Field Guides aren’t offered enough

EricJ30EricJ30 Posts: 5 ✭✭
in Community Stories #1 latest comment 24 July, 2020, 08:18 am.

It’s terrible how you only get like one field guide with Foundables. It’s going to take 20 years to get enough to unlock everything!!!!! Please fix this

Comments

• Magpie31Magpie31 Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #222 July, 2020, 05:08 pm.

@EricJ30 Hello again! Field guide drops are scaled with the threat of the foundable you are returning. So if you are returning a low or medium threat, it is only 1. You get 2 for high, 8 for severe and 20 for emergency! So use that trace charm on the emergency traces and you will be racking up the books in no time!

• MrSciGuyMrSciGuy Posts: 976 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #323 July, 2020, 04:54 pm.

@Magpie31 are these numbers based on the normal/correct threat levels, as they are all currently messed up?

#423 July, 2020, 05:20 pm.

@MrSciGuy Thanks for pointing that out. Yes, based on normal threat levels (e.g Fluffy is emergency, Death Eater is severe, Snape is high).

• RabbeinuTamRabbeinuTam Posts: 165 ✭✭✭
    #524 July, 2020, 05:25 am.

@Magpie31 @MrSciGuy the amount of manuals are not just based on threat levels but also on the page level.

For example the death eater (severe) gives 4 (standard), 12 (bronze), 20 (silver), 35 (gold).

Leprechaun (high) gives 1, 2, 4, 9.

Fluffy (emergency) gives 6, 18, 35, 55.

#624 July, 2020, 05:59 am.

@RabbeinuTam We are talking about different things. You are talking about the ministry manuals you get from placing images in the registry. These are frame dependent. I was talking about field guides (which EricJ30 asked about) which are dropped when you return traces in the field. These do NOT change with frame.

• CaeleonCaeleon Posts: 262 ✭✭✭
    edited July 24 #724 July, 2020, 06:04 am.

Went to the park the other day. A few dark detectors on the inns, a trace potion and the charm... Got about 200 something books in half an hour. And that is with paying attention to my 4y old son. So those are not even the best numbers you can get.

I don't see field guides being an issue... Besides, they're gated by other books later on. You'll have plenty before you can spend them. It's going to be just like the scrolls.

#824 July, 2020, 06:10 am.

@Magpie31 thanks for the correction, still getting used to all the fun new in-game toys

#924 July, 2020, 06:14 am.

@RabbeinuTam Yup, I think we all are. I did have to double check with some other players to make sure I wasn't going mad!

#1024 July, 2020, 06:27 am.

My mind is even more occupied now that baseball is back, i feel like i need a pensieve to gather all my thoughts in a safe place.

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 718 ✭✭✭✭
    #1124 July, 2020, 06:34 am.

It will better if field guide drop chance from no fumes traces (1 field guide reward) are higher.

• BenTigerBenTiger Posts: 429 ✭✭✭✭
    #1224 July, 2020, 07:04 am.

Guides and Manuals are no problem. I get over 500 guides per day, plus more than enough manuals.

The things that will take years to get are Defense Against the Dark Arts books and Restricted Section Books. Both are restricted to events and you need hundreds of both. Unless they drastically increase the amount earned from events, it will take years to get enough... then, when they release more profession lesson plans, we will need even more Restricted Secion Books.

• BenTigerBenTiger Posts: 429 ✭✭✭✭
    #1324 July, 2020, 07:53 am.

My math might be off, but it looks like it will take 1128 DADA and 405 RSB, in order to complete the S.O.S skill trees. That is over a year of RSB and likely even longer to get all the DADA!

Properly used trace charms will help in earning guides and manuals, but event books will keep everyone waiting. It will likely be a few month, before we have people accumulating massive quantities of spare guides and manuals, while they wait for the next event to make slight progress towards getting the next skill.

• CaeleonCaeleon Posts: 262 ✭✭✭
    edited July 24 #1424 July, 2020, 08:18 am.

Yeah... I'm not sure if, with the current rates they hand out these books, that's a good idea.

Makes the game incredible "long and repetitive job" (word gets censored). But unlike Korean "long and repetitive job" games, you have to wait instead of going in a **** spree or pay your way into the skill tree.