Inn charm charge from treasure trunk bugged

YakamaruYakamaru Posts: 2 ✭✭
in Report a Bug #1 latest comment 21 September, 2020, 04:43 pm.

I have unlocked Knowledge transfer at book II for the chance to reward me a inn spell charm charge from treasure trunk. However, it seems to be bugged that I have never seen any charge from treasure trunk, or rather it is currently at a way lower drop rate than trace charm charge (i.e. 1 in 20) .

13 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• BliznikBliznik Posts: 52 ✭✭✭
    #203 August, 2020, 09:58 pm.

Another player reported this. 340 Exploration Treasure Trunks opened.

0 Inn Charm Charges

18 Trace Charm Charges

12 Greenhouse Charm Charges

• tamburashtamburash Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited August 3 #303 August, 2020, 10:37 pm.

I reported the 340 trunks opened and 0 inn spell charges. Posting here if any dev needs my account name or any more info. Anyway, full tally:

340 trunks: 18 trace charges, 12 greenhouse charges, 0 inn charges.

On a separate note: greenhouse and trace charges can drop from the same trunk. Nice.

• ZaethielZaethiel Posts: 4 ✭✭
    #404 August, 2020, 08:17 am.

I've opened hundreds of chests and have not seen a single inn charm. I see trace charms, just no inn charms.

• TinBudapestTinBudapest Posts: 5 ✭✭
    #504 August, 2020, 12:46 pm.

I opened 624 trunks last week and got 32 trace charms and 0 inn charms. I had taken lessons for the trace charm and the inn charm to appear in trunks. Yesterday was my first full day with lessons for all three charms to appear in trunks. I opened 72 total trunks. Of those trunks, 6 had charms; 3 were trace charms and 3 were greenhouse charms.

• SpellweaverSpellweaver Posts: 6 ✭✭
    #604 August, 2020, 07:07 pm.

Similarly, @WSDC13888 noticed that inn gift upgrades don't seem to have any effect. From what I understand, they visited the same inns with someone who didn't have these upgrades, but they got the same gifts each time. Maybe there is already another post about this though.

• WSDC13888WSDC13888 Posts: 76 ✭✭✭
    #704 August, 2020, 08:17 pm.

Right, I'm reasonably confident that all gift nodes related to inns are broken. The rare XP gift nodes are obvious, because nobody has even seen one.

With regard to the extravagent spell energy (EXSE) gift boosting nodes, detecting whether these are working is also fairly straightforward. When gifts were first implemented, all players received the same gift result from an inn during every hour. So if at 9:00 an inn gave EXSE, we knew all players could keep going back until 10:00 and get EXSE each time. When we were playing in groups this made it very easy to load up on EXSE, because once someone spotted an inn giving it, we could load up from it. Also useful for those being conscious of avoiding basic spell energy gifts due to the 100 daily gift cap. At some point the window was changed from 1 hour gift cycles to 5 minute gift cycles. Now when playing in groups, if someone spots EXSE from an inn and points it out, everyone can grab it until the next next gift changeover at **:*0 or **:*5.

Now that we have EXSE gift nodes, at least some of the time players should receive different gift results from inns. At 2 different dark detector parties my local community has failed to observe a difference. Some accounts had no related SOS skills, some did.

• tamburashtamburash Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #805 August, 2020, 10:27 am.

I can confirm WSDC13888's observations: when any player gets an EXSE from an inn, every player gets it in that particular cycle, regardless of their skills.

As for inn charms: tally for 4 August:

283 trunks, 13 trace charms, 6 greenhouse charms and again 0 inn charms.

• YakamaruYakamaru Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited August 5 #905 August, 2020, 07:04 pm.

Thanks @Bliznik ,@tamburash, @Zaethiel and @TinBudapest for the figures! I still haven't seen any inn charm charge from my treasure trunks. Few days ago I unlocked the node for receiving greenhouse charm charges and I notice I am receiving trace charm and greenhouse charm charges only.

• KataventoKatavento Posts: 15 ✭✭
    edited August 6 #1006 August, 2020, 04:25 pm.

I also have not seen any inn charm charge from my treasure trunks. I have opened at least 100 since unlocking the node. I realize the node only promises a "chance" of getting an inn charm charge from a treasure trunk, but judging from my and everyone else's experiences, that "chance" either approaches or equals 0. Check the code. Something is wrong.

• TinBudapestTinBudapest Posts: 5 ✭✭
    #1110 August, 2020, 05:04 pm.

I have a week’s worth of data now that I have taken Knowledge Transfer, Studious Success, and Green Thumb. All trunks below refer to non-brilliant and non-challenge trunks.

Mon: 72 trunks opened, 3 had trace charms, 3 had greenhouse charms, 0 had inn charms.

Tue: 53 trunks opened, 1 had both a trace charm and a greenhouse charm, 1 had only a trace charm, 4 had greenhouse charms, 0 had inn charms

Wed: 80 trunks opened, 5 with trace charms, 7 with greenhouse charms, 0 with inn charms

Thu: 78 trunks opened, 1 with greenhouse charm, 0 with trace charm, 0 with inn charms

Fri: 42 trunks opened, 1 with both a greenhouse charm and a trace charm, 2 with trace charms, 2 with greenhouse charms, 0 with inn charms

Sat: 178 trunks opened, 12 with trace charms, 5 with greenhouse charms, 0 with inn charms

Sun: 41 trunks opened, 2 with trace charms, 3 with greenhouse charms, 0 with inn charms

Total: 544 trunks opened, 27 with trace charms, 27 with greenhouse charms, 0 with inn charms

#1216 August, 2020, 01:00 am.

It's been 9 more days since I last posted, and I still have not received any Inn Charm Charges from Treasure Trunks, despite opening many, many dozens of them. Hundreds, even. If there was even a 1% chance of getting one from a Treasure Trunk, I would have gotten one by now. But I'm still at zero. I checked Known Issues, but there's nothing about the Tribuomnus Charm Charge never showing up in Treasure Trunk Rewards. Shouldn't this be listed in Known Issues by now? @HPWUrobert

• AethersaurusRexAethersaurusRex Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #1324 August, 2020, 01:16 pm.

Same issue with me with Im charms. Im at 376 trunks opened

0 inn charms received

approx 17 trace charms and

7 green house charms received (just opened that training)

#1430 August, 2020, 04:48 pm.

@HPWUrobert It's been 2 weeks and many, many dozens of trunks opened since my last post and still 0 inn charm charges from trunks. When will this issue be acknowledged?

• FreezeTylerFreezeTyler Posts: 12 ✭✭
    #1512 September, 2020, 08:41 am.

Same here, no inn charm recharges. Trace charm recharges Ok.

• LeenieBeanieLeenieBeanie Posts: 13 ✭✭
    edited September 12 #1612 September, 2020, 11:42 pm.

My husband and I have noticed the same thing. He only has the Trace Charm trunk lesson and inn charm trunk lesson. I have all three. We have never seen an inn charge from trunks.

• StentoriousStentorious Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #1713 September, 2020, 03:45 pm.

I have opened 614 trunks since getting the node to collect inn charms and I had gotten massive amounts of trace and greenhouse charm charges and 0 yes ZERO inn charm charges. Not that having them would be good as it has always resulted in the 3 energy food and +1 for 4 every time. But if I collect the same inns without the charm I almost always get a better gift.... all broken just another player reporting the same issue.

• PalaSepuPalaSepu Posts: 1
    edited September 21 #1821 September, 2020, 04:43 pm.

Seems fixed as of today. I got 2 recharges this morning