August Community Day

2»

Comments

• R0d3er1ckR0d3er1ck Posts: 5 ✭✭
    #3307 August, 2020, 03:11 pm.

For the last community day like this we were told that we could do the tasks at a local fortress instead of the knight bus. So when a group of us went to the local fortress we were VERY disappointed to find that we didn't get credit in the local fortress and instead had to use the Knight Bus.

• Dragons1111Dragons1111 Posts: 138 ✭✭
    #3407 August, 2020, 03:48 pm.

@HPWUTeam is brain elixir going to work towards doubling xp gained from below/have any multiplier effect on the below challenge XP part?

• Wizarding Challenges will reward Spell Energy as well as increased Challenge XP

Particularly happy about the below... now more friends will be willing to play with me in Forest IV, DarK 1-4. Otherwise we usually stick to Dark V for group play

• Guaranteed Runestone Reward fragments when using any Runestone in Forest Chamber IV and above in Wizarding Challenges.

• WerewolfChaserWerewolfChaser Posts: 646 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 7 #3507 August, 2020, 04:05 pm.

@HPWUTeam I am of the understanding that the community day bonus is based on the 1st player in the chamber? Is there any way to distinguish if any player is having their community day? Our event started 2 hours ago and I've left quite a few lobbies not knowing the location of players already waiting.

On the flip side, if they see me enter and see that I am in community day time they would be more likely to leave the lobby allowing me to start the group.

• MissMaryLisaMissMaryLisa Posts: 1 ✭✭
    #3607 August, 2020, 06:55 pm.

Thanks for information. If I could come with a suggestion please give us the ability to get more restricted section books? Also defence against dark arts books.

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 652 ✭✭✭
    #3707 August, 2020, 07:04 pm.

Almost green book and DADA book? 😬

• plysch72plysch72 Posts: 1
    #3807 August, 2020, 11:01 pm.

When I take the night bus and there information that the event applies, nothing is registered so that I can move on.

• ImaginatioImaginatio Posts: 763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 8 #3908 August, 2020, 12:30 am.

Just finished all the tasks:

Now I can’t decide if I want to do a bunch of Forest IV for fragments mainly and less SE use or Dark V for the higher challenge XP. Decisions... decisions... 🤔

• TTH8TTH8 Posts: 1
    #4008 August, 2020, 12:44 am.

This community day assignment is the easiest to complete. With the knight bus, I can team up easily, and completed all assigments within an hour.

• ClairabusGryffClairabusGryff Posts: 938 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #4108 August, 2020, 01:58 am.

Congrats @Imaginatio - you are a rock star for sure!!

• HarmonyBellsHarmonyBells Posts: 7 ✭✭
    #4208 August, 2020, 08:51 am.

Hi @hpwulola

what is beaconing? I see it being used a lot regarding fortresses. Thank you in advance. And for all HPWU team does for us too.

• SchotsheksjeSchotsheksje Posts: 1
    #4308 August, 2020, 11:56 am.

I QUIT. The challenges of the chambers are too difficult. Lost all my possions and cann't make more. Still 2 chambers to go. It is very very frustrating. Goodbye to all friends,

Schotsheksje

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 652 ✭✭✭
    #4408 August, 2020, 12:28 pm.

Knight bus rather scary this evening. Give long loading while fighting my foe. I guess its time to get out for me. 😬

#4508 August, 2020, 04:11 pm.

@Schotsheksje are you playing solo? Higher chambers require good team play unless you are maxed out on your professions and keep stock of potions.

• DIMorseDIMorse Posts: 18 ✭✭
    #4608 August, 2020, 06:28 pm.

I have not received a single Pario Vestigas since the community day event started. I believeI have opened 20+ (conservative estimate) trunks so far. Has anyone else received a Pario Vestigas from a trunk since the beginning of community day?

#4708 August, 2020, 07:04 pm.

I am liking the spell energy rewards when battling today... i think this is the max spell energy i have had in a while :)

• HerboxHerbox Posts: 13 ✭✭
    #4808 August, 2020, 07:30 pm.

@hpwulola can you please speak to the Devs about increasing the number and frequency of DADA books? The rarity of DADA is even higher than Restricted Spell Books and the SOS nodes that require them require wayy more DADA than RSB both in SOS Training and Combat Training. We could plan out our Profession trees based on RSB, but we have no way to do this with the current DADA release schedule..

