Note about the Brilliant Event: Brilliant Bogrod the Goblin can be placed by tapping the area under his elbow. The Brilliant Shopping List can be placed by tapping the bottom left corner. Click here for images.
Combat potion selection is frustrating! — Harry Potter: Wizards Unite Community Forum

Combat potion selection is frustrating!

Dustydude5Dustydude5 Posts: 5
in Feature Requests #1 latest comment 04 August, 2020, 01:40 pm.

So while in a wizarding challenge and in combat, I go to select a wit sharpening or healing potion or something and I hate the way the potions are displayed!!! The scroll quickly until you find the one you need but you select the wrong one cause it’s organized so poorly is very annoying. I don’t want to scroll left or right I get to the one I want while trying to be speedy so I can attack before I get hit. This user interface needs to be updated. How about a simple grid displaying all my possible potions without going through a roll-a-dex style to find it. I have selected the wrong potion sooooooo many times because of this.

Does anyone else have this problem? Seems like a simple fix since every other part of the game uses a grid scrolling down system. The side scrolling wheel of potions is just not intuitive and is super easy to mess up and pic the wrong estimulo or something. Please update this part of the combat system.

it would also be cool if it showed you the range of damage that the potion could potentially do against that opponent like a normal hit compared to a critical.

Comments

• WSDC13888WSDC13888 Posts: 62 ✭✭✭
    #202 August, 2020, 05:23 pm.

Agree that the scrolling is unnecessary, and rows would be better. The bubble animation for using the potions should also be skippable.

• NonCreativeKidNonCreativeKid Posts: 12 ✭✭
    #302 August, 2020, 05:32 pm.

For me, the scrolling sometimes doesn't actually scroll, or I somehow click away from the scroll (or something), and it takes me out of the selection before I can get the one I want.

• ElisaWilsonElisaWilson Posts: 73 ✭✭
    #404 August, 2020, 08:54 am.

I wrote last November with a similar complain/suggestion after a Fortress based Community day. Back then someone showed me an even earlier forum topic with pretty much the same discussion. It seems that people are asking about a change almost since the beginning of the game, but apparently such changes are not high on the priority list. Or not on it at all.

• TyrandausTravisTyrandausTravis Posts: 17 ✭✭
    #504 August, 2020, 01:40 pm.

First you could get rid of some potions in this menu in combat (invigoration) as they are useless there, or at least not put them in "quick access" (ie potions you can access without scroll).

Sometimes this UI is very complex to use, it does not scroll or scrolls too fast, not good in the combat rush. Maybe it is when my screen has a little dirt or moisture but tactile UI should be somehow robust to this...