Note about the Brilliant Event: Brilliant Bogrod the Goblin can be placed by tapping the area under his elbow. The Brilliant Shopping List can be placed by tapping the bottom left corner. Click here for images.
Professions reset — Harry Potter: Wizards Unite Community Forum

Professions reset

ShamashushaShamashusha Posts: 3 ✭✭
in Feature Requests #1 latest comment 25 July, 2020, 05:47 am.

In a view of new SOS training (global change of meta) it would be great to reset old professions and be able to reallocate shared resources (secret section books) into another tree.

Comments

• Magpie31Magpie31 Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #222 July, 2020, 09:27 am.

@Shamashusha Hello and welcome to the forum! Thanks for taking the time to share your ideas.

That being said, I think that if such an option were available, it should be a one time option or very expensive in terms of other resources (e.g. Coins) to do so. Professions should be a commitment and spending resources wisely should be encouraged. If we could get refunds on skill trees so easily, it would be like buying a dress, leaving the tag on, and returning it after the dance.

• ShamashushaShamashusha Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #322 July, 2020, 10:08 am.

Hello @Magpie31

The reason to do it once now (and only once) is an introduction of a new feature. I would not mind to have an option to reset it “at will”, but it’s secondary. Before introduction of SOS training it was possible to learn a secondary profession to some decent power and switch to it if requires (e.g. no professor in a tower party), but now this may be quite suboptimal.

• FireWandererFireWanderer Posts: 112 ✭✭✭
    #423 July, 2020, 04:20 am.

@Shamashusha That kind of feels like robbing Peter to pay Paul. I'm still hopeful that further professional lessons are coming (again, if we cannot have a WizardFest due to the coronavirus, a virtual one that celebrates new skill trees would be really cool ... just sayin'). I'm also not sure you would get as much bang for your buck in converting the RSBs over to the new SOS tree since there is the limitations due to the DADA books.

Maybe if the DADA books are more plentiful than the RSBs, this might make sense.

Just my 0.5 cent.

• JikelJikel Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #523 July, 2020, 10:31 am.

I was about to request exactly the same thing. Prior to this update (which I didn't know was coming) there was nothing else to use restricted books on after maxing professor, so I burnt them all on magizoologist. Now I suddenly find it's much harder to catch things than it was before, and I don't have the books available to get the game back to how it used to be. Giving additional goals is great, but it's also made the game much more annoying (for me.)

• MisterWiseMisterWise Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #623 July, 2020, 04:09 pm.

I agree i have worked hard to get where i was in the game and i feel i have been set back. It would be easier to progress from scratch . I am unfairly hand cuffed to getting the new books as i already have topped up and acheived all the old goals.

• notmonicanotmonica Posts: 1 ✭✭
    #723 July, 2020, 08:09 pm.

I totally agree with this. I too maxed out Professor long ago and became a moderate magizoologist out of boredom and having so many thousands of scrolls. After the switch to SOS, I toggled briefly from professor to magizoologist to see my score. When I toggled back to professor a few minutes later, my score went down substantially. Not only did I take a hit on books in the switchover due to using them on a second profession, but I’m at a lower level than other maxed professors. Not cool.

• EmCro909EmCro909 Posts: 6 ✭✭
    #823 July, 2020, 08:56 pm.

YES. Please please please please PLEEEEEEASE can we have this????

Just once! And I'd pay coins for it!

I am SO UPSET that I dumped all my restricted section books into Magizoology right before the new SOS started. I'd only read that three new resources would be used for it, not three new and one old!!!

• BenTigerBenTiger Posts: 243 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 24 #924 July, 2020, 12:27 am.

Now you feel the pain that Professors felt for so long. I prefer to not have a profession reset. Those that saved, due to the promise of future lessons have been rewarded. Those that could not resist dabbling in multiple professions are having to wait for books. It is a lesson in patience. You will need a LOT of patience, if you want to make progress in the S.O.S skill trees, as their DADA and RSB costs get to be insane, when compared to what was required to master professions.

• Magpie31Magpie31 Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1024 July, 2020, 03:56 am.

Yes, the SOS skill trees have clearly been designed to be a long game, not an quick one. I think they realised how quickly people got through the professions (gated only by green books) and wanted this to be something that lasts.

I don't see having hoards of green books as a reward as such, @BenTiger, because that implies spending was a bad choice. It was just another type of game play. I love playing in fortresses and chose multiple professions to give me flexibility. I have zero regrets ans am still considering putting the rest of my greens in my third profession before the new tree.

