Doxy droppings and Werewolves hair

Comments

• CytopeAchenCytopeAchen Posts: 354 ✭✭✭✭
    #3227 July, 2019, 09:49 am.

@JulieJubz the bow is a random drop from the fortress whenever you use an Oddities Runestone.

@Digitalis might be able to shed some light on the combination of fortress level and runestone level for the bow vs the egg, if there is one...

I feel your pain, yesterday morning I was in the same boat on the Doxies and then I popped off 10 or so. I just ignored everything but base Oddities traces and ran if it wasn't a Doxy until I completed them.

• JulieJubzJulieJubz Posts: 640 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #3327 July, 2019, 09:58 am.

@CytopeAchen thanks for the info. I feel like I’ve already used so many oddity runes but never had the luck of getting the bow.

Also, I am currently up trying to catch a doxy and nothing... I’ve seen one leprechaun at 5:30 and that’s been it. I just want to go back to sleep, haha.

My town isn’t bad and I know it’s safe (as far as I know) to walk around in the morning and all that. But I seriously don’t want to go walking alone at 5:30+ just for this. Kind of wish they showed up a little easier at least.

• Overflow4487Overflow4487 Posts: 390 ✭✭✭✭
    #3427 July, 2019, 12:01 pm.

@JulieJubz The bow is a reward that can drop from doing the fortress battles using the oddity runestones.

• ZookiTabookiZookiTabooki Posts: 637 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #3527 July, 2019, 01:46 pm.

@JulieJubz I feel your pain. As long as it says DAWN you are good to go. While tackling this assignment I would wake early, boot the game, clear any confoundables on the map, just lie in bed and wait. I got my first one this way. The others I took a short walk to our local park and that was hit and miss. Elusive they are. On my last Doxy I was dressed and ready to head out the door when one spawned right in front of me. SWEET! saved me the walk. Easiest way is to make sure the game is up at dawn and it'll only be a matter of time. Can you sleep with one eye open? 😜😁

• DogoutlawDogoutlaw Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #3627 July, 2019, 01:49 pm.

@JulieJubz bows are from the fortress.

• Osprey1Osprey1 Posts: 594 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #3727 July, 2019, 01:52 pm.

Got mine this morning. Although I did a total of 6km, I found the majority of my doxies hanging out in the parking lot of a nearby apartment complex that is always good for a lot of foundables.

• DigitalisDigitalis Posts: 188 ✭✭✭
    #3827 July, 2019, 02:30 pm.

i had a whole thing typed out and then tried to tag people and lost it all. this forum is horrible for screwing up your text, and more frustrating then trying to find a centaur bow. at least the bow is fun.

basically dont use multiple oddities runes in a row, chances of getting no oddities object increase lots by using them consecutively or in a near time frame. use one and then either play with other runes or go do something else and come back later and try again.

keep at it, you will find them. its frustrating, but in a fun way - the rarity makes it worth more, and more rewarding when you find it. i like that it is hard.

and when you tag the wrong name it shouldnt be so frustrating to try to delete it, and cost you all your text to do so.

• AcumenAcumen Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #3927 July, 2019, 03:36 pm.

Hahaha @Digitalis, I share your pain. I've had tons of trouble with posts on this UI. I think the last bit of trouble I had was because my post was held for review but I didn't see the notification, so I wrote it again and ended up double-posting. Other times, I've just had my text and even the text-box disappear entirely, like you described, especially on my phone.

@JulieJubz you'll definitely get through it. I was doing the same thing, getting up before dawn even started and walking around for two hours. The hard work didn't pay off though. I've snagged most of my doxies from bed while still waking up, or while brushing my teeth or making coffee, lol. Like others have said, don't worry about putting in a bunch of extra effort to find them. As long as the app is open at dawn, you'll stumble across a few eventually.

#4027 July, 2019, 04:59 pm.

Yep, I’ve caught all my doxies from bed. Only nine, but at least I didn’t have to fight my internal clock to get them. Props to those of you actually leaving your house to go hunting!👏🏻👏🏻

• CassasauresrexCassasauresrex Posts: 32 ✭✭
    #4127 July, 2019, 10:02 pm.

I’ve seen the serpent oddities at all times of the day except night.

• CytopeAchenCytopeAchen Posts: 354 ✭✭✭✭
    #4227 July, 2019, 10:53 pm.

@d@Digitalis thank you for the info on switching runestones around and sorta glad to hear it's not just me having issues tagging and posting... 😕

• PsychoCPAPsychoCPA Posts: 10 ✭✭
    #4329 July, 2019, 03:55 am.

werewolf tufts of hair..... so is this now a wait until a full moon? If we missed the full moon a week ago and just got to this SOS, we are SOL (surely out of luck) and have to wait 2-3 more weeks to complete?

(FYI, was out and about once from 3am to 6am and never , nor during my other “normal” hours at night, have a ever seen a serpent or leprechaun yet)

#4429 July, 2019, 06:40 am.

@PsychoCPA yep on waiting on full moon.

• WerewolfChaserWerewolfChaser Posts: 643 ✭✭✭✭
    #4529 July, 2019, 06:43 am.

@PsychoCPA if it makes you feel any better beta players are stuck at finding the redacted report and recover the London 5.

The devs are aware of it and can't tell us when it will be fixed. /sigh

• PsychoCPAPsychoCPA Posts: 10 ✭✭
    #4631 July, 2019, 01:45 am.

