Trace Charm Proficiency Bugged

Comments

• KnderunKnderun Posts: 1 ✭✭
    #6206 August, 2020, 06:26 pm.

I’m not receiving the correct number of fragments from the tract charm either.

• BoaDestructorBoaDestructor Posts: 9 ✭✭
    #6306 August, 2020, 11:23 pm.

3 bugs here...

Animation at the very beginning says 3, the total at the end is 2 - and I should be getting 4 fragments per trace, even.

5 traces, yes, that works.

Maximum number is also malfunctioning, that in effect shows the CURRENT number present:

Most excellent addition to the game, by the way! Thank you very much

• LarryZombieLarryZombie Posts: 6 ✭✭
    #6407 August, 2020, 02:07 am.

I, too, have had the same problem as the OP (except that I should be getting 3 fragments per return, rather than the 2 I have been getting...and as opposed to the op, who should be getting 5!). I have held off on doing my next proficiency lesson, since I am concerned that it will not work, and be a waste of valuable books. I am sure that this will get fixed soon, though, as more and more people are coming forward with this issue. Thanks.

• brrruxabrrruxa Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #6507 August, 2020, 09:40 am.

Same with me. I should be getting 3, but I am getting 2. Today there was even a time I received only one. Also, the traces disappear, I restast the game, they show again, but one of them (probably the original spawn or its duplicate) never show again. I was about to spend more books on proficiency, but decided to invest elsewhere until the bug is fixed. It is frustrating because I would have placed many more traces with those aditional fragments.

• AnnieSenseiAnnieSensei Posts: 1 ✭✭
    #6607 August, 2020, 03:47 pm.

Just reporting the same problem. Annoying that I didn't know about this bug before I prioritized Gethsemane's Pickle and Dangerous Attraction pods to be lvl 5/8, and not getting anything...Had I known, I would have used my books on otherwise, so this bug makes a huge difference in progressing the game. You can compensate those of us who got affected by this, I trust?

• MisterSparklesMisterSparkles Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #6710 August, 2020, 01:16 am.

Wanted to add my own voice to this one. The game appears to add the additional fragment (I should be at 3) in the initial animation after the foundable is captured. But once you tap and go on to the summary screen it reverts to the 2 fragments default.

I

• WazirdWazird Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #6810 August, 2020, 02:50 am.

Replying to MisterSparkles above me, I only have +1 proficiency but the animation also shows me getting +3 fragments, then I actually receive +2 in the summary.

• KimcmemKimcmem Posts: 10 ✭✭
    edited August 10 #6910 August, 2020, 04:36 am.

I am also only being awarded 2 and I should be getting 5! I was stupid enough to even cash in on the “dangerous attraction” proficiency for a whopping 1087 field and 429 ministry before I realized I’m getting no benefit whatsoever!😩😩😩 Any updates? @HPWUrobert

Post edited by Kimcmem on
  • SoulPowerXSoulPowerX Posts: 34 ✭✭
    #7010 August, 2020, 05:42 am.

same here :(

please return all FG and MM spent on trace charm proficiency until bug is fixed

• KimcmemKimcmem Posts: 10 ✭✭
    #7110 August, 2020, 11:49 am.

I am not seeing this on the known list of issues. Does this mean they aren’t even aware of this problem yet? It has been reported on since almost 3 weeks ago. This is a big problem for those of us that have spent thousands of guides and ministry manuals for nothing. And the problem will magnify as more people progress to those skills.

• SoulPowerXSoulPowerX Posts: 34 ✭✭
    edited August 10 #7210 August, 2020, 01:47 pm.

"Fragment count displayed in the rewards flow after returning Foundables spawned by the Trace Charm is inaccurate and differs from the Fragment count shown in the rewards summary drop-down. The rewards summary shows the most accurate Fragment count progress. "

so we have situation when you upgrade Trace Charm proficiency and this is root cause of "inaccurate Fragment count display" :)

kind of ******** imo

• OtusMagicusOtusMagicus Posts: 5 ✭✭
    #7310 August, 2020, 04:17 pm.