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 554 ✭✭✭
    #1124 July, 2020, 08:12 am.

I need 4 more brilliant event to complete my others profession. Usually change to auror when i want to quick bing challenge on ruin-towers-low forests.

Anyway revently i saw many many aurors in knights bus.

• Masika0815Masika0815 Posts: 13 ✭✭
    #1224 July, 2020, 12:05 pm.

I don't think that this kind of shortsightedness should be rewarded. If you spent resources / money, simply because you have it and can't of anything more important to spend it an on that moment, you can't spend it again. That's life.

In addition, if that was possible even only once, the number of professors would decrease drastically, simply because they need much more RSBs to max out the profession than others.

I am a professor (and didn't spend anything other that scrolls on other professions) and still can't help feeling a little bit robbed, because right now my 600 red books are worth exactly nothing while i have a lot less RSBs than someone who committed to any other profession and like me didn't miss one event. I still wouldn't dream of spending them on auror or magizoo, because there might be an update one day that makes them valuable again.

• JonathanStewartJonathanStewart Posts: 4 ✭✭
    #1324 July, 2020, 03:27 pm.

@Masika0815 I think your point about the professor tree costing more, and people abandoning that profession is the strongest argument against this at the moment. That can (and should, in my opinion) be remedied by having the second lesson plan for professors be a lot lighter on Restricted Section Books (108 to be precise) than that for aurors and magizoologists. If that's the case, then there is no reason anymore to favour one over the other, and this plan can be laid on the table again.

• Masika0815Masika0815 Posts: 13 ✭✭
    #1424 July, 2020, 04:05 pm.

@JonathanStewart : In addition to that the reset option would make all profession related achievements pointless.

I've decided to save my resources for unknown things to come while others decided they wanted all three professions, maybe for the achievements and/or a larger variety of professions to choose from when raiding. Either way it was a conscious decision of play style and should be permanent. Additionally if ppl spent on all 3 professions simply because whenever they have a resource they feel compelled to spend it on something or anything, then maybe WU is the safest place to learn that you can't spend the same coin twice.

• CaeleonCaeleon Posts: 184 ✭✭✭
    edited July 24 #1524 July, 2020, 06:07 pm.

I don't think a reset is needed. RSB should not be part of this skill tree.

Profession trees have resources that can be farmed and a resource that only can be gotten through events.

The SoS tree should mirror that. Resources that can be farmed and a resource that only can be gotten through events.

RSB being shared by them both is plain stupid. There's no reason whatsoever why the SoS skills need these books. The skill progression is already gated by the other books.

• EmCro909EmCro909 Posts: 6 ✭✭
    edited July 24 #1624 July, 2020, 08:24 pm.

I have no patience whatsoever for anyone lecturing and being condescending about the virtues of patience. That's trash. Stop it.

Niantic has failed to communicate in a way that allowed players to budget and plan in a rational way. That's not our fault, and we shouldn't have to pay for it. These are extremely expensive and rare resources.

The mass-professor-abandonment thing is the only rational argument I can see for not allowing a reset, but surely there could be an incentive or other mechanism built in to prevent or mitigate that. And if some people abandon professor as a secondary profession because they prefer to advance in SOS, I think that's completely fine.

Most of all, agreed that it's absurd for RSB's to be part of the SOS tree in the first place. DADA books will probably be hard enough to farm.

• JikelJikel Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #1724 July, 2020, 09:57 pm.

@EmCro909 I agree with you. I fail to see the "virtue" in saving resources for something we had no idea was coming. How dare I try and find some new enjoyment in the game by branching out.... And I hardly see that a game built on micro payments is the best place for judgements on fiscal responsibility! If the difficulty of the basic game hadn't been changed without notice I might feel differently, but it was!

• WitchHikerWitchHiker Posts: 170 ✭✭
    edited July 25 #1825 July, 2020, 05:47 am.

I for one am very miffed at the developers for holding us hostage through DAD books.

Books which can only be received through events, events only controlled by developers

and developers have remained silent on how many DADA books will be awarded with each event.

This current event isn’t showing any DADA books in rewards.

How long will I need to wait to accumulate 15 DADA books??

@HPWUTeam Please let US, the players (your cash-cows) be the ones to decide how fast we progress through lessons, that’s what makes this game enjoyable (well it did until this SOS fiasco).

I've completely lost interest at this point and I was one of your whales. NOT ANYMORE until things change!!