Score decreased

adelcoazadelcoaz Posts: 2 ✭✭
in Wizarding Challenges + Professions #1 latest comment 17 August, 2020, 09:50 pm.

My combat training score has decreased about 3000 points, is that normal? My skill tree is just as it used to be, so are my scrolls and spell books, the only thing that changed is my score.

Comments

• ImaginatioImaginatio Posts: 777 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #202 August, 2020, 08:25 pm.

@adelcoaz hello and welcome to the forum. The combat training score decreasing is a known bug that the HPWU team are already looking into and it seems to be caused by completing skills/lessons. In order to get back to the higher score you can switch your profession to another one and then back to your original profession, which should work. However completing another skill may cause it to decrease again, so you may also need to repeat the profession switching trick too.

Hope this helps 😊

• SilverWolfSrSilverWolfSr Posts: 11 ✭✭
    #302 August, 2020, 09:05 pm.

Yes @Imaginatio is correct. Every time I complete another skill I have to switch from Auror to another profession and back, because it drops my 50682 maxed out Auror to 28K and something. Haven’t noticed if it actually makes a difference in battle or not if I go into a chamber before remembering to switch it back, but I don’t think so.

• adelcoazadelcoaz Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #403 August, 2020, 04:46 am.

Thanks a lot @Imaginatio and @SilverWolfSr it's worked and now everything is normal.

• VegallaVegalla Posts: 1
    #516 August, 2020, 09:40 am.

Hi, I also have this kind of problem. Sometimes my auror combat score is the maxed out 50k, and sometimes it is 28k.

Reading the replies above from @Imaginatio and @SilverWolfSr now I’m confused. I can change professions? Will it affect my current profession?

TIA

#616 August, 2020, 12:40 pm.

@Vegalla Hello and welcome to the forum! 😊

Yes, you can change professions. The books and scrolls you invest in any profession stay there with that profession and you don’t lose progress, so you can switch and play as whichever profession you want. There are many players who have invested in more than one profession, a few of which who started early in the game have maxed all three professions.

As a maxed Auror, if you change to another profession then the combat score changes accordingly, but your progress in the Auror tree is still the same, so you can switch back to the Auror profession and it will still be maxed. The combat score should however reset to the higher value.

Hope this answers your question and helps. 😊

• AttritionAttrition Posts: 93 ✭✭✭
    #716 August, 2020, 08:54 pm.

Just out of curiosity, is there a reason everyone is assuming the higher value is the correct one? I may have missed some official statement clarifying that, but if there has not been a clarification, it seems a mistake to make the assumption. Before the SOS update, at maximum professor rank, the Dark V tower was listed in red. In the current form, Dark V is only listed in red with the lower score (approximately 37,000). I suspect the higher score (approximately 67,000) may actually be the glitch.

edited August 17 #817 August, 2020, 01:27 am.

@Attrition not looking at any official statements, the main reason the higher score is assumed to be the correct one, is because the lower number doesn’t make sense. Before the new combat score system, reaching level 15 by maxing a profession counted as being capable of doing Dark V with that profession as that was the level recommended for Dark V. However it was clear that through good team work being at level 14 and possibly 13, completing Dark V was also still possible. The new system tries to quantify that in a different way and suddenly saying a player who has completed a profession, now is no longer recommended to complete the higher chambers with that profession because the lower number is correct just doesn’t make sense.

Also, although I haven’t seen an exact official statement, this was a post by @HPWUblue which pointed towards the higher number being the correct one:

However, the HPWU team are currently looking into the glitch, so maybe the numbers might change again once a fix is applied. Maybe. No idea. 🤷‍♀️

Guess we’ll just have to wait and see what happens.

• Ermintrude123Ermintrude123 Posts: 3
    #917 August, 2020, 07:35 am.

It's so annoying. My score was 33k+ now down to 17460. Need to compete in my highest chamber. But it won't allow as my score is too low

• Dewin99Dewin99 Posts: 753 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1017 August, 2020, 08:31 am.

@Ermintrude123 Look up and read post #2

• MtPolluxMtPollux Posts: 720 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1117 August, 2020, 11:56 am.

@Attrition in the old system, the fact that Dark V was listed in red for someone with a maxed profession (level 15) was a bug. It was confirmed over and over that in the fortress, a player's profession level showed as 1 lower than it really was, so a maxed player only showed up as being level 14. Dark V was intended to show as okay for a maxed profession.

Following that logic, it should also be okay now for someone with a maxed profession. This is why it makes sense that the higher number is correct.

#1217 August, 2020, 03:27 pm.

@MtPollux I hear what you're saying, but at the same time, my lower profession max of 37544 seems much more related to the Dark V difficulty of 39034 than my higher max of 67580. I guess we'll just have to see what happens when/if this is fixed.

#1317 August, 2020, 08:33 pm.

@Attrition that may be the case for a Professor, but for a Magizoologist and Auror, the lower max scores are 28205 and 28157 respectively, whilst the higher max scores are 50770 and 50682. This means that the lower max scores for those professions are quite a bit lower than the recommended number for the higher Dark chambers.

#1417 August, 2020, 09:13 pm.

@Imaginatio Hmm...that puts the two scores each about 11,000 from the difficulty rating. Maybe a fix will reveal that neither score is accurate and that something is wrong with the way it's computed altogether.

#1517 August, 2020, 09:50 pm.

@Attrition that may be the case. The scores might change again once the fix is applied. 🤷‍♀️

I have a feeling that the current scores have something to do with the amount of books and scrolls that have been used to advance in the tree - particularly green books, which may explain the higher scores for Professors. 🧐🤔