Same as ELISAWILSON. I have screenshots of one occurrence, but this happens every time. It shows that I should get +2 fragments at the beginning animation, but then only gives +1.

OtusMagicus

iPhone 11

iOS 13.6

• SS1951SS1951 Posts: 5 ✭✭
    #7410 August, 2020, 07:59 pm.

Having same problem with trace proficiency. At 3/8 level snd only getting two fragments. To date thos has cost me over 300 manuals and several thousand xp.

• xDTrollBusterxDxDTrollBusterxD Posts: 8 ✭✭
    #7511 August, 2020, 12:59 am.

Same here, please fix.

To skill them they are expensive and if they'd work absolutely game changing :) thanks!

@all stay healthy :)

• Pigwig2345Pigwig2345 Posts: 1 ✭✭
    #7611 August, 2020, 01:35 am.

Having this issue as well. Just spent RSB on Gethesmane's pickle for the added fragment. Only it doesn't get added after a capture.

Level 4/8 for family traces. Should get 3 traces.

• HulamanHulaman Posts: 1 ✭✭
    #7711 August, 2020, 03:00 am.

I have increased proficiency in the field charms. In the initial screen it shows +3 fragments but only adds 2 fragments. Extremely annoying!

• WizartasticWizartastic Posts: 17 ✭✭
    #7811 August, 2020, 05:01 am.

‘ForeTelling Foundables’ is apparently not increasing fragments as promised after completion. I, as others, only received 2 instead of expected 3 fragments upon completion and subsequent use of the trace charm.

• Tekel5Tekel5 Posts: 1
    #7911 August, 2020, 11:10 am.

At the top of the rewards page after the encounter, it shows 3 fragments. However, the bottom of the same page shows only 2 fragments and only two fragments are recorded in the registry.

• JIa3apJIa3ap Posts: 8 ✭✭
    #8011 August, 2020, 02:11 pm.

I have the same issue .. I have upgraded Proficiency and I should receive three fragments .. but at the end .. the fragments are only two .. same as OTUSMAGICUS  and  MISTERSPARKLES

Please fix this

• WizartasticWizartastic Posts: 17 ✭✭
    #8111 August, 2020, 10:29 pm.

The bugs - yes, plural - surrounding the Trace Charm appear to be serious bugs, especially the fact that promised fragments are not being awarded, and I don't see even one response from the dev team in this thread. Have they acknowledged the fragments bug anywhere.

I don't know how they will try to fix fragments not awarded due to this bug, which seems to be ongoing. Eventually, I'm looking for another free make-up gift to all to compensate. Another nice upgrade on its face which has simply not been thoroughly tested before implementation.

And ther is more. I couldn't even access "Foretelling Foundables" until I COMPLETED the previous node, which had 3 separate lessons therein, even though the narrative said "Unlock the previous node to gain access to this upgrade." Looking through the skill tree, I see there are many (certainly not all) nodes that are inaccessible due to this same problem. If they meant that a node had to be COMPLETED rather than just UNLOCKED to access the next node, they should have said so. They are, after all, distinctly different things. And this is apparently not even well-understood by the support team. One support person, in response to my question about this, said "There are a few nodes where it's necessary to master all previous connecting nodes in order to unlock them. Nevertheless, I will share your feedback with the team. This will help us improve the gameplay experience." In other words, what the skill tree says is not what it means.

• mysteriousDmysteriousD Posts: 64 ✭✭
    #8211 August, 2020, 10:33 pm.

Can we please get a fix for this....this was brought up almost 3 weeks ago, and many of us have spent what we earned to increase those fragments from the trace charm and this is taking a bit to fix.

So we dont get to place an image as often cause we not getting the right number of fragments, making us lose XP (with also increased trunk XP) , lose out on number of ministry books we could get from placing image more often etc etc.

• MecksMecks Posts: 7 ✭✭
    edited August 12 #8312 August, 2020, 03:12 am.

What is happening, Charm Proficiency is affecting Family XP (+10% per level) and Wizarding XP (+10% per level) instead of returned fragments.

