Is the game too easy now for high level players?

OldDogHowlsOldDogHowls Posts: 7 ✭✭
in General Questions #1 latest comment 14 September, 2020, 06:39 pm.

I’m level 53 and after 3 days of about 3 hours a day I am 86 % to level 54. Yes I have a lot of my skill tree built out but it doesn’t seam like much of a challenge if I can level up in less than 1 week when I’m in the 50’s

Comments

• CBG92CBG92 Posts: 311 ✭✭✭
    #225 August, 2020, 03:22 am.

Depends on who you ask I think. I'm nearly level 47 but I'm also a daily, since day one, player. I don't think it's as easy as a lot of people make it out to be. That's my personal experience playing though. It'll differ depending on gameplay experience

• BenTigerBenTiger Posts: 450 ✭✭✭✭
    #325 August, 2020, 04:19 pm.

Personally, it got a lot easier to level, with the release of the S.O.S. tree. I was level 55, when it was released, then jumped to 60 within three weeks. That means that I had about 11 million exp earned over a year, then jumped up over 6 million exp in only three weeks...

• RabbeinuTamRabbeinuTam Posts: 165 ✭✭✭
    #425 August, 2020, 07:24 pm.

Easier to level up, but still have the same quality (if not better) gameplay.

• BenTigerBenTiger Posts: 450 ✭✭✭✭
    #526 August, 2020, 12:29 am.

If you see someone with about 30k for their S.O.S. score, that is a good indicator that they are maxed on S.O.S. skills, pending future event rewards.

S.O.S. score seems to be the new indicator for progress, but there are many, like myself, that are at the point where we are waiting on event rewards to make any progress.

• RabbeinuTamRabbeinuTam Posts: 165 ✭✭✭
    #626 August, 2020, 01:25 am.

*peeks at own S.O.S. score*

"EEEEEK!"

Have alot of work to be done.

• cilipadinzcilipadinz Posts: 1 ✭✭
    #729 August, 2020, 09:49 am.

Absolutely! Before the SOS skill tree release, I aimed to get 100K XP per week. Now, with a 40-min Baruffio's and several Trace charms, I can get that in one session. It's insane how fast I'm leveling up. On the last Wizarding Weekend, I got 1.2M XP over two days due to all those Whomping Willows. I was Level 54 when SOS skill tree released, currently I'm nearly Level 58, and expect to reach Level 60 by end of September. I might slow down after that as I have nearly all my pages at gold, but I'm loving the game at the moment.

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 741 ✭✭✭✭
    #829 August, 2020, 10:47 am.

maybe "fast pushing" this level is for the requirement for next lesson of profession (minimum level 60 perhaps)?

just a maybe thou. LoL

• RaidenglRaidengl Posts: 31 ✭✭
    #1031 August, 2020, 04:34 am.

I'm a level 47 with a 9005 SOS and waiting on RSB and DAD books as well. But I also still have some skill tree stuff that doesn't require those books I haven't completed. I've avoided most of the greenhouse classes because I rarely visit the greenhouses. I'm a completist though. My plan is to finish all the classes eventually as well as all three professions. I do wish there was a way to earn the RSBs and DADs outside of the events.

I wouldn't mind a class that increases the chances of acquiring silver keys as well. I completed the class False Passage and wouldn't mind if that frequency where turned up a teensy bit. I completed it about a week ago and have only gotten one spell book from Hogwarts chests so far.

• HinkyjinksHinkyjinks Posts: 36 ✭✭
    #1112 September, 2020, 12:53 am.

I have to agree with this assessment. I’ve leveled up from 46 to 56 in the month since they unveiled the SOS skill tree. I’m almost to 57 and have stopped using Barrufulo’s during dragon week because I dread hitting level 60. I’m a daily player, but I don’t really see the point in playing past level 60. I imagine there are quite a few of us in this position. I hope they get rid of the level 60 cap, at a minimum, to retain veteran players.

• KisekiRinKisekiRin Posts: 1 ✭✭
    edited September 14 #1214 September, 2020, 06:11 pm.

No, it's not too easy. I've done a stupid amount of late night g.r.i.n.d.ing to get to where the game is fun more often than it's not. I suspect that people who think it is also live or work in areas with very high spawn rates and concentration of POIs.

I really wish people who think it's too easy would just play what they want and then find something else to do with their time, or set higher goals for their own selves, instead of pushing for difficulty increases that hit everyone else.

Edit: Wow, I cannot believe that the English verb meaning to scrape into smaller pieces, or colloquially, to put in hours of game play on monotonous tasks, is censored. I am aware there is a usage with s*xual connotations, but this is a board for a video game.

• CBG92CBG92 Posts: 311 ✭✭✭
    #1314 September, 2020, 06:39 pm.

"I really wish people who think it's too easy would just play what they want and then find something else to do with their time, or set higher goals for their own selves, instead of pushing for difficulty increases that hit everyone else"

This right here. I completely agree @KisekiRin

I'm getting pretty tired of every time I or someone else says it's getting too hard/frustrating I'm told I'm not trying hard enough when I play all day, every day, and have just hit level 49. Not that someone whose level is way lower isn't either but plenty of users act here like if you are lower level that your opinion doesn't/shouldn't matter and that isn't okay. At all. Obviously we are all going to have different opinions on that but lower level players matter just as much as hardcore ones, and they SHOULD. I was able to get to gold from basic for this event, however it felt nearly impossible because we were literally given nothing. No energy, no keys, no free store pack like with any other event so all we could do to progress is pay for hundreds of keys. I only had ELEVEN going into it because I try and use them on regular ones as much as possible to stock up on energy. They just threw normal event procedures out the window and left everyone to fend for themselves for the week. Was it worth the money? Of course! Were we forced to spend? Of course not. However the lack of resources was highly disappointing and I hope next time they adjust dragon eggs, either by making them also spawn some other way or increasing the amount of fragments you get per portkey, not for me but for other users who will still need them.