Trace Charm Proficiency Bugged

BliznikBliznik Posts: 47 ✭✭✭
in Report a Bug #1 latest comment 02 August, 2020, 11:21 am.

According to the description, unlocking a "Trace Charm Proficiency" node should increase the number of Fragments I recover from Traces affected by my Trace Charm.

I have increased my Proficiency to lv. 4. This should mean that I receive 4 additional Fragments for every Trace Charm Trace that I return, for a total of 5 Fragments per Trace.

Instead, I only receive 1 additional Fragment, which is equal to a Proficiency of lv. 1 instead of a Proficiency of lv. 4. I just cast the Trace Charm on a Trace to create 5 additional Traces, and each Trace only awarded me 2 Fragments. I tested this twice, once with 5 Newt Scamander Trace Charm Traces and another time with 5 Fred Weasley Trace Charm Traces.

Also, the "Rare Trace Bonus" also does not appear to be having any affect at all. If I cast the Trace Charm on a High Foundable, it replicates High Foundables. If I cast it on a Severe Foundable, it replicates Severe Foundables. If I cast it on an Emergency Foundable, it replicates Emergency Foundables. The rarity of the Traces is not increased at all.

Please fix this.

Tagged:
43 votes

Investigating · Last Updated

Sent it to the team for further review.

Comments

• diwadiwatadiwadiwata Posts: 26 ✭✭
    #222 July, 2020, 02:04 pm.

Trace charm is my priority to level up, and the ones I can unlock are not useful or interesting to me. Except for maybe potion ones. I'm saving up my books to get trace proficiency lessons so I hope the fix won't be too long.

• cosk62cosk62 Posts: 50 ✭✭
    #622 July, 2020, 03:47 pm.

@Bliznik, your screenshots show that both Newt and Fred are maxed on fragments, so you should not be able to get any more fragments until you place that image. Are you getting overflow with Trace Charm - more than 10/10 or 18/18? Or are the screenshots illustrating another bug? Can you clarify?

• ZexpeZexpe Posts: 4 ✭✭
    #722 July, 2020, 03:57 pm.

Without the rare trace bonus you get spawns that are one level lower than the trace your cast the charm on. So the rare trace bonus does have an effect in making the spawns the same level as the ones you cast the charm on.

• BliznikBliznik Posts: 47 ✭✭✭
    #822 July, 2020, 04:37 pm.

@cosk62 Here are the next two screenshots where I was not maxed. Only 2 Fragments.

• WSDC13888WSDC13888 Posts: 57 ✭✭✭
    #922 July, 2020, 06:01 pm.

@HPWUrobert I don't see this in the consolidated list of bugs, has this made it on the radar? I am also only getting 2 fragments from Trace Charm foundables with 4 upgrades to proficiency, exactly like the OP.

• LauraliusmLauraliusm Posts: 1 ✭✭
    edited July 22 #1122 July, 2020, 07:55 pm.

I have also found this bug. I had the trace charm activated, which spawned 3 magizoo newts. I should be collecting 3 fragments per trace too. I caught the first, in the animation it showed +3 fragments, taking me to 3/7. However, right at the bottom, it only showed 2/7. So the next one, I caught and took screenshots. It again showed +3 fragments, taking me to 5/7, however it only showed 4/7 at the bottom...

• fresspapafresspapa Posts: 1 ✭✭
    #1222 July, 2020, 09:04 pm.

Same for me. proficiency boost is not working. 'Only' 2 fragments per trace. Efficacy is ok, providing extra traces.

• HoratrixHoratrix Posts: 1 ✭✭
    edited July 22 #1322 July, 2020, 11:49 pm.

I have both skills Gethsemane’s Pickle and Deep Dive  which gives the description of increasing the fragments by the foundables spawned by the trace charm. I only get 2 fragments instead of 3.

• FoxTrotRiderFoxTrotRider Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #1423 July, 2020, 06:03 am.

I have the same issue as the OP. It’s very discouraging to spend those precious green books on TC proficiency and then find that it doesn’t work. I’m also +4 and am only getting +2 fragments on each TC spawn.

• BonmedoBonmedo Posts: 8 ✭✭
    #1523 July, 2020, 06:11 am.

Hi there, I’ve encountered times when the Trace Charm is shown to be useable, charge is available ... but when I use it .. it just failed. I waited for few hours .. and then it works. Is it bug? Or is there certain time limit that we have to wait for before using the Trace again?

#1623 July, 2020, 06:25 am.

@Bonmedo AFAIK, Trace Charms can be used back-to-back. The only restrictions are:

(1) If you Charm a Trace, you cannot Charm that Trace a 2nd time

(2) You cannot Charm a Trace that you summoned using the Trace Charm. (it has a special glow)

• ElisaWilsonElisaWilson Posts: 71 ✭✭
    #1723 July, 2020, 09:27 am.

