Magnificent should get you the [redacted] foundable

PinkRosesPinkRoses Posts: 33 ✭✭
in Community Forum Feedback #1 latest comment 02 August, 2020, 12:28 pm.

I don’t get them that often, but when I finally get a Magnificent I know I won’t get the [redacted] foundable. Without fail.

It’s my least favorite aspect of the game.

Just leaving this for feedback.

thank you

Comments

• Magpie31Magpie31 Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #225 July, 2020, 06:02 am.

@PinkRoses What do you mean by magnificent? Do you mean a masterful spellcast, or are you talking about the departure rate of emergency foundables?

The new SOS tree and the mastery and departure denial nodes should help with these problems.

• PinkRosesPinkRoses Posts: 33 ✭✭
    #329 July, 2020, 01:10 am.

Masterful. I get them so rarely I got the name wrong.

• PinkRosesPinkRoses Posts: 33 ✭✭
    #429 July, 2020, 01:10 am.
  • LucoireLucoire Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 29 #529 July, 2020, 02:24 pm.

To re-iterate: The Quality of your Spell-Casting is NOT the only Factor in determining whether a Foundable is returned. Those factors include:

• "Difficulty" / "Rarity" of the Foundable
    • Your Proficiency with Magic overall (aka your Level)
    • Your SOS-Training
    • Potions
    • Using your Broom (=> Moving too fast will drastically impair your ability to return foundables during flying and for a while after)
    • Quality of your Spellcasting (Masterfull, Great, etc...)
  • HalloMamiHalloMami Posts: 9 ✭✭
    #629 July, 2020, 02:48 pm.

...and actually in most instances it seems to be the least relevant factor; at least in the previous iteration of the system the main difference between a mediocre and a masterful spell was the amount of XP you get. Yes, there is an impact on the return rate, but in most cases it was close to insignificant.

Not sure how much this changed with the new system now. Any numbers on this out already? Going by the new color scales (and yes, with the previous system that wasn't really a good thing to go by), it seems like it still is close to irrelevant, UNLESS you use a potion at which point it appears to matter a lot.

• ItarItar Posts: 14 ✭✭
    #702 August, 2020, 01:14 am.

Being an old school DnD player myself, I've always wondered if there is also a base roll system that powers your chances as well on each spell cast using all items LUCOIRE mentioned as, shall we say, modifiers on your Char sheet?

• DrakoniteDrakonite Posts: 38 ✭✭
    #802 August, 2020, 12:28 pm.

its all rng, ive had masterful returns and masterful departs, ive had fair/good/great departs/returns....