Note about the Brilliant Event: Brilliant Bogrod the Goblin can be placed by tapping the area under his elbow. The Brilliant Shopping List can be placed by tapping the bottom left corner. Click here for images.
Trace Charm Proficiency Bugged - Page 2 — Harry Potter: Wizards Unite Community Forum

Trace Charm Proficiency Bugged

Comments

• mever1ckmever1ck Posts: 10 ✭✭
    #3327 July, 2020, 06:28 am.

same here

• SleipSleip Posts: 0 ✭✭
    #3428 July, 2020, 01:08 pm.

Trace charm proficiency supposed to return 3 fragment at level 3, but it only return 2 fragment per trace that result from the trace charm. Please explain why the text is not matching with the skill in the proficiency description.

• DTVDPDTVDP Posts: 1 ✭✭
    edited July 29 #3529 July, 2020, 11:51 am.

I decided not to upgrade my Proficiency above 2 fragments until this is fixed. However, I *do* have the same issue as @Lauraliusm and @ElisaWilson: the top part of the rewards screen tries to give me an additional fragment.

In this video (link below) I'm 0/13 on Lupin (spawned from Trace Charm) before catching. The top part of the reward screen shows 3/13 while my current Proficiency doesn't even allow that. The bottom shows 2/13.

https://imgur.com/a/Gk7o4W3

• MadgrinMadgrin Posts: 10 ✭✭
    #3629 July, 2020, 07:17 pm.

This is also happening to me. Threw down the resources to upgrade from 2 to 3 fragments, and still getting only 2.

• MadgrinMadgrin Posts: 10 ✭✭
    #3729 July, 2020, 07:21 pm.

I am also experiencing this same bug. I have unlocked both "Foretelling Foundables" and "Deep Dive" which should be resulting in returns of 3 fragments now, but I continue to receive only 2, regardless of which Foundable I cast the charm against.

• SawiraSawira Posts: 1 ✭✭
    #3829 July, 2020, 07:26 pm.

The same bug :( .

Plus for the third time I have enough resources to unlock next +1 fragment.... and I wonder ... when can we expect fix => in a ca. Month or rather half a year.... It would be nice to know ;).

• BliznikBliznik Posts: 48 ✭✭✭
    #3930 July, 2020, 04:36 pm.

@Raventhorpe I just read of another user experiencing the 2->1 bug. Has this bug repeated since you last reported it? Did this happen with the new spawned Trace (the new Traces that appear after you cast the spell) or the anchor Trace (the original Trace that you cast the Trace Charm on)?

• mysteriousDmysteriousD Posts: 59 ✭✭
    #4030 July, 2020, 08:34 pm.

Patiently waiting on a fix for number of fragments. Spent earned books to get to 4 fragments and still only getting 2. This is lost placement of emergency foundables gotten from using the trace charm, which means lost ministry books gotten from placing as well as chances to get more trace charms from leveling the family page so much from placing an emergency on a gold page.

Any chance of a status update on this @HPWUrobert being these new skills been out like a week and I know was bigger issues over wizarding weekend to sort thru but was hoping this fragment count issue with trace charm skills would be sorted by now :(

• LeopardessMoonLeopardessMoon Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #4131 July, 2020, 12:23 am.

I am also only getting one extra fragment with each trace charm confoundable returned. I should be getting 2 extra as my proficiency is +2. I hope they get this fixed soon. I figure I missed out on about 10 to 15 Dumbledore fragments during the weekend event because of this.

• KampoLyreKampoLyre Posts: 2
    #4231 July, 2020, 01:21 am.

Same here. upgraded Proficiency.

I should be getting 3 Fragments but I’m getting 2.

It reports 3 at the top, 2 in the summary and reality.

The ‘known issues‘ says the lower number is right but I went back and counted up the lessons.

Should be 3!

• MalificusMalificus Posts: 1
    #4331 July, 2020, 10:33 am.

Same here

• CyberElfCyberElf Posts: 0 ✭✭
    #4431 July, 2020, 06:59 pm.

Sometimes the Trace charm is spent and does not call more foundables. Allways it says I'm rewarded +2 fragments wich ive spent the books to have...but im only ever rewarded just the 1 fragment. If I have the needed fragments and get another it does not carry over. I lot of work and time goes into playing this is unfair and frustrating. I eont be spending anymore money on this game and playing less till this is fixed. The SOS lessons come at huge cost of time playing. It should not have been released till bugs fixed. Or I should be played as a play tester

• Billmill20Billmill20 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #4531 July, 2020, 09:48 pm.

Couldn't agree mote, this is a very frusterating bug. What I don't understand is that you mention this in the known issues and claim that it is counting them correctly. If the description of the skill states "increasing the number of fragments you can recover from those traces" how is it counting them correctly? This needs to get fixed!

• BroomstickMomBroomstickMom Posts: 1
    #4601 August, 2020, 03:35 am.

Same problem here....fragment count is off and traces disappear after showing up with the trace spell.

• nCodernCoder Posts: 6 ✭✭
    #4701 August, 2020, 01:24 pm.

