We're aware of an issue where some players are unable to access the app. If you're experiencing this issue, please write into support. Web Contact Form
Disappointed and frustrated..... — Harry Potter: Wizards Unite Community Forum

Disappointed and frustrated.....

WickedOne75WickedOne75 Posts: 6 ✭✭
in Story #1 latest comment 22 August, 2020, 07:19 pm.

I’ve been a daily player of this game since July of 2019... I’ve spent hundreds of dollars

on to upgrade capacities and on port keys.. I am DEDICATED to this game and it soooo helped me with my horrible anxiety and I was SO SO SO excited About the new updates in S.O.S until I really started to look at the cost of each “level or skill”. This is absolutely the most frustrating new feature. To make a new skill cost 80 DADA books is insane especially when we only got SIx (6) out of the last event!!! Do y’all understand just how long that’s going to take to collect?!?!? YEARS... and that’s just for upgrading 1! The. U have to start all over again to do the next one. I can’t believe that the game gods here though these were fair. I’m so disappointed that they are this dang greedy. I’m just going to have to stop playing.... it’s a heartbreaking choice for me but the frustration is just too much. I understa

d why so many people have quit playing. I really wanted to keep going.

Comments

• BenTigerBenTiger Posts: 365 ✭✭✭✭
    #208 August, 2020, 05:20 am.

You received five (5) DADA books, not six (6). Two events so far, so 10 total.

• WickedOne75WickedOne75 Posts: 6 ✭✭
    #308 August, 2020, 11:53 pm.

Well... even better :(

• SeaChleSeaChle Posts: 23 ✭✭
    #410 August, 2020, 02:31 pm.

@WickedOne75 , this week’s brilliant event includes 15 Restricted Section Books and 10 DADA books. It’s not a ton, but it’s a better count. As the game evolves and the developers continue to release features, I keep telling myself that one of the new features will increase the book drop frequency. Fingers crossed!

• WickedOne75WickedOne75 Posts: 6 ✭✭
    #521 August, 2020, 10:53 pm.

I don’t see that happening. The DADA books are just ridiculous. I mean come on!! Saving up for more than a year for just one (1) skill?!?!? It would take 12 years to just master 8! This is such a huge letdown. Come in gamegods... you can do better than this.

• AurorsFocusPlsAurorsFocusPls Posts: 27 ✭✭
    #622 August, 2020, 12:24 am.

@WickedOne75 after SOS addition the worst thing now is the increase of resist/departure ratios and that I have to use a ton of potions as if I'm back at lvl 20 again (I'm lvl 45 rn, halfway to 46). A masterful + a potent on an emergency were enough but now the foundables resist 3 masterfuls + a potent in a row! It's especially upsetting because of the current event. It will be provably the first one I won't finish (unless I don't eat and play 24/7 the whole weekend). The SOS upgrades mean that I'll gain my mastery back but it's not fair to take away something I've already had for a while and also gate it so much! I'm not planning to quit playing atm but this change in catching success annoys me a lot. I'm playing probably because I've guilded a half of my pages before the change went live.

Out of curiosity, has anything changed for you in catching foundables?

• AlexiaTarabottiAlexiaTarabotti Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #722 August, 2020, 04:34 am.

So I saw a complaint about miserly rewards - supporting that. Love the game. Get 💩 from family (understandably) every time I spend money on it because the monetary value doesn’t exist outside the game, and money spent doesn’t add a lot to the game play (burn through energy really fast, event rewards don’t give you much toward actual game goals). There are a number of ‘achievements’ that are impossible to achieve because the numbers just don’t exist in the game, like number of distinct spells (hasn’t changed since the game started) and number of lessons in each profession (also hasn’t changed since the game started). Maybe don’t post achievement goals until you can actually achieve them? Graphics are awesome, picture options are cute although stock photos of clothing don’t make a lot of sense - stock backgrounds should probably be scenery instead of shirts, so the frames make more sense. Love Oddities and the SOS boosts are cool, if frustrating due to miserly DOD rewards.

• HatteressHatteress Posts: 1
    #822 August, 2020, 04:57 am.

If there wasba secret requirements after completing the original ones i mever got them which means i didnt get the extra books either

• CeruleanGirlCeruleanGirl Posts: 373 ✭✭✭✭
    #922 August, 2020, 06:20 am.

@Hatteress What are you talking about?

• CeruleanGirlCeruleanGirl Posts: 373 ✭✭✭✭
    #1022 August, 2020, 06:24 am.

@AurorsFocusPls If you were returning emergency traces every time before with one masterful cast and a potent, you were getting lucky and should be grateful for it. A potent and a masterful were not a guaranteed return before, just as they aren’t now.

• AurorsFocusPlsAurorsFocusPls Posts: 27 ✭✭
    #1122 August, 2020, 10:16 am.

@CeruleanGirl it's a simple example but nevermind.

• BarefootTikiBarefootTiki Posts: 28 ✭✭
    #1222 August, 2020, 07:19 pm.

Yes, as soon as I saw the new SOS training thing, I realized they had not been working on a story at all. :-(

Just ****