Note about the Brilliant Event: Brilliant Bogrod the Goblin can be placed by tapping the area under his elbow. The Brilliant Shopping List can be placed by tapping the bottom left corner. Click here for images.
SOS Appraisal Super High? — Harry Potter: Wizards Unite Community Forum

SOS Appraisal Super High?

SUPRMUMSUPRMUM Posts: 39 ✭✭
in General Questions #1 latest comment 03 August, 2020, 03:38 am.

I have been **** to get the resources to pull my appraisal over 3818. Some people on my list have almost twice this. Is it possible to have scores well over 6000 at this point in the game? If so - other than trace charms on Emergency traces using BBE - what is the secret?!?

Comments

• SUPRMUMSUPRMUM Posts: 39 ✭✭
    #202 August, 2020, 05:43 am.

That word that was starred out is not a swear word 🙄😂

• BenTigerBenTiger Posts: 243 ✭✭✭✭
    #302 August, 2020, 06:16 am.

6k is not high. Work on your mastery and trace charm, then points come in faster and faster.

• SUPRMUMSUPRMUM Posts: 39 ✭✭
    #402 August, 2020, 02:58 pm.

Wow. Ok - I’m clearly a crappy Wizard 🤨😜😃 That’s great! I probably would be considered part of the Gig Economy of Wizardry. Hoping to go part time someday - full time is a dream to be realized when the wizard union offers healthcare coverage.

• WSDC13888WSDC13888 Posts: 62 ✭✭✭
    #502 August, 2020, 09:52 pm.

If you have the restricted section books to buy 7/8 trace charm proficiency, and are able to cover lots of ground during good oddity weather or during events with good red beam spawns, you'll get tons of books.

• BocaGBocaG Posts: 40 ✭✭
    #602 August, 2020, 11:55 pm.

Did they berg the charm, the last three I used pulled only event spawn! Granted the6 were on orange and not reds, I targeted these for specific reasons and was let down

• AttritionAttrition Posts: 17 ✭✭
    #703 August, 2020, 03:23 am.

@BocaG Are you 100% positive you didn't mistakenly place your charms on an event trace near the orange? My girlfriend and I have both placed over 50 trace charms, all on orange and red beams, and we've never had anything but red and orange beams spawn as a result.

@SUPRMUM To answer your question, more than 6-8k SOS is entirely possible. My girlfriend and I are both over 21,000 and climbing quickly. The trick, as others have mentioned, is spending your initial books on trace charm upgrades. The one that allows you to recover trace charms from trunks is especially valuable (Studious Success - Calamity Essentials II, level 32 - then open Inn-valuable Help).

Using the trace charm on a red beam trace will spawn more red beamed traces. If it's on a gold page, you'll get 6 trunks for placing it, which is 6 opportunities to refresh your trace charm cast. With a couple hours of targeted trace hunting at dusk for horned serpents, or even less time on overcast days looking for three headed dogs, or even just using dark detectors, you can get many red beamed traces placed, which gives many field guides, many SOS manuals, and trunks to refresh the cast. We've been ranging from 6 to 18 trace charm casts each day, usually around 8-12. The books just pile in with this technique, assuming you have a lot of gold, or even silver pages.

• BocaGBocaG Posts: 40 ✭✭
    #803 August, 2020, 03:38 am.

@Attrition 100% positive, no purple in sight