Trace Charm Proficiency Bugged

Comments

• ZhyShyZhyShy Posts: 5 ✭✭
    #9213 August, 2020, 08:39 pm.

Rare Trace Bonus works for me. I received higher foundables a few times.

While Trace Charm Proficiency does not work. I have upgraded +3 traces, but still get +1.

• ElisaWilsonElisaWilson Posts: 93 ✭✭✭
    #9314 August, 2020, 09:32 am.

Ok, there's something inherently wrong with the Trace Charm. It's not only the lower fragment count about which people are talking in the last three pages. It's much worse. I'll give an example with what happened to me today. Unfortunately I don't have any screenshots, but I'll take some next time if I get the chance.

So this morning I saw a Fluffy. I have him on a gold page so I used the Trace Charm on him and got 4 foundables altogether (incl. the original). Afterwards my screen froze, so I had to wait a couple of minutes for the app to start after a force shut down. Anyway...

Before I returned any foundable I had 3/10 Fluffys. Since I only have the "Lost and Foundables" nod to increase my proficiency, I'm supposed to get one extra fragment per foundable.

After I returned the first Fluffy, the result screen on the top showed +3, but the results summary showed 5/10. So far so good.

When I opened the second Fluffy, the counter on top showed that I have 6/10 Fluffy (where did the extra one came from?) and after I returned it the results summary showed 8/10.

After I returned the third Fluffy, the results summary showed 8/10, as if I didn't gain any fragments at all. However, when I went to the registry page, it showed me that I have 10/10 Fluffys and I was able to prestige it.

Unfortunately, by this point too much time has passed and the last Fluffy wasn't there anymore.

I have the feeling that the code concerning the Trace Charm is just a giant hotch-potch and nothing is working like it's supposed to. The idea behind the Charm is actually great and I hope that the HPWU Team will manage to quickly fix the problems with it.

• PamdmPamdm Posts: 70 ✭✭
    #9416 August, 2020, 10:12 am.

These issues have been around for a while and the WU team is not fixing as they realised sometime down the line that a maxed out trace charm is imbalanced.

If all nodes are upgraded,

- it should give 9-10 traces, each of which counts as 9 fragments.

- assuming all emergency then every 2 traces can allow for a page to be prestiged.... implying 5x prestige per trace charm use. And each placed image would give 600 family exp and hence 30 treasure chests (5*6).

- in terms of currency it is 200 field guides (20*10), 275 ministry manuals (5*55) and 120 scrolls (30*4).

In my experience you get a trace charm bonus charge from every 30 treasure chests, so essentially this chain can continue as long as there are enough emergency or severes through tonic, dark detectors or moving around.

The exp gain is also quite insane - over 50k per trace charm use when bbe is active. If all of this is done using a trace charm on a severe then everything gets reduced by about 40-60%.

So in summary, I think they are thinking of a nerf...which will be troublesome given many of us have invested most of their resources on upgrading the trace charm!

• RelaxLahRelaxLah Posts: 66 ✭✭
    #9517 August, 2020, 07:12 am.

trace charm seems not dropping as frequent as it used to be since yesterday.

• RedJillianRedJillian Posts: 4 ✭✭
    #9617 August, 2020, 07:47 am.

Bought proficiency to lv 2 and now tested that I'm getting still 2 fragments instead of 3. How disappointing. Especially when I spent somewhere around 14 gold books to unlock that branch.

• MousemateMousemate Posts: 4
    #9717 August, 2020, 04:06 pm.

Same as everyone else. glad I am not alone.

• ZamZam Posts: 1
    #9817 August, 2020, 04:57 pm.

Same issue as OP. I earn 3 fragments then lose one on the total.

• WulfMomWulfMom Posts: 0
    #9918 August, 2020, 12:46 pm.
  • Jase2224Jase2224 Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #10018 August, 2020, 01:25 pm.

Came here to report the same bug. I'm only getting two fragments and should be getting three. I was going to select piece of the puzzle next to get four fragments, but it's quite the waste of resources with this bug not being fixed.

• Pepsibuster79Pepsibuster79 Posts: 4 ✭✭
    #10118 August, 2020, 04:10 pm.

when using trace charm, it shows awarding 2 parts but only credits 1

• LexalonLexalon Posts: 1
    #10218 August, 2020, 05:37 pm.

I have the same problem but it did not occur to me until I upgraded to 3 fragments. I see 3 initially like you first screen shot (where you got two) but then I get reduced to 2 (where you got 1).

• LexalonLexalon Posts: 1
    edited August 18 #10318 August, 2020, 05:38 pm.

I have the same problem as you but it didn't occur until I got 3 fragments. So I see initially 3 fragments (in the same screenshot you show 2) and then it drops to 2 (in the same screenshot you show 1).