I also have a similar issue. In my case I'm supposed to get an extra foundable fragment when using the Trace Charm. According to the numbers shown in the beginning of the results screen, this does happen. However, the summary at the end of the rewards screen lists only a single fragment. Even worse, I can't see the extra fragment in the registry page either.

For example, a couple of minutes ago I got twice the Quidditch Captain Cedric Diggory. I was on 3/5 fragments and with the return of the first fragment I was supposed to be able to prestige it. With the return of the second foundable I was going then to be on 2/5 with a green star. Since I only got a single fragment of both foundables I'm now at 0/5 with a green star. It may not be that big of a difference, but it adds up over time. I don't see the point of investing in a "better" Trace Charm, when I don't see a real result at the end.

• BonmedoBonmedo Posts: 8 ✭✭
    #1823 July, 2020, 10:48 am.

@Bliznik hmm ... in my case I havent cast any charm at all that day. It was supposed to be the first charm I casted after about 10 or so hours. And I try to cast it on several different foundables, restarted aps, it was not working. I tried it again after several more hours .. and it finally worked.

• H0ckeyM0m33H0ckeyM0m33 Posts: 6 ✭✭
    #2023 July, 2020, 03:17 pm.

I have the same issue. Invested in Deep Dive and should get another fragment but still only getting 2 per returned trace.

• MrWendel42MrWendel42 Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #2123 July, 2020, 03:27 pm.

I have the "Studious success" treasure trunk upgrade and since getting it, I've opened 60-70 treasure trunks without getting a single trace charm charge. Is the drop rate for these supposed to be that low, or is something wrong with it?

#2223 July, 2020, 06:03 pm.

@MrWendel42 On average, the drop rate is about 1/20 Exploration Treasure Trunks. You can't get Trace Charm Charges from Challenge or Brilliant Treasure Trunks. Luck is, by definition, streaky. I've gotten two Trace Charm Charges in a row, and I've also gone streaks of 50+ Exploration Treasure Trunks with no Trace Charm Charge.

• NikitaM04NikitaM04 Posts: 4
    #2324 July, 2020, 02:19 am.

I'm experiencing the same issue.

I invested in "Mind Freak", "Foretelling Foundables" and "Deep Dive" and should receive a total of 3 fragments per trace, but it is registering only a total of 2. Before returning the trace below of Tom Riddle, I had 7/10.

I noticed this bug at least after using the Trace Charm 3 times so far

• ElisaWilsonElisaWilson Posts: 71 ✭✭
    #2424 July, 2020, 06:59 am.

I finally managed to take screenshots at the right time to show the bug:

I noticed from the other posts in this topic that the people who are supposed to receive more than 2 fragments only receive 2. And those who should get 2 fragments only receive one.

• catapultingtcupcatapultingtcup Posts: 2
    #2525 July, 2020, 04:16 pm.

I am also having this issue. Missed out on the extra fragments of Firenze, Lupin, and Dumbledore :/ I can provide screenshots if necessary.

• MugglesNeedLuv2MugglesNeedLuv2 Posts: 1
    #2625 July, 2020, 05:13 pm.

I am also having the same issue. I should be getting 4 fragments, but am only getting 2. I also have screenshots that show my starting fragment count For the foundable, then returning it the rewards scroll screen shows that I earned +2 (from trace charm) +1 (normal) but it should show +3 from the trace charm based on me leveling up my charm, then the rewards screen shows me only getting 2 fragments.

• RaventhorpeRaventhorpe Posts: 1
    edited July 25 #2725 July, 2020, 10:32 pm.

Trace charm was working fine for me yesterday. Today, the rewards screen initially showed the correct 2 fragments (only one level of proficiency atm), but then the final screen and the registry screen only counted a single fragment. I had a single fragment of Dumbledore before this return.

I didn't screenshot the registry because I still had several other Dumbledore traces to return before I hit the support button.

• MecksMecks Posts: 1
    edited July 26 #2826 July, 2020, 12:49 am.

same problem, invested heavily in Trace Charm proficiency, it was working fine at +1 level, returning 2 fragments, but+2 level (Deep Dive) is not working. Still returning 2 fragments instead of 3.

I actually think Deep Dive increased the number of stored spellcasts instead. I believe I should have 3 and instead I have 4, which isn't really helpful as the Trace Charms are hard to earn

Post edited by Mecks on
  • WardrickWardrick Posts: 0
    #2926 July, 2020, 05:56 pm.

Only gives 2 fragments no matter how much you upgrade the proficiency node.

• C4ssiopeiaC4ssiopeia Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #3026 July, 2020, 09:59 pm.

Just came here to say this.

I should be getting 3 fragments per trace but only getting 2

• ZanzibarZZanzibarZ Posts: 2
    #3126 July, 2020, 10:18 pm.

same here.