Suggestion: Gift Preference feature in Social
Not sure if this has been suggested/discussed before (search results weren't immediately obvious), but I would like to suggest adding a way to indicate which of the three types of gift each player wishes to receive from their friends.
Yes, there are talks about what types of gifts one should gift and there are obvious reasons why one rarity of gift is better than the other, but I'm suggesting a way for each individual player to take control and indicate simply which type of gift (spell energy, ingredient, or runestone) they wish to receive. I'm taking a page out from Final Fantasy Brave Exvius' friend gifting system.
- In the Social page, rename "Gifts to Send" tab to "Gifts".
- Recipient's POV:
- At the top of the Gifts tab, add a "Preferred Gift Type" picker (maybe just the icons to represent all three types of gifts) to indicate the type of gifts you wish to receive from your friends.
- Tapping on a gift icon will change your preference that will be shown to your friends whenever they are in a screen related to gifting. That's it for the recipient's POV.
- Sender's POV:
- In the Friends tab, perhaps the "Open Gift" and "Send" buttons can now include the icon of the gift type within each button and shorten the texts so as to save screen space. The Open Gift button simply becomes "Open <icon>" and the Send button becomes "Send <icon>", with the respective <icon> showing the type of gift the friend has sent you and the type of gift the friend wishes to receive (as set at point 2b).
- In the Friends tab, tapping the Send <icon> button on a friend will bring up a list of gifts that are sorted to the recipient's preference (e.g. if recipient selected Spell Energy Gifts as the preferred gift type, then Spell Energy Gifts shall be listed at the top) in descending order of rarity (e.g. Extravagant, specific potions, Essential, potion-specific ingredients, basic).
- In the Gifts tab, tapping on a gift shall open the list of friends with matching preferred gift type (e.g. tapping on a Rune Gift shall cause the friend list to be sorted with those preferring Rune Gifts appearing first at the top).
- The non-preferred types of gifts shall be listed after the preferred type of gifts regardless of which screen the sender is on in case the sender has run out of the type of gifts the recipient prefers.
- To reduce processing and UI jitter, any changes to friends' gift type preferences shall not be reflected to the sender until the sender exits and re-enter the Social page (or whatever the Devs deem plausible).
I expect that this feature could help players better manage the type of gifts they would receive to aid them in their wizarding journey.
For example, if I wish to focus on Wizarding Challenges today and I am running low on Runestones, I can indicate that I wish to receive Runestone Gifts and allow my friends to send me more of such gifts than other gifts. If I am running low on potions, I can indicate that I wish to receive Ingredient Gifts and hope to receive the desired ingredients in due time.
As a sender, I am currently prioritising extravagant and potion gifts to low-level players and essential runestone/spell energy gifts to mid- to high-level players based on my assumption that such gifts would be beneficial to these players at their current level (interpreted from their SOS LVL, given the current implementation). However, my assumptions can never beat the actual preference indicated by the players themselves, hence this suggestion. I'll never be able to distinguish the players who desperately need spell energy more than runestones from the players who prefer to sit by their cauldron all day brewing potions to fill their 999-slot potion inventory.
I hope this feature can help players receive their preferred types of gifts more often, regardless of their level of involvement in other online or offline social systems (e.g. face-to-face, Telegram, Discord, WhatsApp, Facebook, etc) and help senders to send the right gifts more quickly and efficiently.