That’ll teach me to pay more attention to the SOS UGH.... took me a while to even realize they were there.... and I’ve been playing since day 1! (Not beta).... oh well, Lvl 30 is my next goal until the next full moon! Just about at 26 (Sigh)

• Trouble451Trouble451 Posts: 1
    #4705 August, 2019, 12:30 am.

I heard an hour before sunrise and an hour after sunset.

• phoenixbreezephoenixbreeze Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #4806 August, 2019, 06:39 pm.

I found all the doxy droppings needed in my neighborhood instead of in the park where I usually play. One morning heading out at 530 is all it took. btw doxies don't have flairs ... Happy hunting

• MacgyverionMacgyverion Posts: 6 ✭✭
    #4911 August, 2019, 03:28 pm.

I finally found over 10 Doxies! I followed all the suggestions here for a week and it wasn't working... until Sunday morning. All I found was Leprechauns during the 'dawn' time (before 7am, after 7am it was still dawn but only centaurs spawned). Once I saw one doxy at 6am, I walked around the neighborhood and found 10 more. One trace each as they only have 10 health. Little dragon poops found. Now to wait until a full moon and get me some werewolves.

• AcumenAcumen Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #5011 August, 2019, 05:09 pm.

That's great, @Macgyverion! Congrats! I want to prestige that registry page, but it'll take take at least two years at the current rate because I've only spotted two horned serpents since the game began. I live in a desert biome and spotted those two one early morning when it happened to be cool and raining. The fact that I've seen a couple gives me hope that I'll see more, but cool rainy days are far and few between here in West Texas during the summer. Looking forward to Fall! I'm jealous of players in other regions see lots of them. I do spot plenty of all the other oddities each day though, except for werewolves of course since they're subject to moon phase.

• QuinncelotQuinncelot Posts: 1
    #5114 August, 2019, 11:44 am.

No doxies in Manhattan, alas. They clearly must prefer the suburbs! 🤣

• LornahhgLornahhg Posts: 5 ✭✭
    #5217 August, 2019, 06:21 am.

Can anyone give any advise on brown centraurs. We see everything else around us, tripping over horned serpents, leprauchans, vampires, doxies, werewolves, erklings. We can find everything else, but have never seen a brown centaur. We are rural, but go into the city regularly at both day and night. They seem so common for everyone else.

• halloweenjunkyhalloweenjunky Posts: 5 ✭✭
    #5317 August, 2019, 07:43 am.

One day I'll get a doxy, but working 1pm-9pm means I will struggle to get up at dawn! Hopefully dawn will move in winter to a more sociable time for us with bad work patterns.

• DosElDosEl Posts: 31 ✭✭
    #5417 August, 2019, 06:40 pm.

@Lornahhg I randomly find brown centraurs throughout the day. Both day and night.

• HypnoTravelerHypnoTraveler Posts: 77 ✭✭
    edited August 2019 #5517 August, 2019, 07:12 pm.

Doxys for me have been fairly consistent between 6-7 AM (Daylight Savings Time). Helped when I finally saw they were the purple icon for Oddities and without a beam.

Brown centaurs have seemed common so I haven’t paid attention to a pattern.

#5617 August, 2019, 09:41 pm.

Everyone, except my wife and I, find centaurs common. We’ve finished all the other catchable oddities except centaurs, never even seen one. Seems very odd. Messaged niantic and they just said to explore and I’m like “I have been, look at what I’ve caught, this seems to be a glitch”.

#5717 August, 2019, 10:10 pm.

@Lornahhg there’s a few theories about oddities. One is each oddity tends to be particular to certain biomes, and it’s only found there. If that’s the case, I’m in the centaurs preferred environment. Some people never see the horned serpents, but see everything else. I don’t know if that would explain your lack of centaurs, but given how common they are for some, it seems quite plausible.

• HypnoTravelerHypnoTraveler Posts: 77 ✭✭
    #5818 August, 2019, 04:01 am.

That fits with my experience also @Dogoutlaw I see centaurs regularly but haven’t seen a horned serpent yet.

#5918 August, 2019, 07:08 am.

@Dogoutlaw I live in Scotland, pretty much rainy and cool. Can I ask where you live/what sort of biome, out of curiosity.

@HypnoTraveler we see horned serpents several times a night, we catch them just for sport/xp. Come to Scotland for a trip....😂😂

• MtPolluxMtPollux Posts: 569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #6018 August, 2019, 12:22 pm.

@Lornahhg I'm sorry to hear about your lack of centaurs. They're so common here (northeast USA) that I stopped tapping them for a while. In fact, increasing my power to the point that I could beat them in 1 hit was the only reason that I started going after them again.

They can appear any time of day, but they are most common during the daytime hours (between dawn and dusk). Hopefully a few will show up for you eventually!

• DubiousAffairsDubiousAffairs Posts: 235 ✭✭✭
    #6118 August, 2019, 12:29 pm.

I live at the edge of a city, near a small river and woods. I have seen all oddities (apart from the doxy, because Dawn).

I have seen Horned Serpents both in town and at the edge of the woods. Same for leprechauns and vamps. Centaurs mostly in greener areas, the few pixies seen were mostly town-ish. Erklings everywhere... -_- So, so tired of seeing those.