The most important asset added into SOS training is the “Pario Vestige” or the trace charm, but Proficiency is bugged and we have no idea on the plans on how the team is going to fix it and thus are all hesitant to even advance SOS Training even if we weren’t DADA gated. I mean... it’s probably the bottom of the list in importance, but how is the explanation of the Trace Charm still showing up with Greenhouse Charm details “spells provided”. The Trace Charm is infinitely more impactful for players

than the Greenhouse or Inn charm, please focus on it.

I know I’m screaming into a void, but can you Please again request a currency exchange program? Us Day 1 and Beta players have literally 10k scrolls and >1000 Red Notebooks. This is after maxing all Professions, and with the new SOS training requiring RSB we can’t event do max other professions without preventing progress. It’s been 18 years since Edward Castronova’s “On Virtual Economies” paper on Everquest and all forward thinking games shops have economists on hire to keep the in game economy in balance now... Even HPHM’s system makes more sense. If it’s going to be another year until we get new Combat Training, please press the devs on this plea from the community.. every single post complains about it.

I wasn’t to follow this all up with a big thank you (lol) we know this is not easy and SOS Training was a very big and fun addition to the game. We know you’re trying, keep it up.

• Dewin99Dewin99 Posts: 740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #4908 August, 2020, 07:45 pm.

@DIMorse I’ve had 2 today. Just checking - you do have “Studious Success” yes?

• DIMorseDIMorse Posts: 18 ✭✭
    #5008 August, 2020, 08:37 pm.

Thanks Dewin99. I do have studious success. Just making sure it was the normal random drop dry period and not a community day quirk. Thanks for the reassurance.

• ChiunChiun Posts: 1
    #5109 August, 2020, 02:27 am.

This was a whole lot of stupid. It seems like they designed the quests so that the majority of players were doomed to failure. It's not fun. Whoever thought this up is a ****. Why the **** would you do something that requires an ungodly number of potions to complete because you're making people take on levels that they are not ready for? It wasn't fun. It wasn't interesting and it just made me want to quit this game. Honestly, if this is how they are going to do them, I'm wondering why I should even bother.

• NursePoppyNursePoppy Posts: 75 ✭✭✭
    #5209 August, 2020, 04:53 am.

Hello @Chiun and welcome to the forum.

I'm sorry you had such a difficult Community Day. It's much easier for me to battle in fortresses if I wait in the lobby until there's a good team to join. I have found that a good team really cuts down on potion expenditure. I just hang around until I see a Magizoo, a Professor and maybe another Auror (I'm an Auror). I don't much like solo Fortress play anymore except in Ruins.

I was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed this CD. I did a lot of **** for Fortress Foundables, that's for sure!

• CeruleanGirlCeruleanGirl Posts: 361 ✭✭✭✭
    #5309 August, 2020, 06:45 am.

I’ve had at least three Forest IV battles that did not give me a Runestone foundable. Am I misunderstanding something?

• LycindelleLycindelle Posts: 356 ✭✭✭
    #5409 August, 2020, 09:35 am.

@CeruleanGirl The reward depends on the player who starts the battle. If he does so during CD in his timezone all will get the guaranteed reward, if it's not CD-time for him it's not guaranteed.

Did you start these battles (were you the red player)? Otherwise it's possible that you had bad luck and the one who started it was in a timezone where CD either hadn't started yet or was already over.

• xxxlindyxxxlindy Posts: 102 ✭✭✭
    #5509 August, 2020, 11:42 am.

I would like to suggest a different way of doing a fortress heavy community day. List all levels required. Give rewards based on the number of levels completed. 3 completed levels gives you reward 1. 6 gives you reward 2. A player could start at the highest level and work down, or at the lowest level and work up. That would let players strategize their approach.

#5609 August, 2020, 04:53 pm.

@HarmonyBells : Hi!!! I can take your question on beaconing. Do you know there is a way we can see our friends in knight bus? If they are inside a chamber and waiting for people to join, it will show up as a 'yellow coin' near the people icon along with number of people waiting in the chamber. People use this concept in discord to join the same instance other friends have joined, by hopping in and out of knight bus. Usually friends wait around in ruins 2-5, so friends looking for the yellow coins will be able to spot them on opening the knight bus. This process of one or few friends waiting in different ruins chamber until their other friend can find the same instance of knight bus (by hopping in and out) is beaconing.

• CeruleanGirlCeruleanGirl Posts: 361 ✭✭✭✭
    #5709 August, 2020, 11:33 pm.

@Lycindelle Oh, you are probably right. I forgot about that! That’s probably what it was, thanks for reminding me!

• HarmonyBellsHarmonyBells Posts: 7 ✭✭
    #5810 August, 2020, 01:41 am.

@Dragons1111 Thank you for replying. So helpful