High dark towers: Attention all MZs and Profs

TroutwizardTroutwizard Posts: 10 ✭✭
in Community Day #1 latest comment 18 October, 2020, 06:05 pm.

Hey gang, Just completed community day and let me tell you it is amateur hour out there in the High dark chambers. So to all MZs and Professors. Aurors are not passing focus for the fun of it. Focus is so ya'll can buff the group. Aurors and Profs need shields and whole group can use proficiency. This is why we wait for you to join our group!

MZs: your buff for elites is helpful. The earlier the better! We would wait for you anyway for the healing and revives. But hey, if you are doing neither, then what's the point. When you get done with your foe, revive the downfallen!!!

Any questions?

Comments

• HodilyBarmHodilyBarm Posts: 10 ✭✭
    #208 August, 2020, 09:13 am.

Seconded. I used my last two Strong Invigoration Draughts on a Professor who just left, not buffing or hexing anybody.

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 715 ✭✭✭✭
    #408 August, 2020, 12:22 pm.

And very often give confusion hex to spider. LoL

That 1 focus can do better elsewhere than confuse the spider.

• BihotzBihotz Posts: 1 ✭✭
    edited August 8 #508 August, 2020, 08:11 pm.

As a Magizoologist (main) / Auror (secondary or specialized situations), I can say that there are wizards of all classes who could use tips on how to play their class better.

Thank you for letting us know what Aurors appreciate in fortresses.

• SUPRMUMSUPRMUM Posts: 47 ✭✭
    #609 August, 2020, 12:54 am.

I can’t seem to find a group that understands the proper proportions of professions in high dark chambers. I’ll watch a third Professor join and refuse to bow out to leave room for the other much needed professions. I’m a professor and I know we don’t need three professors. 🙂.

For me the perfect mix is 2 profs, 2 aur, and 1 maz.

• Not4u13Not4u13 Posts: 25 ✭✭
    #811 August, 2020, 08:46 pm.

Definitely noticed this but expected it. I ended up in a Dark IV as a Auror with just a Prof and a Magi. Others bowed out late but at least before they were already in chamber.

I got knocked out early. Nothing. No help. So I decided to keep playing but not use any healing potions. Kept passing focus. Nothing. No help. We were defeated but I was trying to draw attention to a needed shield or revive. Nothing.

Hard to "teach" when you cannot chat. I do not expect either of them ever visit this forum.

• ChemistryIsFunChemistryIsFun Posts: 6
    #918 October, 2020, 12:57 am.

The two most important things an Auror can do:

1. Pass focus early to a prof to get shields and proficiency up. If you want to be shielded, pass the focus. If you don't pass focus, I assume you're not a team player,
    2. Confuse the Erklings and Werewolves. (Pixies too if none of your profs are maxed out.) Confusing an Erkling prevents it from dodging. (Same for Pixies, but they don't dodge against maxed out profs and you should be leaving them to the profs anyway.) Confusing a Werewolf makes it take substantially more damage every time it's hit. Weakening is nice and all, but those Confuses are way more helpful.

I play both prof and magi, so poor play from Aurors is most obvious to me. And is why I am reluctant to join any deep chamber that doesn't have two aurors (odds are better that at least one knows what they're doing) as well as a prof and a magi. If I'm getting two aurors worth of focus passed to me, I don't really need a second prof.

• RosieNuRosieNu Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #1018 October, 2020, 07:23 am.

Hey all, I don't think it's specific to auroras, I am maxed Prof lvl 43 and close to completion on auror tree and half of MZ. I play all of them so I understand what's needed. I constantly get annoyed with players say when I'm prof with 3 ars and pixie appears with 3 death eaters and someone picks up the pixie 1st, why? Auroras are stronger aganinst DE's.... Also I have had the problem of no energy in Chambers as a Prof but also when I play aur I give to profs who do nothing, they're full but do nothing with it.

I think chat would help, I don't have a team I play with so always end up with randoms, I get some great players and some really bad ones. If you want an easy game then play lower Chambers.

I'm not claiming to be awsome but try to think what the team needs is my suggestion.

• OdetshkiOdetshki Posts: 43 ✭✭
    #1118 October, 2020, 01:05 pm.

It really is annoying when you give focus and prof det hexes my darks. I can down those things if I just stay alive and that focus you just used could have shielded one of us (det hex is also 3 focus, right?). And then proficiency goes up when I'm battling my last foe, like why?!? I feel like profs and magis are such an important members of the team, that when they ain't playing "right", it's so noticiable. But I'll scold the double hexing, not focus sharing aurors just as much as anyone. We have cheapest hexes people, and that's why we have the focus to share. Also lately I have seen a lot of attacking wrong foes. I don't understand, the green up, red down, squiggly for neutral is a simple system. Why doesn't someone understand it? I've been playing little under 3 months now and I just learned this week that you should confuse the wolves rather than weaken them if you have to choose. And i've done research a lot. So some things just doesn't always register as they should, even if people are trying to learn 😂 But there should be training rooms and only after you pass them with high enough grades, then you should be able to go to Darks.

• Dewin99Dewin99 Posts: 751 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1218 October, 2020, 03:47 pm.

Preaching to the choir @Odetshki

• RegulusPTRegulusPT Posts: 17 ✭✭
    #1318 October, 2020, 04:37 pm.

@Kodokmag: «confusion hex to spider».

Priority:

Weakness Hex - All foes, prioritizing elites, dangerous and fierce.

Confusion Hex - Dangerous and fierce werewolfs, imposing, dangerous and fierce dark wizards and erklings.

(I would like that dangerous and fierce werewolves, pixies and erklings have been hexed in the first place, but it is my opinion).

When possible:

Confusion Hex - All foes (Yes, including acromantulas and death Eaters). Why? Because, three impairments means more 12 power to professores.

Since we are a team and the clock is counting, all we benefit and professors appreciate, because they save some spell energy.

• AttritionAttrition Posts: 88 ✭✭✭
    #1418 October, 2020, 05:44 pm.

@RegulusPT Confusion to werewolves and erklings is a higher priority than weakness to anything.

#1518 October, 2020, 05:49 pm.

@Attrition, you think that, I think that, but are other opinions. Said that, when the strategy is different we have to adapt.

#1618 October, 2020, 05:54 pm.

@RegulusPT People can have other opinions, but not all opinions are equal. Opinions supported by math and reason, for example prioritizing confusion on werewolves and erklings over weakness, are better than unsupported opinions that don't have any basis in reality.

#1718 October, 2020, 05:59 pm.

@Attrition, and don't forget confusion on dangerous or fierce pixies. A professor without shield or a magizoologist, apreciate!

#1818 October, 2020, 06:05 pm.

@RegulusPT As a professor, the pixies have such a small health pool, and I can **** them so fast, I would rather have the auror spend that focus on confusing a werewolf or erkling, or sharing it with me to get shields out to everyone. (I always use a strong invigoration to lead off with the proficiency buff, so that is a non issue.)

But this is a better of example of two different ways to see an issue. Confusion is much more useful on a pixie than weakness on a werewolf or erkling.