Emergency level curiosity traces normally give 500 Wizarding XP and 20 Family XP. at Proficiency level 3, it was 650 XP and 26 Family XP. I just upped it to level 4 and now I'm receiving 700 Wizarding XP and 28 Family XP

• caitie68caitie68 Posts: 17 ✭✭
    #8412 August, 2020, 03:36 am.

Is it a bug or is it a "typo"? The wording leads us to expect an extra fragment but get an extra space to store trace spells instead. "Deep dive" looks like it's maybe a typo? They've reused text from somewhere else? The game's full of it, half the error messages, and even the congrats message are misused text from somewhere else in the game.

• SolteraleSolterale Posts: 16 ✭✭
    #8512 August, 2020, 06:42 am.

I am not seeing fragment number increases when using the trace charm ( as promised in the trace charm proficiency upgrades in SOS training). I mastered “deep dive” and “dangerous attraction” which I believe should mean the number of fragments returned for each trace generated by the trace charm is increased to 4. But the number of fragments being retrieved is still just 2 (the same as before I upgraded deep dive and dangerous attraction nodes). Basically these two upgrades aren’t being reflected in game play. I’m thinking this is a bug as otherwise there is no point to upgrading these.

• LittletombombadLittletombombad Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #8612 August, 2020, 09:04 pm.

After casting a trace charm and returning, the summary displays increase fragment count. The registry will show less fragment returned.

IE.

I have 0/5 Professor McGonagall. Cast trace charm and return one, the summary page shows 3/5. When I go look in the registry it says 2/5.

(In my case, Additional fragment from Piece of the Puzzle in lv25 SoS training)

• HerboxHerbox Posts: 13 ✭✭
    #8712 August, 2020, 09:14 pm.

I’m having this same issue of course. Currently I should be returning 4 fragments/Foundable spawned through the trace charm, yet I’m getting 2. I attached a clip of 3x in a row this just occurring on the Philosophers Stone. It’s weird that like OP even the bugged animation only shows a max of 3 frags rather than 5.... My worry is the HPWU team is not directly addressing this, so we don’t know what the fix will be or any time frame or if there even is going to be a fix. Wasted a ton of FG and MM getting Trace Charm Or

Just wanted to note I reached out to Support to request that they reverse my “purchase” of the Trace Proficiency nodes ‘Foretelling Foundables’ (252 FG, 47 MM) and ‘Deep Dive’ (501 FG, 132 MM). I’ve attached the response (lmk if this is breaking any rules @hpwulola ) but in short, you can not be refunded, there is no manual adjustment for the fragments you should have returned, and it really seems like the HPWU is purposely avoiding a statement of the actual problem - the Foundables returned with the Trace Charm are only returning max 2 fragments, even if your Proficiency level should give you more than 2 fragments.

By adding in such a huge tool to the game the Trace Charm is obviously going to be many player’s focus. I understand if it’s a hard problem to fix but please at least address it accurately so other players don’t waste their time and currency, and please let us know what the fix is going to be and when we can expect one.

We are aware of an issue where the Trace Charm Proficiency is not working as intended. We appreciate for taking the time to share this with us. Sadly, we cannot add them back to your account. Please let us know if you notice anything else that doesn’t seem right. “

• nCodernCoder Posts: 26 ✭✭
    #8812 August, 2020, 09:14 pm.

Not only that, but when updating from 3 to 4, I can see it incrementing 3 fragments but reverts immediately to 2 fragments

• Klc5048Klc5048 Posts: 132 ✭✭✭
    #8912 August, 2020, 09:41 pm.

This is a known bug that a lot of us are having the same issue. Hopefully they fix it soon.

• JIa3apJIa3ap Posts: 8 ✭✭
    #9113 August, 2020, 06:04 pm.

This is a HUGE problem .. only today I have used three times spell charm and got spawned 6 emergency foundables .. so this means that just for today I LOST 18 emergency fragments !!! OK I will have to use the calculator to calculate how much I will use for a month .. - 540 fragments !!!

Please fix this asap .. as it costs me tons of experience, runes, SOS Manuals and numbers of chances to get trace a charm