Fortress Fighting Bonuses

WatsonCoalWatsonCoal Posts: 1 ✭✭
in Feature Requests #1 latest comment 18 September, 2020, 08:06 pm.

There doesn’t seem to be any motivation to actually fight foes in Fortresses. 

By successfully completing a chamber, we get a rune stone bonus, a chamber bonus, and a teammate bonus. There are no bonuses for number of foes defeated, potions used, or for helping out battle mates.

This means that battle mates who only use their special powers for their own self-interest, not for the benefit of the team or other battle mates, get the same bonuses as the rest of us. Even worse, I’ve encountered players who sit on the sidelines and seem to engage foes minimally, if at all. How is it that they could get the same bonuses as the rest of us?

Don’t say it doesn’t happen. I experimented one time with each scenario to see if my complaint was valid, and it is.

Comments

• TyrandausTravisTyrandausTravis Posts: 52 ✭✭
    #219 August, 2020, 01:47 pm.
  • Violet1926Violet1926 Posts: 1
    #317 September, 2020, 07:19 pm.

I have noticed this too, it’s only obvious when there are just 2 or 3 of you. Some people just don’t engage in any combat and still reap the rewards. I tried stopping too once when the other person wasn’t doing anything and they just left completely when they realised I wasn’t going to continue carrying them. Definitely needs addressing.

• Niff1erTick1erNiff1erTick1er Posts: 52 ✭✭
    #417 September, 2020, 09:38 pm.

I agree, but as a Professor, if an Auror takes a Pixie or Werewolf and leaves me with a 3-star death eater, I'll sit on my hands. I see no reason to blow 6-10 energy when they can use 1-2. Their lack of understanding of the game is not my problem. Conversely, if werewolves drop over and over, I have no problem taking every single one while the Magi's and Aurors save their energy, for the exact same reason.

• BormacskaBormacska Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #518 September, 2020, 08:06 pm.

The thing with that @Niff1erTick1er is the auror may be going in to do first strike. If I have no foes on the board and you have seven, I will often take this strategy to knock things down a bit and see if a dw or de appears. I will also be thrilled when the professor just knocks foes to half and I can mop up behind them. It should be about strategic team play.