Trace Charm Clarification

Comments

• EffaEffa Posts: 18 ✭✭
    edited August 27 #9827 August, 2020, 10:43 pm.

I think it is a good thing that TC only gives 2 fragments/foundable. If given (up to) 8 fragments the game would be seriously nerfed with one TC giving up to 80 fragments (8 new foundables plus 2 of the original times 8).

But the lack of proofreading/testing/QA is frustrating, especial given the 2.14 update trainwreck. (Almost gotten all lost green stars back, just 5 more to go 4 months later...).

• EsQuHPColIMaxedEsQuHPColIMaxed Posts: 9 ✭✭
    edited August 27 #9927 August, 2020, 11:36 pm.

In addition to what I wrote above:

Devs, I’m sure you’re aware that more and more players are at 60 now so your “oops, maybe not” fix to wxp just is a bigger F to long time players.

• BellastaroraBellastarora Posts: 11 ✭✭
    #10228 August, 2020, 01:32 am.

I'd like to volunteer to beta test these new features prior to roll out. It looks like there's constant bugs and different experiences for players. How does Niantic expect to make more revenue from new and existing dedicated users if there are constant bugs and confusion on gameplay? I cannot even recommend this game to more friends because it is buggy.

I want to support this game and have spent lots of money on it, but I cannot justify spending more cash when the current revision seems to falsely advertise their features and when we ask for clarification we get vague responses or insulting gift packs.

I had a horrible experience trying to get a refund on dark detectors when they didn't work as they were advertised, and the response from support team was so bad I realized none of these features are guarantee, . So I seriously doubt that they will refund now.

Tl;dr still confused. Want SOS Training to be better and deliver as originally advertised. And dark detectors are worthless. Don't buy.

• HarmonyBellsHarmonyBells Posts: 7 ✭✭
    #10328 August, 2020, 02:05 am.

Thank you.

• FixMyGreenStarsFixMyGreenStars Posts: 120 ✭✭✭
    #10528 August, 2020, 02:15 am.

HPWU ALWAYS SAYS: “MOVE ON”

• EllmadarEllmadar Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #10628 August, 2020, 02:17 am.

Under no circumstances do I want the Sos tree reset. I am content with what we are getting with trace charm proficiency. I would be buying it sooner or later with the new description anyway.

• PamdmPamdm Posts: 70 ✭✭
    #10828 August, 2020, 04:11 am.

Resetting this one is quite easy given that everything is clear, unlike the registry reset which was a black box where you didn't know how many get carried forward, whether to prestige first or place first, etc.

Just give a reset token so that those who feel wronged can reset while the rest can continue as usual!

• EsjubeEsjube Posts: 3
    #11128 August, 2020, 12:50 pm.

When I use the trace charm and complete one trace all the others disappear

• CaeleonCaeleon Posts: 260 ✭✭✭
    #11328 August, 2020, 02:49 pm.

Ok. So proficiency isn't what it was explained to be.

Fair enough.

But why does it take a month to clarify? And why are those nodes still not disabled (cause the description ain't fixed yet)?

Isn't there anyone else who can answer those questions when Dave is on holiday or Jeanine on maternal leave? Seriously?

We're working faster in our office and I'm working for the government... Not a competitive market.

• AurorBorealaAurorBoreala Posts: 1 ✭✭
    #11428 August, 2020, 03:11 pm.

Thanks for fixing the documentation! The new content is great, I appreciate all your hard work.

• houseofshockmomhouseofshockmom Posts: 5 ✭✭
    #11628 August, 2020, 04:30 pm.

IMHO this is highway robbery! Just reset SOS and give us back all our books then go in and "fix" the spells to their true information and lower their costs since they come no where near doing what you described them doing! I understand you created a leveling monster. You did it. NOW FIX IT RIGHT dont ROB US!

• BocaGBocaG Posts: 121 ✭✭
    edited August 28 #11728 August, 2020, 04:43 pm.

What the heck! I’m more than frustrated at the moment, and 2 bonus DoD books and some extra junk is not going to rewrite all the time involved in my planning and implementation of the SoS tree.

this is unconscionable , you can’t design a system one way and then reverse course weeks later.. this is a complete violation of our time and in some cases money...

please explain your thinking so that we understand why you went down this path!

• Klc5048Klc5048 Posts: 141 ✭✭✭
    #11828 August, 2020, 05:31 pm.

Have the people demanding a reset and refund of the SOS tree really thought that through? Worst case scenario, we end up with another fragment debacle where things don't get refunded properly and then there's something else you complain about for months (yes, im still irked by my lost stars and fragments too). Best case scenario you get everything back and only make very moderate changes to the skills you currently have. Given the lack of DADA books so far, there really aren't all that many different paths and masteries you could have gotten yet, especially for the high level players who were given a lot of resources when the trees went live, and who seem to be the most vocal here about demanding a refund.

Even if its not giving all the fragments you thought, the trace charm is still dead useful, and has been a welcome addition to the game.

• BocaGBocaG Posts: 121 ✭✭
    edited August 28 #11928 August, 2020, 07:40 pm.

@Klc5048 an option to reset and collect all the books we’ve spent would be nice. I sure wouldn’t invest where I have had I known it was only going to be for more exp. I don’t know about you, but the extra fragments was the only reasoning in the way I focused my usage of the books. Makes me feel like all the extra playing and hard work was for nothing, not to mention gold spent on the extra caldron to brew potions, and the gold spent brewing them faster. Don’t get me wrong, I had fun doing it, but the announcement sucked the initial joy I had at the introduction of the SoS tree right out of Me. I’m left Disappointed and feeling like I’ve lost 4 weeks of hard work.

• FoxTrotRiderFoxTrotRider Posts: 6 ✭✭
    #12028 August, 2020, 07:47 pm.

The RSB And DADA are time locked by events and are an unrecoverable loss. I would be using them either on my third profession (RSB)or saving both of them for new professional lessons. I would like those returned please.

• VampyresbaneVampyresbane Posts: 8 ✭✭
    #12128 August, 2020, 08:23 pm.

So we are lied to and blatantly decieved and are supposed to be grateful for the crumbs you toss up in reparation? I used to buy coins pretty regularly in this game. NEVER again. You stolen your last galleon from me.