Dada books need to be given out in much higher quantities

bryubryu Posts: 1 ✭✭
in Community Forum Feedback #1 latest comment 08 August, 2020, 10:33 am.

At the current rate of 10 per month, it would take 4 months to unlock an average node that costs 40 dada books. If the node costs 80, then that's 8 months. That could be an entire year of collecting dada books just to complete 2 nodes of SOS training. Absolutely unacceptable.

Comments

• CaeleonCaeleon Posts: 175 ✭✭✭
    edited July 26 #226 July, 2020, 12:36 pm.

Wait until you select a skill and regret afterwards or by accident.

Months down the drain. Better be careful...

Edit.

Went to check Reddit.

Total dada books needed in all 3 trees is 1358.

Better not miss any event for the next decade...

• HoyotHoyot Posts: 91 ✭✭✭
    #328 July, 2020, 01:52 pm.

Completely agree. Only 10 per month is so poor.

• RadicaldavRadicaldav Posts: 76 ✭✭
    #428 July, 2020, 02:08 pm.

Did i miss something but how are we getting 10 per month. No dada books for the last event and doesn't look like any for the next event.

• LucoireLucoire Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #528 July, 2020, 02:20 pm.

No.

• Dewin99Dewin99 Posts: 690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #628 July, 2020, 02:26 pm.

Maybe Community Days?

• RadicaldavRadicaldav Posts: 76 ✭✭
    #728 July, 2020, 03:00 pm.

Looks like we might get 5 for the brilliant events so that is where the 10 per month comes from. Sure hope they do something else to reward more. So disappointing they didn't reward any for the weekend event.

• alexainder08alexainder08 Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #801 August, 2020, 05:05 am.

It will take about 11 years and a half to get all the DADA books by rough calculation of getting 10 DADA books monthly.

Please consider to give out DADA books too during CD to make it more interesting. For some trainers that has been playing fortress dedicatedly, already maximized their combat skills and mastered their profession. Do tell us what plan do you have for the overflowing red books in the future.

• FixMyGreenStarsFixMyGreenStars Posts: 80 ✭✭
    #901 August, 2020, 09:35 pm.

Ok. 15 months of the BE for restrictive section books, is acceptable.

But almost 11 years for DADA is very good!

• PamdmPamdm Posts: 46 ✭✭
    #1001 August, 2020, 11:10 pm.

This is crazy!

There are expensive skills in SoS tree to boost spell books from treasure trunks and wizarding challenges. But what is the point of that when there is no use for spell books right now!?

Scrolls are even more useless. If only we could convert them into something useful.

Seems like the team just added a lot of pointless **** in the game....where after the initial hype players may start questioning the point of any of it!

• LucoireLucoire Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1102 August, 2020, 12:38 am.

Some players complain about lack of long-term motivation, others complain about too much long-term motivation.

Regardless of what the dev's do, there will be complaints.

• MtPolluxMtPollux Posts: 620 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1202 August, 2020, 12:50 am.

Perhaps by the time people are able to get that skill there will be new combat lessons which require more red books and scrolls.

We don't know all of the changes that are in store, but it's possible that what doesn't make sense right now will seem more reasonable down the road. Think of the big change to the registry in the spring. At the time it didn't make sense why it was worth all the trouble. Now that we have the new SOS lessons, the changes from the registry update make sense. It's entirely possible that some of the SOS skills will tie in with changes that are yet to come.

• ItarItar Posts: 14 ✭✭
    edited August 2 #1302 August, 2020, 01:05 am.

This is pretty standard for how a lot of new features are introduced in games, not the least of which includes HPWU. For anyone out there who has ever played an MMO (Massive Multiplayer Online) such as World of Warcraft, this is a familiar experience. Devs release feature, players give feedback on feature/devs realize where loopholes etc exist, devs release changes/patches, cycle starts again. As Lion King's Mufasa would say "and so, we are all connected, in the great gaming circle of life." Okay maybe not but you get the idea. All I can say is, keep being vocal and maybe the changes we want to occur will happen!

• DrakoniteDrakonite Posts: 38 ✭✭
    #1402 August, 2020, 11:13 am.

11 years for dada completion is assinine, it should be 12 months, then release new content and repeat

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 530 ✭✭✭
    #1502 August, 2020, 12:11 pm.

Rather than complaining the 11 years thing. Perhaps what we should do is give feedback to dev about what added feature which is harry potter related that give a bit more DADA book, and maybe beside the inter trade between scroll-book thingy.

I think its more interesting that way, it could also enrich gameplay.

Maybe......

#1602 August, 2020, 01:00 pm.

i care that they give us 30-60 dada books per event, everything else after the last year of features experience i consider it above their heads and improbable to happen, so I'll settle about having more rsbs and dadas given.

• OriginalCarusoOriginalCaruso Posts: 502 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1702 August, 2020, 05:36 pm.

There were many complaints about lack of scrolls in the early days, then Red Books, then Green (RSB) books and now DADA books

Where we start will not be where we end, hurry up and wait...

#1802 August, 2020, 05:40 pm.

scrolls were never the problem, red books were for those who had no group to play with until the Knight Bus came along, rsbs will be a chronic problem as -I'm afraid- DADA will be.

• sakiyuishirosakiyuishiro Posts: 23 ✭✭
    #1903 August, 2020, 06:24 am.

If HPWU could sale chicket like POGO…

Green books or DADA books come from challenge treasure trunk during the Community Day, I'm sure to buy the chicket with pleasure.

• mzmizzmzmizz Posts: 3
    #2008 August, 2020, 05:18 am.

That and ministry books for placed items are 4 irrespective of prestige page status. I got 4 for placing items on a bronze page, a silver page, and two gold. Highly imbalanced since you have to acquire vastly more traces. Either up the number based on page status or award based on a set number of won traces. Getting 4 for something that requires 8 wins and 4 for something that requires 55, isn’t equitable. And, what am I going to do with 6000 scrolls? Finally, dada books should be designated for only one area, either sos or combat, not both.

#2108 August, 2020, 10:32 am.

dada books are only sos so far, its the rsbs that are for both, but what youre saying doesnt make much sense, altho with 6000 scrolls you can do all 3 professions' nodes.

#2208 August, 2020, 10:33 am.

and 6k isnt much, i have 22k with all 3 professions finished (other than 3 rsb nodes in professor) 😂