@CeruleanGirl No. They never fixed the fragments that were lost. They just gave us a crappy gift. Some of us still ended up losing thousands of fragments. I don't care much about my lost fragments, any more; aside from the lost challenge fragments that would have resulted in over 200 spell books. I lost over 7k total fragments, but with the changes to fragment counts required, I still managed to get everything to gold (except dragons). If they ever give us a dragon event, I can re-earn what was lost from those pages and work towards getting them to gold.

• FixMyGreenStarsFixMyGreenStars Posts: 120 ✭✭✭
    edited August 30 #14430 August, 2020, 10:36 am.

@CeruleanGirl

Yep. They no fixed my 7000 fragments and all other players.

Dont fix fragments: JUST FOR US “MOVE ON”

And for trouble of trace charm is the same: “MOVE ON”

• CeruleanGirlCeruleanGirl Posts: 436 ✭✭✭✭
    #14530 August, 2020, 11:00 am.

@BenTiger @FixMyGreenStars I didn’t realize that. I thought that they had fixed it. Did it just not get fixed for some people or for everyone who lost them? I have an awful memory so either I am remembering it wrong or I misunderstood in the first place. Thanks for the replies.

• caitie68caitie68 Posts: 18 ✭✭
    #14630 August, 2020, 12:30 pm.

I'd love to know which of the proficiency nodes give extra capacity, and which give the extra fxp and wxp. I'd still want to buy the remaining one that will give me more capacity to store trace charms, while having less interest in family xp, and none in wizarding xp. Can we please receive a list of which is which?

The disappointment that this is how the game will be going forward is heartbreaking given all the time and money that I've put into it. An interesting, well designed feature with terrible programming, terrible testing, terrible communication and even worse after release support. Another example is that the boxes on the chart show you can go anywhere out from them that has a line to follow, that's the cute interesting idea the designers came up with, the programmers think it only goes downwards, the after release support team and the testing team keep asking the programmers how it's meant to work, instead of referring back to the original design documents that the programmers misunderstood. So we keep getting answers that match the wrong programming, not the cool game design ideas and not the visual design.

It's interesting looking at people's responses to this mess, the programmers simply called the wrong text, yet again. No one wrote it incorrectly in black and white. And the error the programmers made is still affecting how people understand it (not that this communication does much to clear it up), there are a number of proficiencies that cause different affects, increase in trace charm storage and increase in family and wizarding xp are two, of the two or more possible proficiencies. Or three or more I guess, if you include the one that gave us the extra fragment. But again with the design team being a million miles ahead of programming, that one actually had a unique pictogram.

• KreaturezKreaturez Posts: 64 ✭✭
    edited August 30 #14730 August, 2020, 01:23 pm.

I just realised something. I don't get extra Wizarding xp from the supposed rewording. With the brain elixir (150% extra) , I'm only getting 1250wxp from the fluffy/snake oddity. I am however, getting 22 fxp (but I'm supposed to be getting 1.4x)

• rocketjrocketj Posts: 64 ✭✭✭
    #14830 August, 2020, 01:28 pm.

I think most players might be missing something. You’ll eventually fill out the entire SOS tree.

What is important to focus on is the fact that they must not have the resources to adequately test the game.

• CaeleonCaeleon Posts: 260 ✭✭✭
    #14930 August, 2020, 02:40 pm.

Given the rate of RSB and dada books given, eventually is not really a word I'd use. And given the scarcity of said resources, it's not unsurprising people are not amused.

At current rate, and that's without new combat skills, I'd say most people left the game well before they filled in the SoS trees.

• MrMasterMiltankMrMasterMiltank Posts: 36 ✭✭✭
    #15030 August, 2020, 02:51 pm.

@rocketj , for people who don't play 22 hours a day such as yourself, its easy to dismiss the concerns of others. People who are more casual players than yourself used resources that are much rarer than they are for you. You kinda said the same "just let it be" when the fragment issue occurred, and are doing the same now. You are an exception to the player base, because when WB/Niantic continues making mistakes, they know players like you will keep funneling money into the game. You can do whatever you like, but don't say that "players are missing something" since it will take them much longer to recoup from their loss than it does for yours.

When mistakes are widespread and detrimental, only hardcore players remain. Whether there are enough devs with sufficient experience or not, it is obvious that WB/Niantic no longer does beta testing. Basic text fixes would have been picked up in alpha/beta testing, especially for what has been observed with the trace charm. When PoGo makes a mistake, they are relatively minor compared to what has been observed with this game, and the reason why it seems that a new gift has to be made available on a monthly basis. If they can't adequately test features, they shouldn't be adding them...

• rocketjrocketj Posts: 64 ✭✭✭
    #15130 August, 2020, 03:28 pm.

How many rsb are we talking here @MrMasterMiltank ? 25 for gethamane’s pickle? 18 maybe for piece of the puzzle? Am I missing others? That’s a month to a month and a half of rsb. Are those 18 -41 rsb drastically changing the game for any player?

I understand that it is disappointing, I just think players are focusing on the wrong part of the debacle. Issues like this would not be happening if they had anyone responsible for testing. The last set of brilliant tasks exposed this. It would have taken exactly one minute of testing being on task 2 to notice that you were suppose to return 200 foundables. The players found that out. It would have taken 5 minutes on task 3 to realize the graphic foundables were not giving the notes. Did a tester really plow through returning 200 foundables or is it much more likely that no one played through the tasks before they were released?