Same. Wish I had read this before 😒

• ArielGroggersonArielGroggerson Posts: 2
    #4801 August, 2020, 02:46 pm.

It's not letting me collect any trace charms... Always starts back over to 1/1 for all 3 charms

• BardZoltanBardZoltan Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #4902 August, 2020, 03:35 am.

Same issue. First part of the rewards shows the correct number but only getting two. Especially irritating as I should have probably an extra 200 Ministry Manuel’s if it were working correctly

• MonkeyphilMonkeyphil Posts: 1
    #5002 August, 2020, 06:56 am.

I have the same problem after getting to +2 yesterday - animation shows it fine but then I only get awarded 2 fragments instead of 1+2

shouldn't have wasted my books on that if I knew!!

• WesteeWestee Posts: 2
    #5102 August, 2020, 11:21 am.

I'm experiencing this issue as well. I believe I should be getting 3 total fragments but only credited 2. Also often the newly spawned disappear after getting the first one, although if I restart the app they reappear. Thanks.

• PiixXxiiEPiixXxiiE Posts: 2
    #5202 August, 2020, 06:25 pm.

I am experiencing the same issue. So frustrating! It was an expensive mastery!

• StarAnise8StarAnise8 Posts: 4 ✭✭
    #5305 August, 2020, 05:27 am.

I’m having a lot of issues, one in trying to report a bug wouldn’t allow me to reply after saying I still need help. When I tried reporting again, it said I wasn’t logged in on my iPhone 11, latest update and kicked me out. I’m now on my iPad Air 3, latest update and was again unable to type anything after saying I still need help. The original bug I was trying to report is that trace charm proficiency isn’t working. I recently got the foretelling foundables skill, but am still only receiving 2 foundable rewards when I should be getting 3. It cost me a lot of blue books I could’ve used on something else. Also, I have gotten randomly kicked out while in playing Wizarding challenges a few times recently, which is super frustrating.

• LarryZombieLarryZombie Posts: 5 ✭✭
    #5405 August, 2020, 07:55 am.

I am having the exact same problem with the trace charm proficiency; I spent a bunch of books to get another +1, that should have increased my fragment count from 2 to 3, but I am still getting 2 each time. It shows at the top of the screen that I am getting 3, but at the bottom, it is showing 2 as the official (but incorrect) count that is going into my registry.

• MackourasagMackourasag Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #5505 August, 2020, 07:59 am.

I also have the same issue. I feel really cheated that I played a lot to be able to spend on an upgrade and now it was for nothing.

• DragonRulesDragonRules Posts: 5 ✭✭
    #5605 August, 2020, 06:21 pm.

I also have upgraded the Trace Charm so that I should be getting 2 trace charms. I have only every got 1. The thumbnail indicates 1/2 at every renewal.

iPhone 6, iOS 12.4.

Hope that this feedback helps with game improvement.

Thanks, DragonRules

• MermaidLoreMermaidLore Posts: 7 ✭✭
    edited August 5 #5705 August, 2020, 06:22 pm.

I came here to say the same. Invested in Deep Dive which should've taken my trace charm fragment return from 2 up to 3. Still only getting 2 fragments per foundable returned from the trace charm.... not sure of the point of this node if it doesn't return an additional fragment as promised. Appears bugged.

• FrkMystikFrkMystik Posts: 1 ✭✭
    #5805 August, 2020, 08:35 pm.

“Hi 

Im experiencing some trouble when I use trace charm, the extra fragments doesn’t register in the registry, and also when I rank up more than once, I only get one reward. 

Could you please look into this, since this is making my gaming experience less joyful.

Sincerely, Trine”

• Klc5048Klc5048 Posts: 45 ✭✭
    #5906 August, 2020, 06:54 am.

I'm also having this problem. Upgraded my trace charm and should be getting 3 fragments per trace, but it has only been giving me 2. Very disappointing.

• AndyRozmanAndyRozman Posts: 113 ✭✭
    #6006 August, 2020, 01:35 pm.

Same problem... I should be getting 2 additional parts, but I still receive only 1.

And please fix "The Trace Charm" screen all together. While numbers correctly increase, texts on page are wrong.

And restarting app can be a problem on some machines. I have Tablet which I use occasionally and HPWU takes about 50s-1.5min to start, so restarting it can be problematic.

• HinkyjinksHinkyjinks Posts: 26 ✭✭
    #6106 August, 2020, 05:20 pm.

I should be getting 4 fragments per trace, but am still getting only 2. I should have SO many more field guides, ministry manuals, trace charms and a ton more XP. This is getting super frustrating, as I probably would have leveled up at least 1-2 times with all the XP I’ve lost. Lots of people have heavily invested in the trace charm, which isn’t working to its potential. There have been opportunity costs associated with investing in the trace charm over other areas, like spell mastery. It is super frustrating that you haven’t even identified this as a known bug almost two and a half weeks after the roll-out of SOS Training. You really need to prioritize fixing trace charm proficiency — and then figure out how you will compensate those folks who upgraded TC Proficiency early. Thanks.