• HPWUrobertHPWUrobert Posts: 711 admin
    #10418 August, 2020, 05:52 pm.

https://community.harrypotterwizardsunite.com/en/discussion/7856/known-issues-affecting-update-2-14-0

Fragment count displayed in the rewards flow after returning Foundables spawned by the Trace Charm is inaccurate and differs from the Fragment count shown in the rewards summary drop-down. The rewards summary shows the most accurate Fragment count progress. 

• PyvihcryyPyvihcryy Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #10519 August, 2020, 02:11 pm.

I already had the bonus for one extra fragment with the charm and I recently saved up for an cashed for the second one pictured below.

I duplicated a Peter Pettigrew and got Irklings on the side. I only received one extra fragment for each though I should be getting two.

Please help. Thank you!

• Jase2224Jase2224 Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #10619 August, 2020, 02:13 pm.

Got the screenshot of the bug just now.

• HdhdnxjenHdhdnxjen Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited August 19 #10819 August, 2020, 04:49 pm.

I have done several SOS Trainings to increase the fragments I get from foundables affected by my trace charm.

The latest, Gethsemane’s Pickle, was supposed to take me from 3 fragments to 4...but I’m still only getting 2 fragments maximum, and sometimes only one.

Help! This isn’t working the way it should.

• SperoTamencrasSperoTamencras Posts: 0
    #11019 August, 2020, 09:22 pm.

I have upgraded my trace charm so that I should receive three fragments for each Foundable. As the completion screen appears it shows three, but the final screen shows two, and this is the count that stays going forward. Screenshots attached.

• RaidenglRaidengl Posts: 31 ✭✭
    #11120 August, 2020, 04:31 am.

I Think I may have noticed the same issue as everyone else I'll have to pay more attention next time I use it. What I'd like to know is that I've upgraded my max trace charm storage to 4 but I only get one per day unless I don't use one on a day. The info button says from other reward sources. But I only get them from walking .25k each day. Will these actualy start showing up in other ways?

Has anyone received them from some other source besides .25K?

• LycindelleLycindelle Posts: 418 ✭✭✭
    #11220 August, 2020, 07:14 am.

@Raidengl There is at least one SOS-lesson that will allow treasure trunks to occasionally reward trace charm charges.

• StarAnise8StarAnise8 Posts: 9 ✭✭
    #11321 August, 2020, 07:04 am.

I’m having an issue with the trace charm proficiency where it says I get awarded +3 fragments at the top, but when the summary displays at the end, it only shows +2 fragments. I only end up receiving +2 fragments. This is really frustrating and has been going on for more than a week. There are a lot of bugs recently, it’d be nice if the bugs could be fixed instead of launching into a new event or community day every week. I do enjoy the events, but I’d be happy to skip one if these bugs could get ironed out. With the continuing issues with Wizarding challenges, it’s been harder to find other players and I notice they often don’t use strategic spells or know which foes they should be targeting based on their profession.

• Susan288Susan288 Posts: 1
    #11421 August, 2020, 01:13 pm.

I was hoping this would have been fixed in time for Wizarding weekend. 😪

• xDTrollBusterxDxDTrollBusterxD Posts: 8 ✭✭
    #11523 August, 2020, 10:12 am.

I don't know why an important function like this is not working. This is a function you check 3 times before release.... My thoughts are that this is not meant to be functional. To be honest... It would be absolutely over powered.

I think it would be possible that with one of the next updates it will be deleted or replaced and fragment count stays at 2 with trace charm

What you think about it?

• PoisonDartFrogPoisonDartFrog Posts: 9 ✭✭
    #11624 August, 2020, 05:39 pm.

I have the same problem. The initial screen counts up 3 fragments but the final count only adds 2.

• Ellena124Ellena124 Posts: 14 ✭✭
    #11724 August, 2020, 08:19 pm.

I got an an extra fragment twice after returning the foundable, but it disappeared at the summary. This was from a trace charm. Android 9.

• StoQuinStoQuin Posts: 1
    edited August 25 #11825 August, 2020, 03:12 am.

I am not getting my 5 fragments per trace charm caught item either, just like the OP. Today I unlocked 5 fragments per catch in SOS but only got 2 fragments per catch. I was at 4 fragments per catch for the entire event weekend and only got 2 for each trace charm catch.   I'd like to get what I've earned.

• PoisonDartFrogPoisonDartFrog Posts: 9 ✭✭
    #11925 August, 2020, 04:34 am.

Any chance this will be fixed in the near future? I’ve been missing out on a lot of fragments which convert to substantial wizarding XP and possibly additional trace charms. I’m currently at the 3 fragment stage and don’t want to waste green books on another upgrade if it doesn’t work. I really enjoy the game and I’m just trying to figure out where to go next in SOS training.

• RelaxLahRelaxLah Posts: 66 ✭✭
    #12025 August, 2020, 05:05 am.

hoping for a fix soon

• Boingjoey11Boingjoey11 Posts: 2
    #12125 August, 2020, 08:13 pm.

Had the same bug too. Supposed to return 3 fragments.. only 2 were given. It clearly showed 3 at the top but only gave 2 at the final count . Quite disappointing.